Angelboy863

I want to be able to do hairtricks!

I've seen 2 SSA ICON 10"s do a small hair trick. Pretty sick.

Crap. No I don't plan on walling it. I just wanted to see what I can do on a budget. A Acura Integra has a fairly small surface area, so I was thinking that 2 15" Z v2's would work.

@bigjon you did hairtricks? what were you using for your system at the time?

It's going to vary from vehicle to vehicle, and installation.

Just an example, I believe Dvalue has two 10" or 12" icons (not a spl orientated driver) in a trunk car (sealed off, front firing) and he's doing hair tricks...

10" ICON's, on 3Kw, in a super secret megaloud enclosure.

how about try to get as much cone area as possible tune extremely low, and good amounts of power and lots of port area to play with ,

that my experience was on producing hairtricks

here are some videos you need to undertsand on what makes a hairtrick work

Edited by knockinthastreetzof608

Crap. No I don't plan on walling it. I just wanted to see what I can do on a budget. A Acura Integra has a fairly small surface area, so I was thinking that 2 15" Z v2's would work.

@bigjon you did hairtricks? what were you using for your system at the time?

It's going to vary from vehicle to vehicle, and installation.

Just an example, I believe Dvalue has two 10" or 12" icons (not a spl orientated driver) in a trunk car (sealed off, front firing) and he's doing hair tricks...

10" ICON's, on 3Kw, in a super secret megaloud enclosure.

I see I have a reputation now.

:P

Honestly, none of us expected to be able to do it, just worked out well.

i could do some hair tricks with certain songs with my sx15 and about 11-1200 rms in my cavalier seat down, box and port facing trunk.....i was low tuned, playing lower toned rap songs....the more air you can move, the easier it is to blow some hair around homie....im putting an xcon 18 in my van, hoping i can do something with that, if not, alternator, batteries, more subs and bigger amps will make it possible, but that requires time. good luck man...

Sub facing the front, sealed off. I have a 3kwp but for this vid the gain was set at approx 1800wrms.

This picture is before I sealed it off with expanding foam (made a huge difference)

Edit-0013-3.jpg

Now when you were doing the vid, were the seats down?

Seats down

Sub facing the front, sealed off. I have a 3kwp but for this vid the gain was set at approx 1800wrms.

This picture is before I sealed it off with expanding foam (made a huge difference)

Edit-0013-3.jpg

Now when you were doing the vid, were the seats down?

Seats down

cooool. you should try a hair trick. If you can, then i'm definitely buying a pair of xcons! :morepower1:

I haven't tried a hairtrick yet either, but I did try a shirt trick...

This is 2 15" xcons and about 500-600watts to each xcon.

cooool. you should try a hair trick. If you can, then i'm definitely buying a pair of xcons! :morepower1:

You shouldn't base your sub selection on somebody else's videos ;) So many variables will be different in your setup than mine.

If all you want is a system to do hair tricks then xcon's are more money than what you need to spend. The SA series from Sundown is a proven ground pounder and cost approx half of what xcon's do. Two sa-12's, 3k and an 8" port should be a good start ;)

you guys are killing me i need to get rid of the x-con sq box and build an spl box for the btl's now. hahaha

You shouldn't base your sub selection on somebody else's videos ;) So many variables will be different in your setup than mine.

If all you want is a system to do hair tricks then xcon's are more money than what you need to spend. The SA series from Sundown is a proven ground pounder and cost approx half of what xcon's do. Two sa-12's, 3k and an 8" port should be a good start ;)

Two sa-12's on 3000 watts tuned low?

I can see the "what happened to my subs" thread already....

Two sa-12's on 3000 watts tuned low?

I can see the "what happened to my subs" thread already....

Don't let the wrms rating fool you. Do some research on other's setups. It is all about proper install.

I only wanna run at most 2000watts. i know i know, limiting myself can be bad, but im on a budget too.

two sa 12's? if im not mistaken, their rms is aroun 300-400? running 3000 is crazy because even if they are under rated, they cant be thatttt under rated.

I like the xcons lol. and i might even wait to buy their new zcons. one 15" zcon is plenty for my hairtrick in a chevy cobalt 2 door

SA-12 rms is 600 although there have many people running double or triple rms. Check out Sundown's win thread in their section here.

I heard that 2 15"s is the minimum needed. Of course, a lot of factors involved here, type of vehicle, wattage etc so it varies.

I think you have higher chances of hair tricks if you tune in the 40s. Someone correct me if Im wrong tho.

Wrong.

@BanginGMC i like ya build man. good setup. well all i can say is we will findout what is possible with a ssa audio 15" xcon and a sundown audio 1500w amp. what do you guys recommend for an enclosure? at what hertz?