d2s morimoto kit looks nice ... been looking at the shots of comparisons of different kits.. Wish I knew about this before I got this DDM kit... Although much more expensive the bi-xenon effect is amazing... Not requiring 2 separate bulbs but a limiter that disengages when told to do so is amazing...

d2s morimoto kit looks nice ... been looking at the shots of comparisons of different kits.. Wish I knew about this before I got this DDM kit... Although much more expensive the bi-xenon effect is amazing... Not requiring 2 separate bulbs but a limiter that disengages when told to do so is amazing...

I honestly have no clue what you said about the last part.

All I know is that different projectors let you aim the light differently, and that the HIDs emit plasma? Oh and the actual lens / projectors look sick :P

Basically there is like a lens hood/flap that moves when high beam is activated... instead of separate bulbs

If I can afford it I think I'll be ordering the d2s kit and doing this as a summer project, tons to read on hidplanet...

Thanks luker

No problem. I'm just glad to see you're doing it right. PNP kits are simple and all but blind other drivers and sacrafice output compared to stock halogens. Check out the cut off line a good retro gives. Its beautiful and being able to paint your housings to match your car really makes them look cool. The output of them is where they really become worth the time and money. I reccomend some good bulbs if you get D2S. And be sure to read about the switch from high to low getting stuck on the trs kits. Its an easy thing to fix and there's a great writeup on that forum about it. Good luck with the retro stefan and shogen if you decide to go that route.

I would check with your parents insurance to make sure they will cover it when someone hits you in the ass end because they can't see you brake lights during the day

I would check with your parents insurance to make sure they will cover it when someone hits you in the ass end because they can't see you brake lights during the day

Good idea, I don't plan on doing it very dark, and I plan on changing out the bulbs to LEDs.

Stock looks better on that car, IMO

I said previously it might be worth a shot, but the stock lights do have a nice contrast as it is, and would keep it stock IMO and is much safer.

I like them darken. I am thinking about putting Vinyl over mine, since it is thicker so it will last in the weather conditions. Also, I wouldn't mess with the taillights until I installed LEDs there first. Also, installing projectors is a very daughting task if you've never done it before. I would just buy a kit if its available for your model from ebay or something. Some individuals out there charge up to 1500 to install them, some even install quad projectors which look sick, but for the expense, IDK. Also, there are gonna be some mods needed for the transformation. I think it would just be easier to buy the entire headlight kit that comes with projectors already installed IMHO.

I like them darken. I am thinking about putting Vinyl over mine, since it is thicker so it will last in the weather conditions. Also, I wouldn't mess with the taillights until I installed LEDs there first. Also, installing projectors is a very daughting task if you've never done it before. I would just buy a kit if its available for your model from ebay or something. Some individuals out there charge up to 1500 to install them, some even install quad projectors which look sick, but for the expense, IDK. Also, there are gonna be some mods needed for the transformation. I think it would just be easier to buy the entire headlight kit that comes with projectors already installed IMHO.

Swapping tail lights out in my car takes about 30 seconds drunk...

There either cheap hid kits which everything I read are bad, or there is one set projector headlamp set for $800...

I think I'll try doing it myself, I won't be the only one, worst case I end up spending more money and end up buying new oem headlamps / housing, I'm in it to learn :P

There either cheap hid kits which everything I read are bad, or there is one set projector headlamp set for $800...

I think I'll try doing it myself, I won't be the only one, worst case I end up spending more money and end up buying new oem headlamps / housing, I'm in it to learn :P

Well, to give you an idea, check these out.

http://www.littodevilperformance.com/hid/gallery/toyotasciontc/index.html

There is a site that I'm looking for where the guy did a step by step with listed equipment, maybe google will be your friend on this one.

http://www.littodevilperformance.com/hid/gallery/toyotasciontc/index.html

There is a site that I'm looking for where the guy did a step by step with listed equipment, maybe google will be your friend on this one.

Looks sweet, I'm going to have to hold off on the lights though, got a ticket in the mail.

http://www.littodevi...ontc/index.html

Looks sweet, I'm going to have to hold off on the lights though, got a ticket in the mail.

Well that sucks. You know..... If you really wanted to fight that ticket, you could probably win. There is a flaw in that system that has already been exploited by another gentleman. Something to do with the fact that they(local gvt) has to prove that there was somebody there watching those camereas at the time you were cought. If not, then it illegal. Not sure how true this is, but, its worth googleing.

http://www.littodevi...ontc/index.html

Well that sucks. You know..... If you really wanted to fight that ticket, you could probably win. There is a flaw in that system that has already been exploited by another gentleman. Something to do with the fact that they(local gvt) has to prove that there was somebody there watching those camereas at the time you were cought. If not, then it illegal. Not sure how true this is, but, its worth googleing.

I actually could have disregarded the ticket since it came through the mail, and avoid being served for 3 months, and it would be thrown out. But I forgot and I've already registered for my defensive driving class, so I'm pretty sure that's acknowledgment to the ticket :P