I'm planning on buying an 12' ssa icon in the future. I will need an amp to run and am not sure what to get. I want to stay on the cheap side.

Here a few amps, which would be the best?

MB quart onx1.1000d - http://www.mbquart.com/onyx_amps.html

RE DTS 1500.1 - http://usamps.com/dts_amps.html

RE VLX1DE - http://usamps.com/vlx_amps.html

kicker dx1000.1 - http://kicker.com/dx_amplifiers

Edited by dpgriff

ehh the one that fits ur pocket book

That one is.. no wait that other one is. Dude if you wanna stay on the cheap side just buy the cheapest one.. no brainer..

Well I mean I don't want to be like $400 or $500 on an amp. There are a lot of cheap amps from companies like lanzar, crunch, power acoustik, absolute, spl, autotek. I hear about people advising against hifonics amps. Yes I want to save money but I don't want to have to buy a better amp for the same sub later on down the road. The point of the post was mainly to get opinions on amplifiers from RE & mb quart.

Well I mean I don't want to be like $400 or $500 on an amp. There are a lot of cheap amps from companies like lanzar, crunch, power acoustik, absolute, spl, autotek. I hear about people advising against hifonics amps. Yes I want to save money but I don't want to have to buy a better amp for the same sub later on down the road. The point of the post was mainly to get opinions on amplifiers from RE & mb quart.

VLX! I saw the bigger one...a 2DE or whatever on 2 SE-X's and it was loud so...lol yeah.

All the amps you listed come from reputable companies. I would do some research to find out which one will give the most for your money.

One thing to look for in an amplifier is a variable sub sonic filter.

HiFonics aren't bad amps. They'll do rated or a little more and are cost efficient. I don't know why they said that.

Lanzars Opti line is good stuff. The rest of their stuff is low line and won't do near rated.

Crunch, Power Acoustik, Absolute, SPL, Autotek....... I wouldn't buy.

If you really want the cheapest price go with Audiopipe. I'm not a fan of them myself but they do rated and they're cheap as hell.

Do you mind using a refurbished amplifier?

db-r is having a clearance sale on the refurbished SAE1200 from Sundown, that would work great, they also have some SAZ 1000Ds too for bit more. This is probably the cheapest way into a really good amplifier with a warranty. Audioque sells their 1200D for $249 new I think and wouldn't be a bad choice.

dB-r Electronics

There's a link to the amplifiers Ohjay mentioned. I've heard nothing but good reviews about dB-r.

Good luck :drink40:

I put a 12" Icon and a Kicker DX1000 in my girls car, it does the job for her.

HiFonics aren't bad amps. They'll do rated or a little more and are cost efficient. I don't know why they said that.

Lanzars Opti line is good stuff. The rest of their stuff is low line and won't do near rated.

Crunch, Power Acoustik, Absolute, SPL, Autotek....... I wouldn't buy.

If you really want the cheapest price go with Audiopipe. I'm not a fan of them myself but they do rated and they're cheap as hell.

WTF? Honestly man? You think HIFONICS do rated power or even more then rated?

I would take Audiopipe over Hifonics all day, Hifonics are trash now.