Angelboy863

Hairtrick questions?

Here I go again with the hairtrick thread lol.

But just curious again. Are hairtricks done based on cone area or power? I'm thinking both because you need more cone area to push more air but what's the point of more cone area without the power? Enlighten me guys with your experience and knowledge and what you guys recommend for me to do hairtricks on a budget.

I'm thinkin a 15" SA-15 and a SAE 1000 as my system for the year. Not expecting hairtricks but what mods do you guys think I should do , add another sub, amp etc.

Thanks guys.

Here I go again with the hairtrick thread lol.

But just curious again. Are hairtricks done based on cone area or power? I'm thinking both because you need more cone area to push more air but what's the point of more cone area without the power? Enlighten me guys with your experience and knowledge and what you guys recommend for me to do hairtricks on a budget.

I'm thinkin a 15" SA-15 and a SAE 1000 as my system for the year. Not expecting hairtricks but what mods do you guys think I should do , add another sub, amp etc.

Thanks guys.

Cone area > Power in my opinion. Obviously you need some power though.

Edited by ricksi30

True. But how much power?

depends on the setup, car size, wall no wall ect.

Theres no magic #

:suicide-santa:

There is no set standard, "do this and this and you will get hair tricks". It's going to depend on the car/install on EVERY basis. I can't (nobody can) give you a set number that will give you the minimum needed for hair tricks. If you really want to do them get multiple subs and a bit of power, tune low with lotsa' port area.

Ok I'll try it out. I'm just trying to see what I can do on a budget you know? Lot of port area, tune low. Got it. This would fit in a 03 Nissan Maxima btw.

Ok I'll try it out. I'm just trying to see what I can do on a budget you know? Lot of port area, tune low. Got it. This would fit in a 03 Nissan Maxima btw.

With that car you will gain a lot by firing into the cabin and sealing the trunk from the cabin.

Ported?

Yeah port and tune 30-34 with lots of port area. I'm not saying that you'll achieve a hairtrick, but you are pressurizing a smaller area therefore moving more air. Make sure you seal as airtight as you possibly can or it is not worth doing.

I think it's possible for me to seal off the trunk but how will the air move to the cabin? Must I take out my backseat?

Lol @dvalue. And im still surprised that you can.

I think it's possible for me to seal off the trunk but how will the air move to the cabin? Must I take out my backseat?

Pretty sure the 03 Max seats fold down right?

Actually, I've never tried. It would be very convenient if they did. I just bought this car like last week. If they didn't fold down, this plan would be useless won't it .. Lol

Actually, I've never tried. It would be very convenient if they did. I just bought this car like last week. If they didn't fold down, this plan would be useless won't it .. Lol

99.9% sure they do. Maxima.org is an awesome resource, I drive an Infiniti I30 (like Max of same year) and that forum has helped me with a lot.

ShowtimeSPL did a video explaining hairtricks on youtube, go check it out.

Breaks down everything very well, and might give you a better answer.

I've wTched those videos relentless. Pretty good info but very generic. I hope the seats will fold down. Um I'll check tomorrow morning because it's 1:30am eastern time but I'm hopin they do cause of so this trunk seal front firing plan might just work. Now which sub(s) and amp(s) to use ...

I've wTched those videos relentless. Pretty good info but very generic. I hope the seats will fold down. Um I'll check tomorrow morning because it's 1:30am eastern time but I'm hopin they do cause of so this trunk seal front firing plan might just work. Now which sub(s) and amp(s) to use ...

Budget?

No more than $1000

No more than $1000

Just for subs/amp or front stage and deck too?

$1000 total. On entire system which will include battery(s), alternator, wiring , box

My speakers and headunit is already taken care of

My speakers and headunit is already taken care of

2 sa-15's off of http://www.woofersetc.com/p-6040-zrs-7000d-cadence-2600-watt-1-ch-competition-amplifier.aspx . That leaves you ~500 for box wiring and a battery. Do the big three and get a big battery for under the hood and you'll be set.

Edited by ricksi30

That amp is rated 1300 RMS @ 1ohm. Will that be enough? Thanks alot though for all this info. I really appreciate it.

That amp is rated 1300 RMS @ 1ohm. Will that be enough? Thanks alot though for all this info. I really appreciate it.

It's a little under rated, and its rated at 13.8v. The stock alt should do fine with that amount of power (I run 1900 on stock electrical + big 3 with pretty much the same car) and it will slam if done right. BUT you will have 0 trunk space.