jFreezy

How good are SHURiKEN batteries?

I plan on upgrading my battery (kinetik 1400) I want something a little bit bigger, enough to power about 1200watts rms easy. I am on a budget and see that the shuriken batteries are a little bit cheaper than optima, kinetik, and xs power. For you shuriken users, are they good batteries? ive read reviews saying they are awesome and just as good but if so why isnt everyone buying shurikens? It just sounds too good to be true. I am looking at a shuriken sk-bt1000 it's 100AH and 2250 crank amps and $225 way cheaper than the other batteries at same numbers. I'd like to know if this battery is long lasting and worth it or should I go with other brands? Don't want to waste any money

we are running 4 of the 16v shuriken batts in the geo. so far so good. cant comment on the other lines from them though.

How long have you had them?

I know shop owner that sells these batteries. I been thinking about grabbing a couple myself.

Everyone on his team uses them and they seem to perform well.

Edited by Hotdog69

They are good batteries. I run them as well. The are cheaper than most because they are owned by Metra and can take advantage of cheaper manufacturing coat due to their high volume.

They are good batteries. I run them as well. The are cheaper than most because they are owned by Metra and can take advantage of cheaper manufacturing coat due to their high volume.

So are shuriken batteries made of cheap material?

I just find it odd that these batteries are so good yet I don't know anyone that has them. Everyone around me in car audio have either kinetik, XS, optima but never shuriken. I just don't want to get ripped off but from what Im hearing shuriken seems to do the job. I think ill buy the shuriken

Good question! I use a Shuriken BT-80 good for 1800 rms I paid $190.00 New. I slamm my subs full tilt on Crescendo 2K @ 1ohm with car off, And it handles that very well! It always starts up, and charges well. I DO recommend the 16V batteries. Iv only heard that they're just as good as Kinetic.

I just find it odd that these batteries are so good yet I don't know anyone that has them. Everyone around me in car audio have either kinetik, XS, optima but never shuriken. I just don't want to get ripped off but from what Im hearing shuriken seems to do the job. I think ill buy the shuriken

Thats because they are fairly new to the scene, the haven't been In the marekt for long At all.

I have four of the BT-20s for my 2000ish watt install coming up, I can't wait really.. got them for near 49.99 new shipped each during a sale on sonicelectronix, can't beat that.

my bt-120 has been doing fine for over a year now!

I use Shurikens

i have used the shuriken 600's and 800's in PLENTY of installs, id say atleast 20 and never had a single issue but 1 time, and it was warrenty'd out with out a problem. VERY good budget battery, i see no diffrence in the shuriken800 then the kinetik800 sidexside they work the same. i have tested them

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

only problem with that test is that it was done by xspower so its going to be biased. (no real proof all 3 batteries are new or fully charged other than his word so u can't completely rule out the resullts bieng skewed to the side of xs) now if it was done by a independent party with nothing to loose or gain no matter what the results show i would take it with a grain of salt.

only problem with that test is that it was done by xspower so its going to be biased. (no real proof all 3 batteries are new or fully charged other than his word so u can't completely rule out the resullts bieng skewed to the side of xs) now if it was done by a independent party with nothing to loose or gain no matter what the results show i would take it with a grain of salt.

what was biased about that test tho. he clearly tested the 3 batts and clearly showed the results. not like he was giving the other 2 more power that the xs to compare their voltage drop. but it seems like the shurikens are pretty good for the money

*edit* my bad i re-read your post. you have a point. but if that was the case and someone else tested them fully charged theres a possibility that xs could loose customers for lying and no business wants that.

Edited by User

If you look at the machine it shows the voltage of the battery, they were all about 13.1V at the start. Just shows how much of a drop the battery goes through on the load put on it for X time. XS kicked ass. And they stated that there is nothing scientific about it. It's just showing what different batteries do.

just because the batteries show the same voltage doesn't mean they are all fully charged they all just have a decent charge to them. Don't get me wrong i'm planning on running Xspower batts when i get the funds (probally a D3400 or whatever close to it that fits under my hood and 1 or 2 D680's hidden in the rear quarter panels) But i only listen to independent unbiased opinions, tests from sources that could care less what the results show. Like on another forum a somebody posted what would be the best amp for his W7's, people named the typical, AQ, sundown ect. one guy posted he wouldn't run any of the internet brands because he doesn't feel they have the sound quality to match the w7's and would run JL amps but he works at a shop that sells JL audio but not sundown ect.

Edited by rysc

I don't get what you think would change if they started at 14.4 volts or something? they would still drop the same amount relative to each other, i would assume. Whether they start at 12 or 16 volts, the point is to show that one battery can take more abuse and hold a charge better than the next.

plus a batery only charges 14.4 on alt. but what watts09 saying just showing how much drop the batts get to. feeeeeeeeel meeeeee