MR2

My MR2 Build Begins...Finally..!

The tail lights are a subtle change, I like it.

Cool...glad you like it..!

MR2

I do like the rear lights being blacked out, but now the rear looks very crisp and clean! Great job!!

Yes when the blackout lights are done well or bought that way they look really clean...unfortunately the tails were getting really old, faded, and started to crack. I didn't even want to restore them. I decided to just do the conversion. I like the clean look better...and I don't like to give the patrollers any reasons to pull me over.

Thanks for the feedback..!

MR2

I found the parts used local...! Before I found the part I called the dealer...when I gave them my VIN the part was actually even more money...it's was around $300...so I'm very happy I found one used for way less...very lucky..!!!

So if all goes well I should have my car back together very soon..!!!

MR2

Got part...installed it last night...! Car is runnnin' again..!!! Also had something strange go on with the rear camera. I tore it apart inspected, put it back together...it also works now..!

So sometime this week I'll wash, wax, and take some nice HQ photos..!

Stay tuned...

MR2

:popcorn::eek5wavey:

Got part...installed it last night...! Car is runnnin' again..!!! Also had something strange go on with the rear camera. I tore it apart inspected, put it back together...it also works now..!

Stay tuned...

MR2

All these promises of HQ photos better be worth it.. or else :ready2go:

Stay tuned...

MR2

All these promises of HQ photos better be worth it.. or else :ready2go:

Well let's hope so huh...!

MR2

Were are all those pics you been talkin' bout??? :shrug:

Were are all those pics you been talkin' bout??? :shrug:

Sorry guys for not posting any new pics. I got busy with some work I had to do and I didn't want to take just some ok pics. The car needs a desperate detail job end to end...and just now I run into more troubles with the car...I'm a bit bummed at the moment...!

Last week my shift cable had to break just as I was getting on the on ramp to get onto freeway(not a great place to break down). Luckily my pops comes to the rescue..! So after spending a couple days on the phone to find part(s)I managed to find the parts an hour away used(SWEET since the dealer said the part was actually replaced with a new one that cost not $200 but $300+before shipping-I got the used one for about half $200 if you include my gas). I Install it, everything seems cool. Fairly easy fix...just a lil' time consuming is all. So anyway my ride has been parked all day in the driveway and most of the weekend since I've been busy with work. Tonight I pulled it in and just have a funny feeling. I look under my car...Huge puddle of something...?! Turns out it's green(coolant)...

Not good, not good at all..! Not sure what to think...but I'm bummed...again sorry guys...didn't mean to leave y'all hangin'..!

=(

MR2

ps: believe me...I want to detail the ride really bad and take some nice pics! It's going to take a whole day at least reviving the paint, cleaning out the small areas around trim, and so on. This car was sitting with a blown engine for some time outside. Paint is oxidized really bad...so this is not going to be a quick fix. This is why no new pics...I want to take some nice shots outside the car as well as inside of the install(it also needs a detail inside...very dusty and in need of serious TLC...but now my worry is whats wrong with the car...! Dayum..! I'm going to go put a bunch of kitty liter on the floor to soak up the liquids...! =(

:ehh:

Sorry for delay man...read my recent post whats going on...

MR2

Sorry to hear about your troubles man, good luck gettin' her back on the road.

:( Sorry to hear this. Don't get discouraged, Get busy!!

'sall good! Just keep your chin up. We already know that you do work, so there is quick turn around time. Sorry to hear about all the road bumps, but it will all get smoother in time and will be worth the effort when you're crusin' down the freeway and not breaking down :P

Thanks for the encouragement guys...makes me feel better. I also have an issue with the rear camera. It freezes the image on the HU. Not sure if it's the HU having the issue or the camera. Anyway...the least of my worries. Last time that happened I pulled the whole rear end apart unplugged and replugged everything, turned it back on...and everything worked fine. Ok quick fix...but then it came back up with same issue. So I maybe shopping for a new rear camera too soon..! =(

Again thanks a lot for the kind words y'all...!

MR2

When i had a coolant leak when I first got my car, I just changed the cheap clamps and worn out hoses which helped me. Hopefully yours will be a simple fix as well.

When i had a coolant leak when I first got my car, I just changed the cheap clamps and worn out hoses which helped me. Hopefully yours will be a simple fix as well.

Yes I hope so too...! My mechanic had to replace some hose or hoses...not sure which ones he did. He said he'd come by sometime today to take a look at it. Lets hope its just a simple fix and not anything major...I can't afford anything major. I've dumped a lot into the ride already..!

The next major update is paint...rather be spending $ on paint than more engine work...but gots to do what I gots to do ya know...! =(

MR2

What was the outcome of the water leak???? Hope you got it straightened out.

Were are the pics you were talking about?

:popcorn:

Tails look great.

It was a heater hose. It was another expensive fix(like $100 part-but luckily there was an aftermarket alternative for way less). So now it's replaced and has been holding up for a couple of days now. I'm just super slammed helpin' my pops at the moment with a remodel. So he helped me a bunch...now I'm helping him a bunch. It's a real relief it wasn't anything major...!

There is a Portland MR2 meetup I'm planning on going to this weekend. So if everything goes well and no more breakdowns I'll be there. I hope to have it clean and detailed this week too so I can l take those pics I've been wanting to take. I got a lil' bummed with all the issues I was having...but things seem ok now.

Thanks for checking in on me..!

MR2

Tails look great.

I appreciate that feedback..! I bought them used off ebay and they had some parts missing and what not...but we managed to get them installed better than the previous owner had. I personally really like the new look..!

I think the flush center piece is a better look too over the recessed look...

MR2

It was a heater hose. It was another expensive fix(like $100 part-but luckily there was an aftermarket alternative for way less). So now it's replaced and has been holding up for a couple of days now. I'm just super slammed helpin' my pops at the moment with a remodel. So he helped me a bunch...now I'm helping him a bunch. It's a real relief it wasn't anything major...!

There is a Portland MR2 meetup I'm planning on going to this weekend. So if everything goes well and no more breakdowns I'll be there. I hope to have it clean and detailed this week too so I can l take those pics I've been wanting to take. I got a lil' bummed with all the issues I was having...but things seem ok now.

Thanks for checking in on me..!

MR2

Good to hear you got it straightened out. Also great you are returning the favor helping out POPs!

Have fun at the show this weekend, I'll be looking out for the pics!

Sorry for late replies y'all...just got a bit bummed with all the issues...didn't even log in for a few days..!

Buuut...things are getting better...oh and my Nav wasn't working...it's working now outta the blue...still need to figure out why the backup camera is getting stuck on the same image. Then I unplug and replug in the power and it seems to work for awhile. Not sure if it's the camera or the HU causing the issue. Tried to look up Clarion tech...couldn't seem to find any email or tele. A quick google search did not bring up the same issue. I did hook the power off the stock hardness/adapter since I ran a dedicated line to the battery for the HU so it was available and an easy hookup. Maybe that was a bad idea and is causing the image to freeze since it appears to have constant power. The IR glow at night or whenever its in a dark environment. Anyway...it's one of the few lil' bugs I've been working out of the system...I'll probably disconnect it from that lead and hook up to the switched power feed.

Anyways guys...all the great comments and feedback keeps me going...this is my first car I've started from a blown engine. It's added a lot more work to the whole project...but it'll be worth it in the long run I think...?!

MR2

that zed amp looks amazing.

Right on...ya it fits so nicely under the Frunk. It's like the perfect size for this installation..! The ZED Logo lights up the whole frunk at night time which is pretty cool too..! It's like opening up some kind of wonder like in 'Pulp Fiction' with the suitcase...lol..!

Appreciate the comment and you checking out my build..!

MR2