evandostert

I am about ready to order

I have been online for days doing sub research.

my current system is bose factpry with avic head unit. I already have dual optima's and a ho alt. I just want to clean up my sound not rock the block. This truck's going more for speed with nos upgrades and bigger engine.

I am wanting to add a sub.

I want to start with a cheap ebay box. I am going to make sure it's well sealed and seal it with epoxy or liquid nails

http://cgi.ebay.com/CHEVY-SILVERADO-EXT-99-06-CUSTOM-12-INCH-TRUCK-SUB-BOX-/330590849981?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf8c00bbd#ht_1598wt_1392

then install a fi sub

torn over 10 or 12" the 12 looks tight on mounting depth

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154e262b8ca6bcd/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0045_X/product_overview.shopscript

then a hifonics 1000wd amp maybe a little too much????

http://subthump.com/Car-Audio-Products/Amplifers/Hifonics-1000W-Class-D-Monoblock-Amp.html

This was the best possible combo I could find within a reasonable budget using quality stuff.

it's going into this with avic and bose sound

a little about my truck

evanpics732.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Major work

07 front end shaved roof

drop spindles

22" cragar rims

minor bolt on's for now

I am going to be spending the summer updating overhauling this is my project truck now.

Painting the entire mirror assembly, bumper step pads wiper cowl and remove the ant.

led lights or hid in everything dash signals lic plate every one

brakes ssbc ordered and gathering hydroboost parts.

Putting my NOS kit back in with warmer, purge and remote opener.

Stereo new back up camera and adding subs to my avic.

Edited by evandostert

I would start by building your own enclosure over purchasing one from ebay. In all likelihood the build quality will be sub par. I think the cutout on the box you posted was 11" so you would have to buy the 12 for it to work in that box anyway. Depending on your goals the X could be a good choice for your system. They are nice budget subs. The Dcon is another great budget sub. My advice is to measure how much space you have to work with and list some goals. If you've got the room a ported box might be a better option depending on your goals.

I think that amp is a little more than you need but if you're careful you could power an X on an amp like that. Personally, I wouldn't buy a Hifonics amp. For the same money I would find a used amp of higher quality. I think you could find something more reliable for around the same money. It doesn't need to be as powerful.

i dont see anything wrong with that enclosure for a start other than its on the small side

and i would at least go with an audiopipe amp over a hifonics if your trying to save some cash

this one looks like a great deal

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=audiopipe+amp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9239846811962859243&sa=X&ei=jw4oTr_-IIu2tgeewc27Cg&ved=0CD4Q8wIwAQ

my goals are small just to enhance my current set up. I don't really have a budget to stick to but prefer the most bump for the buck. I don't want to add a ton of weight this is a pig as it is.

Edited by evandostert

Since you want to buy a box your best bang for the buck will be a JL Audio Stealthbox. It comes with either a 12w3 or 10w3. I would get the 12w3. It will sound great and fit your goals.

:WELCOME:

Welcome!! :wavey5: Nice looking ride!!!!

:WELCOME: to SSA. That certainly is a nice looking truck, I like it! :fing34:

Welcome and that is a badazz truck. I wanted to get me a truck like that a few years back. Looking forward to the outcome.

Thanks for the complements. I will post my build. I am going for subs first then components in the kick pods. Q Logic I think. My main goal is speed and an overall classy fast truck for daily use. Reliability being the biggest issue for me. I have owned this since 03 and plan on keeping it till it's dead.