Sign in to follow this  
jcarter1885

Glad I bought my SAZ-2000D instead of an AQ2200 like planned, cant wait till you get one in to do a comparison.

i told people a while back that i believe, not facts, that the AQ3500d would be comparable to the Sundown SAZ-3000D.

When the Saz-3500d came out.. i knew it would slaughter the AQ because the Sundown amp makes so much power when the voltage keeps droppin... Because of it's capability to do this, measuring at the same voltage level, the sundown would be far superior to the AQ.

wow that is some crazy over rating on the AQ wow!! i wonder how much the AQ 2200 puts out!

the audioque does do rated power so don't start bashing.

Both of these amps do rated power so do not forget that.

The audioque amp must remain at a higher voltage since it is rated at 14.4v. I'm sure it can do rated power at a lower voltage with lot more distortion but i have always known sundown amps to put out some serious power, rated power or slightly more under 12v.

So for those who have top notch electrical systems.. expect sundown amps to put out crazy power.

wow that is some crazy over rating on the AQ wow!!

3500w rated at 1 ohm, impedance in the test was 2 ohms.

Correct -- both amps are actually exceeding their 2 ohm rated outputs substantially.

Correct -- both amps are actually exceeding their 2 ohm rated outputs substantially.

Yes that is very true, the Audioque is rated to do 1860 watts at 2 ohms at 14.4 that's 540 watts ( 2400 watt ) more than the rated 2 ohm power. Edited by loud by design

wow that is some crazy over rating on the AQ wow!! i wonder how much the AQ 2200 puts out!

No No that's crazy under rating but Sundown.

Thanks for the pictures.

Unless I missed it somewhere (very possible) I'd love to see some test on the 2000D... Just bought one and am planning on 3 more as cash permits... I want to power 4 older 12" XXX Dual 2 Ohm VCs... Each 12, gets its own 2000D... Wanted the 3500s, but you gotta draw the line somewhere... Plus I still want new amps for Mids and Highs...

The price for both amps makes a big deal. Sundown over a 1000$ and the AQ 700$. I dont see why you would pay 400$ more for a few hundred watts. Heck to hear some people say it on this forum you wont notice a few hundred watts by ear. So why spend the money.

Notice, that thats how much it puts out @ 2ohms..

The price for both amps makes a big deal. Sundown over a 1000$ and the AQ 700$. I dont see why you would pay 400$ more for a few hundred watts. Heck to hear some people say it on this forum you wont notice a few hundred watts by ear. So why spend the money.

Efficiency.

Add that to Jacobs outstanding customer service and its a pretty good deal.

That said, I just purchased an AQ3500D from Jacob lol.

I think the comparison has turned out good, both amps perform to manufacturer spec, ratings and then some, and has answered many questions. i remember buying a punch 225a2 10 plus years ago and it had a birthsheet of 800rms what a little beast pushing 2 punch hx2 15's, my point is the amps compared above are indeed are different and performed well, and in any batch of either of the amps one 3500 may do 3500 one the dot and the next could do 3900 etc. having owned and run the aq 3500d i was blown away with it's size to output ratio and its reliability. I have no exp with sundown yet but come october i will, and expect to own another great product. As for AQ I have nothing but great things to say about the product and even better things to say about DJ and his customer service. I look forward to building the same trust in Jacob and his product, as i will be running both.