shizzzon

ShiZZZoN's Build #2 The Epicness of 2011-2024

Lookin good bro !

nice!

Changed my front stage amps to following-

Lanzar Opti500x2 and Lanzar MXA234.

The opti will power 4 8s (1500w amp) and the MXA will power 1 set of tweeters.

I got both of my processors in, just haven't taken pics of them yet.

Here is more progress-

2012-05-01175014.jpg

2012-05-01175025.jpg

2012-05-02181621.jpg

2012-05-02181638.jpg

2012-05-05184933.jpg

2012-05-08184034.jpg

2012-05-08214907.jpg

This piece may make no sense right now.. but it's precisely drilled n tapped in certain places all over that aluminum to anchor the rear of the wall.. EVERYWHERE...

It will be quite a while before you see that pic as that will be the end of the wall but here is the pic-

2012-05-09184934.jpg

2012-05-09184952.jpg

Sean, could you please speed this up... I'm past my second wall already.

I have multiple jobs and i already only get 3-4hrs sleep per night, only get full sleep during weekend so i'm doing the best i can.

Besides that.. like i tell other people.. this isn't a NORMAL build...

It's imperative that everything is precisely cut, tested, tweaked, etc before installing...

Must use the least weight but the most bracing to counter flex issues...

Many things i take pics of takes lots of planning just to get there..

When the entire build is done, i will have only 0.25" of room from floor to top of hatch door before the frame of the car grounds out all my fuse blocks..

That's not safe so i gotta build or do something to prevent that.

The baffle has only 3/16" of vertical play and the baffle has multiple variable heights in it when it's time to put it in so everything has to be cut perfect.

If the baffle fails, so does the mounting of all planned subs.. and the roof is a key piece to getting the baffle to fit properly.. the roof is coming next to build and work on..

I have already went through 1 gal of resinhardener just for bonding.. there is a lot that you do not see.. in person.. the panels are ROCK solid... Even those that are not fully attached on all 4 sides :) There is lots of bracing that was done long ago when this build started several months ago.

I have multiple jobs and i already only get 3-4hrs sleep per night, only get full sleep during weekend so i'm doing the best i can.

Besides that.. like i tell other people.. this isn't a NORMAL build...

It's imperative that everything is precisely cut, tested, tweaked, etc before installing...

Must use the least weight but the most bracing to counter flex issues...

Many things i take pics of takes lots of planning just to get there..

When the entire build is done, i will have only 0.25" of room from floor to top of hatch door before the frame of the car grounds out all my fuse blocks..

That's not safe so i gotta build or do something to prevent that.

The baffle has only 3/16" of vertical play and the baffle has multiple variable heights in it when it's time to put it in so everything has to be cut perfect.

If the baffle fails, so does the mounting of all planned subs.. and the roof is a key piece to getting the baffle to fit properly.. the roof is coming next to build and work on..

I have already went through 1 gal of resinhardener just for bonding.. there is a lot that you do not see.. in person.. the panels are ROCK solid... Even those that are not fully attached on all 4 sides smile.png There is lots of bracing that was done long ago when this build started several months ago.

And the saga continues--until next year.

Hurry up!

I kid, I kid. Wall is coming together nicely, like puzzle work. Should all pay off in the end. :)

For those that have no idea.. I'm LITERALLY trying to get this done by slamology which is mid june...

I forsee at least the bass portion of it working by then... hopefully more than that..

I am being held up by somethings out of my control that i need to finish this build but i am still 5.5 weeks out before the show so i'm not desperate yet.

This better do 170s on music ;)

This better do 170s on music ;)

Yeah at least! Hahaha

Great work so far man! You can really see how much time and work is going into this build. (and I'm sure there is even more that isn't apparent in the pictures) I'm looking forward to the end result for sure. Good luck on finishing it all!

bueno

Time for another vacation so you can work on this bish!

idk if you alread have them but 5500's are sold out...not sure for how long

Edited by Tim Harmening

I received my amps after the preorder. I got the first batch of amps that was sold after the preorder.

I've had all my equipment for a LONG time now.

Just ordered my 270XP DC alt. Hopefully, I get it anodized in Blue.

ETA - ~3 weeks before shipping out. Possibly 4 weeks... Then a week to ship, lol..

So, hopefully it gets here literally the day before the show, hehe.

ETA - ~3 weeks before shipping out. Possibly 4 weeks... Then a week to ship, lol..

I will be amazed if you get it within the scheduled time, good luck, I'm rooting for ya. :)

I will be amazed if you get it within the scheduled time, good luck, I'm rooting for ya. smile.png

I would be amazed if he gets it and it fits and works :)

I will be amazed if you get it within the scheduled time, good luck, I'm rooting for ya. smile.png

I would be amazed if he gets it and it fits and works smile.png

I just noticed they no longer have a facebook page. Perhaps too many negative comments on the wall, or simply couldn't keep up with the daily "where's my order?"

Well, i registered an account with them on their website and they have a progress section so you can keep up with what's going on.

Well, i registered an account with them on their website and they have a progress section so you can keep up with what's going on.

Cool, I hope you get it on time!

Pics?

That Lanzar Optidrive is a beast, ive seen a good amount of people using the 500x2 and 700x2 for their mids lately.

Lets see those guts!