ford302redneck

Question about power, and impedance.

Play 10 Hz. at maximum mechanical limits, then play 40 Hz. at 75% xmax, which do you think is more loud?

Your problem has far too many variables to answer correctly...

I know there is a lot of variables, not really looking for a exact answer either.

More along the lines so I could come up with the conclusion.

I may try what you said, can you explain more though?

Hmm, since its rated not rated for 1 ohm its feeding dirty power, causing the coils to heat, causing impedance to rise dramatically, decreasing power. just a thought dont knock me if im way off.

How do you know its dirty? I cleaned everything before I installed it. And the wire I have is suppose to wash all the dirtiness away just incase I missed some.

Just kidding man. I do hate the word "dirty" power though, but this is because the local idiots use to say it all the time and had no clue WTF it meant. And claimed a highend amp as dirty power, and a cheap POS as good "clean" power.

Hmm, since its rated not rated for 1 ohm its feeding dirty power, causing the coils to heat, causing impedance to rise dramatically, decreasing power. just a thought dont knock me if im way off.

How do you know its dirty? I cleaned everything before I installed it. And the wire I have is suppose to wash all the dirtiness away just incase I missed some.

Just kidding man. I do hate the word "dirty" power though, but this is because the local idiots use to say it all the time and had no clue WTF it meant. And claimed a highend amp as dirty power, and a cheap POS as good "clean" power.

I meant slutty power :D

hmm try taking your dustcap off maybe at 1ohm your just pushing to much air for it to be loud :roflmao: .................only thing that makes sense :fing34:

hmm try taking your dustcap off maybe at 1ohm your just pushing to much air for it to be loud :roflmao: .................only thing that makes sense :fing34:

Damn, why didn't I think of that?

Will try this later and report back. Who needs a dustcap? That can be another port for my box. Heck the cone will act as a flare for the port and help move the air in and out. Great thinking!

Will do Tomorrow. I changed it back to series and now its playing normal.

At one point I thought I lost a coil because I messured the impedance at the amp and got 1.4. Then took the sub out and both read 1.4, so I tried at the amp again and got .8. So I assume I check it to quickly or something.

I'll be sure to try it again tomorrow and video it this time.

I'd guess the amp doesn't like the one ohm load!

I totally forgot all about it. If you really want one, I can do it in the next few days.

I haven't even messed with it after this thread.

Up to you. I was just curious to see what it was doing.

If your bored, go for it, if your busy then forget about it.

Sounds similar to a problem I had before with my old MTX 5500s in a sealed box off of an Alpine MRP-M500. I would play this song: -go to 2:45

Let's say my max volume was 25... at volume 18, the sub would move an okay amount and played at a decent volume. If I put the volume around 25, it actually seemed to get a little quieter but it moved a ton more.

To me, it just sounds like a good case of clipping. Clipping we all know increases the coils temperature, and that increases impedance. So say you are wired to 2.8, you may see 4 ohms final for whatever frequency. If you are wired to .7, you might see 12 ohms final if you are clipping. I know first hand the problem you are having, but I'm just taking a guess at why because I always wondered myself.

And why are you wired to .7 when the amp is only rated at being 2 ohms stable?

Edited by AllenH427