Haakon

10-12 ft^ for a single BTL N2 18?

Just wondering, because after measuring the space available in my small hatchback with the rear seats out, this is whats available to fit a box in. Was planning to make a box of about 8ft^ net after port and driver displacement, but just asking :)

Have anyone tried something similar? This is for daily music playing, low(ish) power - about 2kw in a nowall setup in a very small hatchback. BTL N2 18" fully loaded is ordered and paid for, just sitting here and waiting for it to arrive. Been a month now :)

:eek5wavey:

8 ft^3 should be fine, should be efficient so you wont need as much power as a smaller box. You will be fine, just watch for stress, like always.

I'd stick with 8 as well, that way you're in Fi's recommended size!

Went for 8 cubic feet, halfway finished with the box now:

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1558.jpg

Fedex tracking says sub is gonna arrive on tuesday by 6pm, so I have a couple of days to finish the box. Dual 6" aeroports (not cut down to size yet on picture!), should 5-6" clearance to wall be enough? Will end at 32hz tuning then, anything lower(longer ports) may be to close to back wall.. Right..?

Edited by Haakon

Make sure you cut the ports down and leave at least 4" from the back wall.

Yes, will do! :) If they are about 6" shorter than now, the tuning will be to 32hz, and close to 8" clearance to the wall. Will also add a dual top plate, that will raise the ports (and add clearance) by another inch or so.

that box looks great ! are you putting plexiglass on the open side?

Thanks :) Yes, will put a plexiglass front on it, curved for added strength. Should maybe cut a little sharper radius than I already have, we'll see :) And getting the Fi logo engraved in the plexi and edgelit with LED lights, for this effect:

http://youtu.be/OXlx3JBFeVg

Edited by Haakon

Today the Fedex lady came around :) Exactly 2 months after I placed my order/paid my money. Not too bad considering its made to order, and sent to the european distributor first, then sent further on by them.

Looks great!

Got some Mickey Mouse vibes from seeing this arrangement :)

IMG_1568.jpg

Box:

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

Ports still not cut to size and painted, but getting there:

IMG_1572.jpg

Box looks awesome man! Good work!

Thank you :) Got a phone call from the shop that makes the engraved plexi wall yesterday, they decided to engrave with laser instread of cnc router, for a smoother and better finish. Hopefully it'll look great :) I got the Fi artwork in vector files from the european distributor, and I have customized them for the best effect possible when edgelit with LEDs, so fingers crossed for a good result. Because the plexi wall cost me about 7 times as much as the whole rest of the box combined :woot:

Sick looking box man! Will you meter this in the hatch? I am gonna work with around the same size box for ufo style btl on around same power. Lets see how it goes.

IMG_1568.jpg

Looks like Mickey Mouse, probably sounds like the Incredible Hulk though. Good work man, congrats. Now lets see pics of the plexi in place. :woot:

Sick looking box man! Will you meter this in the hatch? I am gonna work with around the same size box for ufo style btl on around same power. Lets see how it goes.

Yes, I will meter it :) I have a brand new Termlab that I got just a few weeks ago, so I can do all my testing at home. Right now I have a really old school sub in the back, a Soundstream SPL160 from 1995. Considering that it's in a tiny sealed box (1,5ft^) and over 15 years old, it's not too bad by 1995 standards:

IMG_1420.jpg

Mind you, I have a stupidly tiny car though, back seats are gone forever, will use about every inch behind the front seats for the system:

IMG_0164.jpg

Got some oldschool class a/b amps to power it all:

IMG_1391.jpg

Looks like Mickey Mouse, probably sounds like the Incredible Hulk though. Good work man, congrats. Now lets see pics of the plexi in place. :woot:

Hopefully the plexi is done by the end of the week, so maybe I'll get it all together in the weekend :)

Almost done now, cut ports down and prettied them up a bit :)

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

But maybe I should start a build log instead, and continue with the progress there :)

Edited by Haakon

Well, let's just post some pictures of the plexi, as it came out magnificent! :D

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

That is bad ass. I like the white and purple best.

Crazy cool, props! Let's get that N2 slammin now!

Is there anyway you can take a close pic of the white Fi logo? I would love to save it as my background. Its cool if you dont though. Thanks

Sure, you even get some of my couch cushion on your wallpaper, hehe :) Here it is in 1920x1080 resolution:

wallpaper.jpg

That is sick love the fi logo's inside the box and the plexi is another step beyond keep up the good work and let's see some huge dbzz