bcst86

saz-1000d stable at .5ohm?

I was just wondering if the saz-1000D would be stable at .5 ohms. dont really wanna try it without asking first. thanks guys

might work, but stable.... mmmmmm I'd be scared...lol :peepwall:

With the electrical to back it up yes it does, but why .5ohms?

If you have the electrical that can handle it being at .5 ohms than yeah it would. Not recommended though. REALLY not recommended

i bought a used SSD over on SMD and the guy said it was a D2 and it clearly says D1 on the coil. So i was just curious. im just gonna wire it to 2 ohms and try it out for a while

i bought a used SSD over on SMD and the guy said it was a D2 and it clearly says D1 on the coil. So i was just curious. im just gonna wire it to 2 ohms and try it out for a while

Yeah man unless you got some superb electrical you shouldnt wire that below 1 ohm it's even kinda risky at 1 ohm. It could eff yo shiz up. Lol

Yeah man unless you got some superb electrical you shouldnt wire that below 1 ohm it's even kinda risky at 1 ohm. It could eff yo shiz up. Lol

:WTFBubble:

It isnt risky to run that amp at 1 ohm, that is what its stable at.

i had it at 1ohm all day when i had it hooked to my Icon and never saw any problems?

......personally I fried it at 1ohm. I must've been doing something wrong lol

......personally I fried it at 1ohm. I must've been doing something wrong lol

Yes you did, all user error.

Yeahhh I think it was my electrical at the time

Impedance will peak much higher than your DCR, try it, just be careful.

It's pointless, I had two SAZ-1000's at .5 each, popped fuses every time I turned it up due to the much higher current draw and the fuses inability to keep the supply.

And if you don't know what your talking about, please do not reply with your stupidity.

This is probably the most ignorant statement I have read today, how dare you accuse the amp of not being able to support 1ohm because you were not smart enough to figure out how to run the amp at 1ohm.

Lol I know :( I am pretty ignorant. But I try my best lol

Lol I know :( I am pretty ignorant. But I try my best lol

we all have are moments, lol. its all good homie

Yeah. I guess a better way of saying it is "I had problems with the SAZ 1000 at 1 ohm because of my stock electrical." but some people just like to speak their mind

Yeah. I guess a better way of saying it is "I had problems with the SAZ 1000 at 1 ohm because of my stock electrical." but some people just like to speak their mind

Most oem alternators supply enough amperage to run the cars electrical needs and slightly more. "Slightly more" not being 70amperes+

Voltage drops like crazy, amplifier heats up real quick, hot to the touch, just imagine the inside...and poof!

Most oem alternators supply enough amperage to run the cars electrical needs and slightly more. "Slightly more" not being 70amperes+

Voltage drops like crazy, amplifier heats up real quick, hot to the touch, just imagine the inside...and poof!

Yeah my rangers stock alt was 45amps. I didn't think it would really be a problem if I didn't turn the volume uppp and with my XS 3100 but evidently it wasn't a good idea.

as stated if you have the electrical , .5 isnt a problem... i ran my AQ amps @ .5 daily once my new sundown saz2000 gets here it will be ran @ .5 daily as well.. i know of serveral pppl running sundowns @ .35 daily.... goin from 1ohm down to .05ohm adds a considerable amount of draw on all your compponents.

If your not sure on your coils, measure the DCR with a DMM and that will tell you what ohm voice coils you have. Running the SAZ-1000D as Drew stated is risky with the current draw being more than the fuse rating on the amplifier. Actually if you can find another 1000D I would strap a pair to your Sub.