Dangrebel

From 1 18 to 2 18's

What's the budget look like? What does your electrical system consist of? Are you interested in strapping a pair of amps at .5 each to achieve the 1 ohm nominal load for comps?

Why is that? I've asked multiple people and no one has gave me a good answer

Not what they were designed for. You wouldn't put off road tires on a Ferrari would you?

If you want to stay tuned that low and compete, my suggestion would be to build for USACI Street Q Class ...

Sort of a SPL / Sound Quality crossover ... To compete in Street Q, you must compete in a active SPL class too ...

Yay, more useless classes. Obviously there goal is to have everyone that shows up to compete take home a trophy. Can't believe how ridiculous competitions have become.

Um I would go with the sax. Assuming you have good electrical to back that power up. Deadening and seal that truck up its gonna get loud lol.

They are designed to be tuned ~40 Hz.

Not what they were designed for. You wouldn't put off road tires on a Ferrari would you?

You'd be suprised as to what vehicles gets a set of BuckShots down here in the south ... :drink40:

If you want to stay tuned that low and compete, my suggestion would be to build for USACI Street Q Class ...

Sort of a SPL / Sound Quality crossover ... To compete in Street Q, you must compete in a active SPL class too ...

Yay, more useless classes. Obviously there goal is to have everyone that shows up to compete take home a trophy. Can't believe how ridiculous competitions have become.

Subjective are we ... like I said, its a crossover class to get SPL competitors back into Sound Quality ...

You don't compete ... so why do you care ???

I'm doing the same thing with my extended cab! May I ask how you plan to secure your box? I'm thinking of making a frame out of 2x4s, bolting those to the body, and securing my box to that frame.

Thats how I've seen it done ... :drink40: Or fiberlgassing the curves. This might make the calculations more complex, but I've seen it done ... Sorry, I have no pics of any ...

Well guyz, I was thinking of a 270xp for electrical if I stepped up amps, and will the hdc still have the bottom end I crave if tuned to 37hz?

Not likely, at least not in a regular vented enclosure.

Subs forward, port up. Subs up, port up.

May want to consider tuning higher if you want to get serious about competing.

x2 aq's arent a good choice for daily they like power and high tuning. and for competing i would recommend tuning higher. not going to get too loud that low

This is completely ridiculous, DD and AQ are both very good daily woofers. And you defiantly don't have to tune high to be competitive. As long as the enclosure is correct.

and will the hdc still have the bottom end I crave if tuned to 37hz?

find bromo for a box design ... Eclectic Enclosure Designs

Im sure he will be able to give you the best answer ...

just a suggestion ...

Well I talked to dj before I got the sub, he said 37-40hz but I chose to go to 30hz anywayz and turned out fine for me? Would tuning higher 30's be a noticeable spl increase

Well I talked to dj before I got the sub, he said 37-40hz but I chose to go to 30hz anywayz and turned out fine for me? Would tuning higher 30's be a noticeable spl increase

Yes higher frequencies the louder. But not too high. Have to find your cabins peak.

x2 aq's arent a good choice for daily they like power and high tuning. and for competing i would recommend tuning higher. not going to get too loud that low

This is completely ridiculous, DD and AQ are both very good daily woofers. And you defiantly don't have to tune high to be competitive. As long as the enclosure is correct.

We talking about Aq. Yes DD are excellent daily drivers. But DD came out with a low end line Aq for a reason. They are meant for spl meaning stiffer spiders meaning higher fs meaning not going to get the lows as clean. DD has great sq and that's why they are expensive and costs more to tool compared to Aq.

Aight well then I think I might meet in the middle with 35 hz. Hopefully I might could do a hairtrick or to!

We talking about Aq. Yes DD are excellent daily drivers. But DD came out with a low end line Aq for a reason. They are meant for spl meaning stiffer spiders meaning higher fs meaning not going to get the lows as clean. DD has great sq and that's why they are expensive and costs more to tool compared to Aq.

This is false. Please do your own research and take these sort of posts with a grain of salt so you are not swayed by some random post like this.

AQ is its own company. DD sounding good is an opinion, high Fs. does not dictate response.