coobies5

Persuade me

Been a while since I've posted on here, but I still have my Fi Btl 18" on a sundown saz3000d. However, I'm wanting to try something new and perhaps smaller. I'm in a toss up between ssa xcon, icon, or fi ssd.

I'm wanting to do 2 12" subs, same amp, i listen to all types of music. I'm just wanting to get more acoustical sound in the sub stage, and go with a smaller box and hopefully have some nice sounding lows with as much output as the 18", if that makes any sense. I'm also open to any other sub suggestions. Thanks in advance!

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YONG MAN!!!!!!!!

i have seen you lurking for days.. i tried to PM you with no responce...

steve has 2 SA V1 10's for sale.. one needs to be reconed... WAY worth it.. and out put like a boss!!!

good to see you back

Easy......Xcon's

that's what i really want, but nobody seems to be selling any used =[

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN YONG MAN!!!!!!!!

i have seen you lurking for days.. i tried to PM you with no responce...

steve has 2 SA V1 10's for sale.. one needs to be reconed... WAY worth it.. and out put like a boss!!!

good to see you back

hahahaha, been working a lot and just finished up college. i tried to pm you back, guess it didn't go through or something. i heard the sa's before and they weren't my cup of tea, they were damn loud, but just wasn't very acoustical for me.

night shade V1's with ZV3 spiders, 10's lots off nalgas no SA... are you saying you want a more SQ type sub. that can get down when needed.?

night shade V1's with ZV3 spiders, 10's lots off nalgas no SA... are you saying you want a more SQ type sub. that can get down when needed.?

sorta, i really liked the way the xcon sounded when i heard one. like i said, i'm still going to use the saz3000d to power whatever i get.

very nice.. the Icons sound great too.... i have a single 15 inch ican on a JL 500/1 (WAY under powered) and it WANGS in 2 door honda accord. it also retains SQ, even more so i would belive in a sealed encloser.. if fact i plan to build a sealed for her soon.

What about an aa havoc, or an ia flatyne? Ia is having their blakc and blue sale soon

Edited by trod2902

I vote for 2 12" Havocs or Xcon's... good luck finding them used lol.

XCON would be first choice but since IA is coming up with their sale soon then go for 2 Flatlynes maybe???

What's wrong with your current setup? "Acoustical sound" doesn't mean much.

What size is your enclosure, tuning, port area?

Btls are known for spl, not sq, but they do still sound pretty good in my opinion.

Now if you just want to try something new, regardless of how your setup currently stands, then that's cool too, just didn't want to skip possibly improving what you already have.

Turn your gain down. It is alot easier to get better sound out of a larger subwoofer than a smaller one. If your trying to save space that is a different issue.

i say xcons also.

If you didnt want my nightshades

Turn your gain down. It is alot easier to get better sound out of a larger subwoofer than a smaller one. If your trying to save space that is a different issue.

Larger cone, displacing more air, less movement = less distortion.

Where as smaller cone would have to move more on order to displace the same amount, more movement = more distortion.

At least how I've understood it in basic terms.

XCON would be first choice but since IA is coming up with their sale soon then go for 2 Flatlynes maybe???

Two very different sub woofers, but both are great sounding subs.

Btls are known for spl, not sq, but they do still sound pretty good in my opinion.

Now if you just want to try something new, regardless of how your setup currently stands, then that's cool too, just didn't want to skip possibly improving what you already have.

I second this. You might be able to make what you currently have suit your new goals. Unless you really want to get some space back.

I'm going to be putting my Xcon 18 up for sale if you decide to stick with an 18.

I'm going to be putting my Xcon 18 up for sale if you decide to stick with an 18.

What's replacing it?

What's replacing it?

The 15" Z that I got from Ohjay. Too much work getting that beast into my sedan. I'm still toying with the idea of making it work though. :peepwall:

Edited by ricksi30

What's replacing it?

The 15" Z that I got from Ohjay. Too much work getting that beast into my sedan. I'm still toying with the idea of making it work though. :peepwall:

Ah fun times, Ill have to hear whatever you end up doing.

Definitely man, if I could keep something in the trunk for more than a day I could actually give you a demo haha. :suicide-santa: What I think of the Z will probably help me decide.

Edited by ricksi30

What about an aa havoc, or an ia flatyne? Ia is having their blakc and blue sale soon

i haven't heard any ia subs besides the death penalty's and it was 2 15" pounding out 150's on 7000w or something.

nothing really wrong with my setup now besides tuning is high. 7 cubes @ 37hz it sounds good and all, but i just want to try something different.

I second this. You might be able to make what you currently have suit your new goals. Unless you really want to get some space back.

just trying to get some space back and try something different.

sorry guy, if only it were 2 12" xcon's hahahaha, thanks though for the offer!