hardrock2401

Back at it again build

Well guys, I used to be on this forum day and night last year and for some reason went stupid and sold everything I had audio wise (cept my ufo btl, its not leavn). But I have convinced myself and a little nudges from buddies that I am back in the game. This will be going into a 1997 Grand Am GTs trunk....I also just aquired a 2 door blazer which if I dont sell will be getting a real build.

This is my first build log on here, usually just creep round readin.

Gonna consist of a single 12 on a 1500-2k amp, not telling what im getting as you guys will see when I get them :drink40:

Will also be showing pictures of my amp rack and all my little details I always like to add. So hope you guys enjoy.....

This is my box right now in the middle of building, waiting for Brett_the_Vandel on here to cut my baffles...as I hate cutting wood and Im just plain lazy. The box does have a ton of port area, and am hoping this will be quite the improvement over my last box I made.

IMAG0083.jpg

No the port is not attatched right now lol

IMAG0084.jpg

:woot: hmm, one 12 on 1.5-2k what could it be...

Thanks, and no guys it will not the BTL that I mentioned I still have.

Small update, got around to painting most of my port pieces today (ran out out)

IMAG0087.jpg

The port is now glue, screwed, and sealed on....should be getting my baffles tommorow and hopefully gonna be able to get the box done (pending on how late work keeps me)

IMAG0088.jpg

Got my front baffles now, just have been too lazy to finsih the box

Here is the first part of my system....I may wind up with a little more power then originally planned :peepwall:

NSB100...ya buddy

IMAG0089.jpg

Enclosure is coming along nicely, and that's quite the battery. :D

Got the box nearly built, all thats left is to glue the top on. I am not leaving it bare mdf, i will be painting it glass black with green metallic in it. For those that may be wondering it is 2.4 cu @ 33hz with 47sq in of port.

And best of all....IT FITS!!!!!!

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

looks great man!!! :fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

thanks to the few guys that have commented on this lol, the box is all built and now in the sanding stage....I will be ordering my sub on Friday which will still be a suprise so stay tuned in for it.

Amp ideas are still being thrown up in the air, it will be 2000-2500rms for sure tho.

nice job! :drink40:

Thanks chicagofan

well I just picked up the 3rd part of my system last night, db drive a7 okur 2k....

so as of now I have my box done (still has to get painted), NSB100, and now this. I have ordered a sub and will post up some pics soon as its dropped off.

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

Still Pissed that that amp made my coil rockin sub louder than it ever has been. Without any sort of distortion. Pissed me off. arseho. lol. Beast of an amp. :wub:

Nice build so far :) tuned in. :fing34:

thanks again for the posts, today i put on my first coat of paint....after hours of sanding the thing

IMAG0111.jpg

Sorry for the redic late update, but everything is now in and here are pics....I love the XL

and of course reppn for my team

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0164.jpg

nice !:fing34:

why did not you used the btl ?

How does the DC sub sound in that (good) box ?

:popcorn:

nice !:fing34:

why did not you used the btl ?

How does the DC sub sound in that (good) box ?

:popcorn:

Im not using enough power to make the BTL worth it in my eyes, The DC sounds great

My last setup was the BTL on a saz1500v1 with big 3 in a 2.1cu box with around 33sq in of port, this being the XL in the 2.4 with 47sq in of port, m2a, nsb100 is QUITE the improvement over the BTL setup....Im sure its the box not the sub but I really happy with the outcome

not much of an update, but its been a while....got :morepower1:

traded a buddy my M2a for his saz2500, my elec system is still goin strong with just the nsb100 in the back....love that thing