Ok so I am really good at buying stuff and then finding out it isn't as great as I expected.. and then have to sell and re-buy something better... SO Please help me get the right amp the first time! :thanx:

The SA-10s are rated at 600rms each, Im sticking 4 in my hatchback and want to get a good amp to meet them. They are d2 and will wire down to 1ohm! I have seen people stick a SAZ-2000 or AQ 2200 on 2 SA-10s... But I want to know if they can seriously handle that much? I mean 600x4=2,400w but if they can HONESTLY handle more I will try to find a way to get a more powerful amp.. YOU guys have used these and know what they throw down, I have never used any sundown sub before and I hear they are tanks! :ughdunno:

Do I just need a AQ2200 or like saz 2500... OR are these honestly like AQ/SAZ-3500 kinda subs? I am not stuck on any name brands as long as you list ones that put out TRUE RATED POWER.. I know I can find AQ 2200's used in my price range and things similar but if these subs handle 3k-4k if built and tuned correctly I can save up and get the perfect amp. Id really rather pay for the best thing the first time.

Im looking to buy a used amp most likely as my budget is probably maxed out at around $400.. would like to stick are $300 if possible! so $3-450ish please. Thanks as always for answering ever dumb question I have. -Jordan :morepower1:

Your two choices are perfect. Aq2200 and sundown2500. The only way to go bigger is if you are chasing numbers. I don't understand all these people running over 1000wrms to one sa sub either.

from what I have read yes they can handle that much power each and in some special cases a bit more to! lol! provided the setup and electrical background is enough!

have you read into this thread?

and if I were you I would get a SAZ 2500!! :) I have 2 and they are awesome! check out db-r for some great prices!

db-r referb section:

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=65_67_69

an SAZ2000 referb

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67_69_98&products_id=231

not a bad deal on that one! that is if you are into the referb thing! he does offer a 1year warranty and he is a nice guy to buy from with tons of people to speak for him including me!

I'll def. check that out! I wasnt sure if I could afford a saz-2500 or not but I know they are awesome im sure. I loved my sax-1200d! I would love to get the saz-2500 if i can afford it. But if not I want to get the AQ 2200 most likely. Ill read through those on my break @ work in a lil while

Check out the Incriminator Audio 20.1 on the Black N' Blue sale.

Do the SAZ-2500 put out more than rated? I know the 1500 can put out between 1600-1800 with the right alt/batts

Yes all Sundown amplifiers do more than rated! How much? Hard to say as to many variables come into play!

Oh yeah I'll have to check the prices on IA!

those subs are rated at 600rms for a reason, just cause there are youtube videos and people throwing more power at the subs doesnt mean you have to. Since your asking about headroom, i assume you wouldnt understand how to use the extra power and I would suggest you stay within range. The way you listen to your music, goals, box among other things will determine how much power those subs take. What you dont see from those videos is how long they play there systems or can play there systems to subs get hot or need to be reconed. I would rather have the ability to beat on my subs as long as I want without damaging them in the long run then having to buy recones once or twice a year.

I understand for the most part, I have just never seen sundowns line in person and dont know how they react. I mostly meant if they are WAY underrated and are meant to play 7-800. I prefer buying an amp that has more power in case I ever upgrade but was wondering if these subs could handle more because then I would look more at AQ 3500 and Sundown 3000/3500 amps. If not then I would stick with 2-2.5k

I understand for the most part, I have just never seen sundowns line in person and dont know how they react. I mostly meant if they are WAY underrated and are meant to play 7-800. I prefer buying an amp that has more power in case I ever upgrade but was wondering if these subs could handle more because then I would look more at AQ 3500 and Sundown 3000/3500 amps. If not then I would stick with 2-2.5k

I just explained that to you, rms power is more dependent on box and other factors. If you want to get a bigger amplifier then your gonna have to learn your limits to see when and how hard you can push your system. Its not about them being underrated, subs can blow with less then rms and subs can last forever with more than rms power. If you do get a bigger amp then you will have to adjust the gain accordingly and watch how you control the volume knob. It can be ran off a 3500 watt amp but you gotta just watch how you play your system, headroom is a good thing if you know how to use it.

Yes, I know that, and I was just restating why I had originially asked it

Also I like to buy amps with a little more power so that I dont abuse the amp too hard. I dont like running them at their limit for long periods of time. Im not sure I can really afford to have much headroom this time though.

Sorry if I sounded completely unknowledgable. I think I basically mis-worded my question haha.

Edited by Jd377

Crescendo audio bc2000 is a good choice also i think its 330 or 339 shipped not shure but its around the 300-340 price range hell of a amp does rated power.

Crescendo audio bc2000 is a good choice also i think its 330 or 339 shipped not shure but its around the 300-340 price range hell of a amp does rated power.

Ok sweet! I'll check into that as well!

or the bc3500 cost 600shipped. research it might like what you find about it

I agree, crescendos are great amps and aren't too pricey brand new.

600 is a sorta outta what I want to spend. The bc2000 would be great for my budget, Im def. researching that 1. 330 new is great. It would be amazing if I found one used for under $300.. Im reading a lot about them and people who have owned them.

It does at least 2k @1ohm correct?