Angelboy863

Would you buy this amp for?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34494_Boss-CE2200M.html

I've heard many stories of Boss Audio not putting out the specs they say, but i have a nice build coming up in my uncles ride,

my friend had a 1800watt boss 2 channel amp and it sounded pretty good, probably wasnt the watts the specs said though.

but anyways, my plan

4 12s. sealed enclosure, subs facing up.

they are 200rms each 400 peak. the amp puts out 750rms at 4 ohms.

i know it most likely wont, but whats your estimate on the wattage it can put out at 4 ohms?

money is tight and im not lookin to spend a whole lot on this, this is a fun cheap project, (the real project will be in my van)

this build should still pound... just can someone please tell me if this amp is worth buying, and if there really is a difference in "sound" between true 750rms and not. and if not, recommend me a amp thats close to 800rms at 4 ohms thats around $100.

thank you so much everyone i appreciate all of your help and honestly.

nice little build coming soon :) ANDDD big build too, but new thread for that lol.

for the price, get the Audiopipe 1000w mini amp for ~$100. it's called somethin like ASM1300 or somethin like that.

Better than what you are looking at.

I dont care where you look but you will not find an amp that can do 800 watts at 4 ohms for $100.

i love this..

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan.

Max Power Rating:

2 ohms: 2200 watts x 1 chan.

lol. thanks shizzzon. ill check it out,

yeah, i figured..

im not even sure if the subs can actually handle 200rms each.

they're radioshack optimus power series that i got for $40 for all of them lol.

i love this..

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 750 watts x 1 chan.

Max Power Rating:

2 ohms: 2200 watts x 1 chan.

Legit! XD

yeah, i figured..

depending on the year and the model they could be simi decent.

yeah, i figured..

Not with him installing them and setting them up they wont be.

yeah, i figured..

im not sure, bought em at a pawn shop, the manual says 1998 on it lol i assume it was '98

they're brand new too. single voice coil 4 ohm.

only options wiring are 1ohm or 4ohms. .

id rather do 4ohms on a stock electrical.

not really asking for true 800rms power just something that would power these nicely, maybe 600rms true power or 800"rms" power.

yeah, i figured..

gee thanks for your support lol

yeah, i figured..

Your welcome

800 watts at 4 ohms wont really create any more stress on the alternator than 800 watts at 1 ohm. Try learning more about car audio and the equipment instead of just making purchases, but your money is yours and you can blow it how you want to.

800 watts at 4 ohms wont really create any more stress on the alternator than 800 watts at 1 ohm. Try learning more about car audio and the equipment instead of just making purchases, but your money is yours and you can blow it how you want to.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. lighten up a little

Im not heavy so no point to lighten up, just passing along some valid info. You continue to make horrible threads that really dont contribute to this forum, instead of searching around for the same information that is readily available to your fingertips.

yeah, i figured..

Your welcome

Wow that seemed pretty rude.. Haha.. Thought this was a friendly helpful environment. :P

In general, people need to just have some patients and common sense. Save a few extra dollars, get past the wattage pissing test, and buy a quality amplifier that you know does the power, will last you a long time, and if you ever need to sell it there will be some value. The market is flooded with cheap junk amplifiers that are made for high turn over and people that don't know how to set gains or have the proper current supply. It is almost always (for a daily install) much better to buy something of quality that is used and in good shape, say a Zapco Ref 1000.1 for example, then spend the same money on the boner of the month cheap crap amp that is "rated" for more power that costs the same new.

People like Brad, Sean, Adrian, Mike, etc. etc. have been trying to get people to understand that more power is the least efficient way to get louder.

Wow that seemed pretty rude.. Haha.. Thought this was a friendly helpful environment. :P

It is but you gotta want to help your self first, people act like they cant research or use some common sense and come here for us to walk them hand in hand. There is more to learn than will this work or can I get this to do this, I mean come on really.

In general, people need to just have some patients and common sense. Save a few extra dollars, get past the wattage pissing test, and buy a quality amplifier that you know does the power, will last you a long time, and if you ever need to sell it there will be some value. The market is flooded with cheap junk amplifiers that are made for high turn over and people that don't know how to set gains or have the proper current supply. It is almost always (for a daily install) much better to buy something of quality that is used and in good shape, say a Zapco Ref 1000.1 for example, then spend the same money on the boner of the month cheap crap amp that is "rated" for more power that costs the same new.

People like Brad, Sean, Adrian, Mike, etc. etc. have been trying to get people to understand that more power is the least efficient way to get louder.

x2 I agree with every word here

sorry guys. thanks aaron for that advice. thank you jay cee for your comments. still researching for good quality amps. how is autotek by maxxsonics? looks legit i think this one is the winner. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32722_Autotek-M1600.2.html

and if not, i can start over .

sorry guys. thanks aaron for that advice. thank you jay cee for your comments. still researching for good quality amps. how is autotek by maxxsonics? looks legit i think this one is the winner. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32722_Autotek-M1600.2.html

:( Crescendo bc 2000rms!!! its puts out legit power for only 300shipped real good quality amp!

stop looking at crap amps.

:( Crescendo bc 2000rms!!! its puts out legit power for only 300shipped real good quality amp!

stop looking at crap amps.

i only need about 800rms lol.

Why not buy the Incriminator 5.1 for sub use? For the price $199 during the Black and Blue sale it's a no brainer. Don't look at the wattage ratings either as it won't make a difference in your build. You will be getting a great small footprint monoblock with variable ssf filter. Along with the quality that Incriminator is known for.

I think audiopipe amps are the best for the money, especially if you are on a tight budget. Can easily resell too on one of the forums