Sir-Lancelot

Anyone familiar with Axiom for HT

Looking to upgrade my living room experience and came across these.

From the reviews I have read, they appear to be pretty nice.

The biggest reason I am looking at these is the low profile wall mount would be pleasing aesthetically and space is very important to the wife, but I do not want that to be the only factor. The wife has asked me to go smaller for once in my life and I WILL NOT win that battle unfortunately as this is our family room. Bookshelf speakers on stands is not an option with the kids.

I am looking at using these for a 5.1 as that is all the room layout will allow.

Front left and right

http://axiomaudio.com/m22-onwall-speakers.html

$488.00 USD/pair

M22OWCherryGrilleOff2.jpg

Center

http://axiomaudio.com/vp150-onwall-center-channel.html#

$420.00 USD

VP150OWCherryGrilleOff2.jpg

Rear

http://axiomaudio.com/m2-onwall-speakers.html#

$316.00 USD/pair

M2OWCherryGrilleOff2.jpg

So I am looking at a little over $1200 for the set which is not great, but not bad either if they are as nice as the reviews make them out to be.

I am looking for a nice HT set up first, but I would like this to play great on music also as this will be replacing my current system.

My system now is old school and needs an update. I want to go smaller but I do not want to give up sound quality. I do not play music in my home like I do in my car. Yes i still like it loud sometimes, but I prefer it more laid back inside. I like to chill the fuck out in my home and enjoy the experience.

Totally different genre in the house vs the Yukon. LOL

My current system consists of Infinity Reference floor speakers. Yes they are damn old, but I love em and hate to see them go. My receiver is old school Denon and I will most likely stay with Denon and get a newer model with HDMI plugs. I am still researching all that. Looks like the past 10 years have passed me by with all the new features offered in home theater. lol My sub will stay, it's a 12" powered Infinity with like 450w I believe. I may upgrade that later, but not right now.

I had thought about building a set myself because I think that would be a fun project, but the slim cabinet and eye appeal of these has me wondering if i should just bite the bullet and buy the Axiom since they would look so nice on the walls. I was also considering an in wall set up, but the wife has been eyeballing a new house so I really dont want to put the time and resources into that project only to pack up and move come next year.

So .............

any thoughts on the Axiom?

Any other ideas or wall mounts I could look at?

Any links to some nice forums I could visit to help my search?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Lance

They do look pretty, have you though about putting your own set together?

They do look pretty, have you though about putting your own set together?

Sure have Bro, but mine wont look that nice I am damn sure of it. LOL

Not at all familiar with Axiom but these sure look like a winner.

martin_logan_slim_efx_speakers_ysxge.jpg

What are those?

They look a little tall for just a full range driver. I am guessing that screen is to extend response?

what about in wall, and or ceiling speakers. parts express has a nice little selection.. they all have grills that can be painted to match your walls.

What are those?

They look a little tall for just a full range driver. I am guessing that screen is to extend response?

They look like a Martin Logan line.

Have you looked at Pardigm?

Here you go http://www.martinlogan.com/efx/index.php

^^correct....

You should look into KEF... They are amazing, I bought them and sold them for what I paid when times were rough..

I also enjoy Canton ...

check out this site: http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/brand/KEF/results/1.html?&r=4e7d1948

Yeah I have been looking at Pardigm too.

Thanks for the link. Those look interesting, but not sure how the wife would feel about the looks. lol

Just showed the Axiom to the wife..........

Wife: "dont you get get those little BOSE cubes from Best Buy?"

Um...........NO!

Wife: "Why, they are so cute"

Suck it.

Wife: "Um...........NO!"

LOL

Also go to www.avsforum.com ... They have some of the most specific threads available to HT and pretty much anything else technology driven.. :peepwall:

Not at all familiar with Axiom but these sure look like a winner.

martin_logan_slim_efx_speakers_ysxge.jpg

At 3000 for a set they are in a different price bracket! Those screens ARE the tweeters.

Yeah I have been looking at Pardigm too.

Thanks for the link. Those look interesting, but not sure how the wife would feel about the looks. lol

Just showed the Axiom to the wife..........

Wife: "dont you get get those little BOSE cubes from Best Buy?"

Um...........NO!

Wife: "Why, they are so cute"

Suck it.

Wife: "Um...........NO!"

LOL

Maybe a good time to check out www.homeaudioforum.net

I have heard of Axiom, but never heard anything about them. Do not ever ever buy BLOSE!

Also go to www.avsforum.com ... They have some of the most specific threads available to HT and pretty much anything else technology driven.. :peepwall:

Thanks Bro, I will sign up on a few HT forums and look around.

Maybe a good time to check out www.homeaudioforum.net

I have heard of Axiom, but never heard anything about them. Do not ever ever buy BLOSE!

Yup Yup. My pops bought a set of BOSE and I thought they were the suck personally.

Dad is happy tho, so I guess that's all that matters.

At 3000 for a set they are in a different price bracket! Those screens ARE the tweeters.

$3k is not happening. Not for this project.

:fing34:

It's an interesting design. I would like to hear a set.

what about in wall, and or ceiling speakers. parts express has a nice little selection.. they all have grills that can be painted to match your walls.

Not for this project. Like I said, the wife is looking at a new house and come first of the year I think the possibility of us moving is pretty high. Lots of house for the money to be found these days.

I dont want to put the time and resources into something I will be walking away from soon.

Martin Logans are a sweet sounding set... Have heard many ... usually hooked up to McIntosh separate blocks... But they were amazing looking... Marantz was also a popular set matched with Martin Logans... If you can find a dealer they always have great deals on last year's models... :drink40:

Okay, so apparently reviews are hard to come by on the Axiom.

I really do like the small footprint and styling, but after looking at these I do not believe they are anything special.

Looks like a $17 Dayton DC25T tweeter the more I look at it and some fairly cheap mid. While I do think the wall mounted enclosures are the sexy, I am going to pass on these.

Reviews on HT speakers are crazy. I am getting nowhere with all this. Hell people are raving over some Elemental Design MTM's. One look on the inside and that is pure crap.

That said, I am not more inclined to building myself some MTM's that I can hang on the wall.

Anyone have any experience with this wanna help a brotha out? I have never built a crossover

I did see some designs on partsexpress and Zaph, but I have not fully read them yet.

Shoot me some ideas or links fellas.

I'm running some Hawthorne Audio mids and highs. They are open baffle speakers. The price was right. They sound great and get plenty loud. You can check them out in my home built. :)

Home theater build

Here is a link to Hawthorne Audio site.

I'm running some Hawthorne Audio mids and highs. They are open baffle speakers. The price was right. They sound great and get plenty loud. You can check them out in my home built. :)

Home theater build

Here is a link to Hawthorne Audio site.

Those look nice, but I already have the Infinity floor speakers that I cant use. Unfortunately this build is going to have to be wall mounted. Stands and floor are out. No room. lol

Seriously thinking about building a set of the Zaph ZA5.3c MTM with ZA5.2 for the rear. Not a big investment as cost for the drivers and crossovers is low and They will fit in the area I have to work with and mount on the wall. Anyone here spent any time with this set up? I would think they are nice as Zaph does a great job cutting through the bullshit and telling it like it is, IMO.

Here is a shitty cell phone picture showing what I am working with. You can see I do not have much room to work with.

The sub is not staying there.

20111001115042434.jpg

Have you found anything yet?

Just an FYI, you can't wall mount non-wall mount designs. Completely different baffle step is required. Yeah, yeah, I know "can't" is a contraction for I can try, but that doesn't mean the results will be pleasing.

Those Axiom's also look like junk to me...but I am only going on looks.

Have you found anything yet?

Possibly yes. It' between two designs, mainly because they fit in the space I have to work with.

With a coin flip, I believe I am going to build either the Zaph 5.3 MTM or the AviaTrix MTM front and a MT rear.

I think either would work well and both builders/designers have excellent reputations.

I will post my thoughts.

Just an FYI, you can't wall mount non-wall mount designs. Completely different baffle step is required. Yeah, yeah, I know "can't" is a contraction for I can try, but that doesn't mean the results will be pleasing.

Those Axiom's also look like junk to me...but I am only going on looks.

I just like the cabinet really. Pretty, lol I talked myself out of that pretty quick.

The two I have chose can be wall mounted and mounted close to the TV. So the designer says, I will let you know how that goes.

Apparently they compensate for this with the crossover.

Would like to hear your thoughts tho?

I thought Zaph might have released two different crossovers for his speakers. One for on wall and one for not. Pretty nice of him if he did. :)

I thought Zaph might have released two different crossovers for his speakers. One for on wall and one for not. Pretty nice of him if he did. :)

If I am reading it correctly, the port forward MTM center has baffle step compensation for near monitor on wall. If I go with that one, I would build three of the centers for the front. The sealed AviaTrix also has baffle step compensation for mounting beside the monitor.

Hopefully they will work out. :drink40:

Not a big investment if not. Would make a nice gift for a friend. lol