bnib=brand new in box!

and how will your buddy go about checking this ground? just look at it! just wondering what is your buddies electrical back ground? as if to say how many systems has he installed or does he work for a shop?

he suggested a new head unit just because you have symptoms of a bad ground connection?

I wouldn't assume correct advice from him anymore.

I had the same problem with my Kenwood KDC-X589, never found out what happened i simply just bought a new head unit.

I had the same problem with my Kenwood KDC-X589, never found out what happened i simply just bought a new head unit.

did buying a new unit fix your problem? im contemplating bringing it back to where i bought it and trying to get a different/new one

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, Mine would do it randomly just shut off then come back on a few seconds later.

haha you got owned shizzzon.

How did i get "owned" since you quoted someone else's problem and assumed that's the end all answer to the OP's problem.

Common sense would say to inspect and attempt a fix rather than speculate and sit on your ass looking for a solution that people will spoon-feed it to you so you do not have to do nothing...

I think from your own in-experience, your first post on SSA was owned.. By yourself.

bnib=brand new in box!

and how will your buddy go about checking this ground? just look at it! just wondering what is your buddies electrical back ground? as if to say how many systems has he installed or does he work for a shop?

id like him to pull out the deck and check but he says its fine so we'll see haha. and as far as his background goes he doesnt work for a shop and has installed quite a few systems, plus he pre-owned this system before i bought it. he bought it less than a year ago.

OWNED I tell ya!

First of all, a main rule is never to play your HU on anything over 3/4 max volume. You should only be playing it at about 24 max. That could be the problem, also check and make sure your gain isnt set too high.

This is retarded.

You need to be slapped in the throat.

he suggested a new head unit just because you have symptoms of a bad ground connection?

did buying a new unit fix your problem? im contemplating bringing it back to where i bought it and trying to get a different/new one

Yeah that's what I ended up doing, Mine would do it randomly just shut off then come back on a few seconds later.

How did i get "owned" since you quoted someone else's problem and assumed that's the end all answer to the OP's problem.

Common sense would say to inspect and attempt a fix rather than speculate and sit on your ass looking for a solution that people will spoon-feed it to you so you do not have to do nothing...

I think from your own in-experience, your first post on SSA was owned.. By yourself.

i appreciate the help everyone is giving but id like for there not to be arguing. i havent done any corrections to this problem so technically no one is right or wrong atm so if we could re-focus to possible solutions that would be awesome.

well you know while he is back there poking around you should have him tug on the ACC and power wires hell why not check the fuse on the power wire also! so maybe you guys will find an issue with the install! hell I have installed... what 5 h/u and I still make little mistakes.

the way i see it if you hook up a h/u wrong and you are like the H/u is screwed so you buy another one and re-hook it all up a say more correct way then you say that h/u was a pile of poop but in the long run it was a simple error, like did your buddy solder this h/u in or did he crimp it all in or just twist the wires together with black tape!

sure h/u are easy to put in but there is a number of little things that could go wrong also! so take a peak and report back!

well you know while he is back there poking around you should have him tug on the ACC and power wires hell why not check the fuse on the power wire also! so maybe you guys will find an issue with the install! hell I have installed... what 5 h/u and I still make little mistakes.

the way i see it if you hook up a h/u wrong and you are like the H/u is screwed so you buy another one and re-hook it all up a say more correct way then you say that h/u was a pile of poop but in the long run it was a simple error, like did your buddy solder this h/u in or did he crimp it all in or just twist the wires together with black tape!

sure h/u are easy to put in but there is a number of little things that could go wrong also! so take a peak and report back!

he twisted them and used electrical tape. sorry i tried to mention everything i could think of but i forgot about this detail. also bassahaulic u say he is retarded but dont state why so im kind of curious on why he is..

First of all, a main rule is never to play your HU on anything over 3/4 max volume. You should only be playing it at about 24 max. That could be the problem, also check and make sure your gain isnt set too high.

This is retarded.

You need to be slapped in the throat.

well unless someone o-scoped the h/u's pre-outs who knows where the h/u is potentially clipping at and since he is using the h/u amp to power the door speakers if that amp is clipping out couldn't it make an issue? does that make sense or have I been using a 4 channel amp for to many years? lol no seriously I was told that 3/4 bit a while a go but I always just used my 4 channel amp so I just passed on this idea?

on a side note I did o-scope my h/u and it clips at 47 out of 50! it was pretty cool to use a hand held o-scope

o no the black tape and twist LMAO that was my first h/u install mistake!

my issue was when I was putting my h/u back into the slot (that is what she said) one of the wires wrapped around something kind shorted something out and something something... ya it happens lol!

So much fail on this thread.

OP - play with your settings, if it only happens at high volumes check your settings (high, low, mid). It could be as simple as that.

OP - play with your settings, if it only happens at high volumes check your settings (high, low, mid). It could be as simple as that.

my settings are as followed: treb -4 mid -5 bass +2 bass boost lvl 1 and dont have a low setting. i dont use an eq on ipods. it still shuts off with bass boost off and with bass on 0. i was told this hu could eliminate speaker bass (inside of car i think its called high pass crossover but i dont know for sure) but it turns out my bass is connected to the sub as well and i didnt know that at the time

my settings are as followed: treb -4 mid -5 bass +2 bass boost lvl 1 and dont have a low setting. i dont use an eq on ipods. it still shuts off with bass boost off and with bass on 0. i was told this hu could eliminate speaker bass (inside of car i think its called high pass crossover but i dont know for sure) but it turns out my bass is connected to the sub as well and i didnt know that at the time

Knock down that bass some and turn up the gain accordingly.

with bass boost on or off? i had it off and bass on 0 before with like -5 treb and mid and it was still doing it, and how would i go about turning it up accordingly?

Edited by J_dizzle

poor advice

I had not given any advice, so what advice is there to take? I simply stated I had a similar problem with a similar Head unit, I had taken it out inspected it, re grounded it and made sure my connections were secure and nothing changed so I moved to a different head unit which solved my problem. I had called Kenwood and they said they couldn't do anything for me to help to solve the issue. Kenwood had suggested sending it to an authorized repairer, I declined seeing how I received the head unit for free.

:WTFBubble:

poor advice

Like you've had any piece of advice in this thread?

All you've done is stated your deck doesn't get loud until 23, and "owned"

Go troll elsewhere to get your post count up.

Why would turning down the bass on his head unit and turning up the gain on his amp fix his problem?

Why would turning down the bass on his head unit and turning up the gain on his amp fix his problem?

Because if it turns off only on the "high" bass songs at high volumes it could mean on that "extra" bass it's clipping thus creating heat, and turning itself off... I know Kenwoods have heat problems..

How about you make a post helping the kid rather than trolling me on my reasoning.

Because if it turns off only on the "high" bass songs at high volumes it could mean on that "extra" bass it's clipping thus creating heat, and turning itself off... I know Kenwoods have heat problems..

How about you make a post helping the kid rather than trolling me on my reasoning.

i should note that i usually only listen to rap and most of my music is all lows, and quite bassy. i listen to wayne jeezy gorilla zoe, etc etc. i also have felt my deck get pretty warm so i can see where hes comin from on that but at the same time its done it with bass at 0 and no boost on eq or on the deck and -5 treb and - 5 mid, with no low setting.

haha i never said it was the end all answer, but you said to not take advice from someone who clearly could be right... not saying that they are... but it IS a possibility to his problem. no need to rage man.

i should note that i usually only listen to rap and most of my music is all lows, and quite bassy. i listen to wayne jeezy gorilla zoe, etc etc. i also have felt my deck get pretty warm so i can see where hes comin from on that but at the same time its done it with bass at 0 and no boost on eq or on the deck and -5 treb and - 5 mid, with no low setting.

Try it even lower and get back to us

alright, still leaving the bass on 0 then? should i try turning it up once with the bass boost on and once with it off?

Edited by J_dizzle

I had not given any advice, so what advice is there to take? I simply stated I had a similar problem with a similar Head unit, I had taken it out inspected it, re grounded it and made sure my connections were secure and nothing changed so I moved to a different head unit which solved my problem. I had called Kenwood and they said they couldn't do anything for me to help to solve the issue. Kenwood had suggested sending it to an authorized repairer, I declined seeing how I received the head unit for free.

:WTFBubble:

I wasn't referring you to, i was referring to the installer.

That was taken WAY out of context.