tips for building a wall

so im planning on building a wall in my civic soon just want some tips... how do i calculate the box when theirs curves i have to go around...

also should i have the port on the top or the bottom of the wall ??

also does each sub need its own chamber ?? i have 2 18s so does the wall need a piece in the middle to seperate the subs ?

Edited by 10000wrms

As far as ports go, what do you plan on doing demo's or SPL?

And by curves, do you mean actual curves? Or just angles?

As far as ports go, what do you plan on doing demo's or SPL?

And by curves, do you mean actual curves? Or just angles?

mainly for demo's/hairtricks...its going in my daily driver so i just want something loud and low... plan to tune to 28-30hz...

not my car... but im talking about going around the rear struts...

130_0509_89z+honda_civic_hatchback+cargo_space_view.jpg

Love the car specs man!!! I am sure it takes all the 400 ponies to get those 2 18's around town!! Should be able to move some hair after the wall also!!!

so im planning on building a wall in my civic soon just want some tips... how do i calculate the box when theirs curves i have to go around...

also does each sub need its own chamber ?? i have 2 18s so does the wall need a piece in the middle to seperate the subs ?

Now I see why you are opposed to "bashing" in threads as you are too lazy to bother to make a good one or search yourself.

Geometry hasn't changed for years. Of course curves can mean many things so its pretty hard to respond. Tons of tricks, but some specifics would help.

Try it both ways. Best way to really determine. If you want to know more of why, perhaps explain what you want to achieve, what you have for space, where it goes, etc. etc etc.

As for its own chamber. Pros and cons. Again, don't know which would apply to you, but if I have to make an assumption on what you've given us its that you can't do geometry very well so with what you've given us I'd say put them in the same chamber.

Now I see why you are opposed to "bashing" in threads as you are too lazy to bother to make a good one or search yourself.

Geometry hasn't changed for years. Of course curves can mean many things so its pretty hard to respond. Tons of tricks, but some specifics would help.

Try it both ways. Best way to really determine. If you want to know more of why, perhaps explain what you want to achieve, what you have for space, where it goes, etc. etc etc.

As for its own chamber. Pros and cons. Again, don't know which would apply to you, but if I have to make an assumption on what you've given us its that you can't do geometry very well so with what you've given us I'd say put them in the same chamber.

if your gonna be a douche just dont post on my threads...k...thx... :)

and try it both ways ?? what do you mean by both ways....port on bottom and then try it on top ?? im not gonna build a box... then rebuild it just to find out it sounds the same....

i want to hit atleast 150db.....how do i measure the space i have ?? as you can tell the top of the car is wider than the bottom cause of the struts...

Edited by 10000wrms

lol how am i supposed to make one myself when ive never done it before.... if your gonna be a douche just dont post on my threads...k...thx... :)

and try it both ways ?? what do you mean by both ways....port on bottom and then try it on top ?? im not gonna build a box... then rebuild it just to find out it sounds the same....

i want to hit atleast 150db.....how do i measure the space i have ?? as you can tell the top of the car is wider than the bottom cause of the struts...

I said search yourself.

As for the rest, again you fail to think, follow any sort of forum etiquette, nor tell us anything about your goals. Whoop de do, glad you want to hit 150dB you obviously know exactly what that means, lol. If you don't share details no one can help you. At the same time, if for what you have your goals are lofty then you may need to make more than 2 attempts to achieve it. Pretty sad to give up before you even cut the wood.

I said search yourself.

As for the rest, again you fail to think, follow any sort of forum etiquette, nor tell us anything about your goals. Whoop de do, glad you want to hit 150dB you obviously know exactly what that means, lol. If you don't share details no one can help you. At the same time, if for what you have your goals are lofty then you may need to make more than 2 attempts to achieve it. Pretty sad to give up before you even cut the wood.

funny how immature people can be...

and i need to know what kind of detials you need... you act like i should know everything about car audio... sorry im not a guru like most of the people on here... thats why im asking questions... to learn...

Edited by 10000wrms

lol how am i supposed to make one myself when ive never done it before.... if your gonna be a douche just dont post on my threads...k...thx... :)

LOL.

You want to know which way will work better for your application, yet your not willing to actually test and find out. You want someone else to simply tell you "In your specific car and in that application this way works best." I'm sorry but that's not going to happen. Sure people can guess or assume since it worked in one vehicle that'll work in yours.

M5 is one of the most knowledgeable members on this forum, so it makes me laugh when you tell him to just leave.

Measuring volume, Length * Width * Depth. Assuming measurements are taken in inches, multiply final outcome by 1728 to get cubic feet. Don't forget to account for material thickness of enclosure, space taken up from fender wells, etc.

Love the car specs man!!! I am sure it takes all the 400 ponies to get those 2 18's around town!! Should be able to move some hair after the wall also!!!

lol thanks... actually the car stills moves pretty good after putting the subs in.... i can already do a hairtrick... i just think with a bigger box/bigger ports... it will do a even better hairtrick lol

LOL.

You want to know which way will work better for your application, yet your not willing to actually test and find out. You want someone else to simply tell you "In your specific car and in that application this way works best.", I'm sorry but that's not going to happen. Sure people can guess or assume since it worked in one vehicle that'll work in yours.

M5 is one of the most knowledgeable members on this forum, so it makes me laugh when you tell him to just leave.

Measuring volume, Length * Width * Depth. Assuming measurements are taken in inches, multiply final outcome by 1728 to get cubic feet. Don't forget to account for material thickness of enclosure, space taken up from fender wells, etc.

well honestly its probably gonna sound the same if the port is on the bottom or the top...

and i dont care how knowledgeable he is... i know their is other people on this site that is just as or smarter than him so i really dont need him...

and how do i measure the width when its gonna be different all through out the car ??

Edited by 10000wrms

lol thanks... actually the car stills moves pretty good after putting the subs in.... i can already do a hairtrick... i just think with a bigger box/bigger ports... it will do a even better hairtrick lol

Yea i can imagine even with the extra weight that the car can still fly, bet the brakes were a pain the first time after the subs went in!! I know they were in my car, had an Integra with H22, with 2 12" SI Mags and Hifonics amp, all fiberglassed in hatch area, first time i installed everything and went cruising around, the brakes felt like they went out on me!!!

Well any ways back to original topic!! As for measuring the space, if you are planning on going around all the nooks and crannies, you are going to need to dissect each section into its own portion. Well take alot of time and some pretty good math, but it is one of the best methods(that i am aware of) to measure everything. If you were to just stay inside the struts though you should be able to make a good rectangle area out of that and probably have enough space. But there will be no set in stone solution for your problem, it may require a rebuild or 2 if the first ones dont pan out to exactly what you want. So just be aware of that. My opinion would be the try and keep the box inside the struts and just put a sealing wall at the front baffle to reduce the cabin space and reduce the need for all the extra measuring, but that is just me, and what i would most likely do. Best of luck man, would love to see if once finished!! Keep me updated, please.

Yea i can imagine even with the extra weight that the car can still fly, bet the brakes were a pain the first time after the subs went in!! I know they were in my car, had an Integra with H22, with 2 12" SI Mags and Hifonics amp, all fiberglassed in hatch area, first time i installed everything and went cruising around, the brakes felt like they went out on me!!!

Well any ways back to original topic!! As for measuring the space, if you are planning on going around all the nooks and crannies, you are going to need to dissect each section into its own portion. Well take alot of time and some pretty good math, but it is one of the best methods(that i am aware of) to measure everything. If you were to just stay inside the struts though you should be able to make a good rectangle area out of that and probably have enough space. But there will be no set in stone solution for your problem, it may require a rebuild or 2 if the first ones dont pan out to exactly what you want. So just be aware of that. My opinion would be the try and keep the box inside the struts and just put a sealing wall at the front baffle to reduce the cabin space and reduce the need for all the extra measuring, but that is just me, and what i would most likely do. Best of luck man, would love to see if once finished!! Keep me updated, please.

haha ya the brakes felt the same with me... took me a lil while to get used to... definetly can tell the car has more weight to... takes more gas to get up a hill now... and with having 8:1 compression its soooo slow til the turbo kicks in lol...nice on having a h22 in a intergra... i was thinking about putting a h22 in my hatch... but after all the money and time it would of taken i just decided to rebuild my motor and turbo it... way more hp in the end lol...

and ya that does sound like the best solution to keep it in between the struts... ill measure and see what how much room i have to play with... ill definetly keep you updated thanks for the help :)

i was thinking if i cant build a good wall with 2 18s i wanna switch to 4 12s or 4 15s... but i just love saying i have 18s in my car lol...

haha ya the brakes felt the same with me... took me a lil while to get used to... definetly can tell the car has more weight to... takes more gas to get up a hill now... and with having 8:1 compression its soooo slow til the turbo kicks in lol...nice on having a h22 in a intergra... i was thinking about putting a h22 in my hatch... but after all the money and time it would of taken i just decided to rebuild my motor and turbo it... way more hp in the end lol...

and ya that does sound like the best solution to keep it in between the struts... ill measure and see what how much room i have to play with... ill definetly keep you updated thanks for the help :)

i was thinking if i cant build a good wall with 2 18s i wanna switch to 4 12s or 4 15s... but i just love saying i have 18s in my car lol...

IA makes 21" drivers. Oh shit!

If you need help, I can always help out :drink40:

Really, in your situation it's easier to build most of the wall and then calculate the total volume you have.

IA makes 21" drivers. Oh shit!

lol ya i saw that a while ago... no way i could fit 2 21s though... so im happy with the 18s lol

and i need to know what kind of detials you need... you act like i should know everything about car audio... sorry im not a guru like most of the people on here... thats why im asking questions... to learn...

And rude too, pretty damn disrespectful to not follow the rules you agreed to when you joined the site. And of course, in those rules all of the information needed is defined.

*if you are lazy, turn on sigs, there are links in mine

Really, in your situation it's easier to build most of the wall and then calculate the total volume you have.

haha ya i was gonna ask if you could help but you live kinda far away so i dont know how that would work :(

haha ya i was gonna ask if you could help but you live kinda far away so i dont know how that would work :(

where around KC do you live?

And rude too, pretty damn disrespectful to not follow the rules you agreed to when you joined the site. And of course, in those rules all of the information needed is defined.

lol i bet most of the people that joined this site didnt read the rules... like really grow up LOL

if you needed/wanted info just ask for it... dont have to be a dick about it...

well honestly its probably gonna sound the same if the port is on the bottom or the top...

If you are so sure why did you ask the question. :(

and i dont care how knowledgeable he is... i know their is other people on this site that is just as or smarter than him so i really dont need him...

I don't care how knowledgeable I am either, everyday I still try to learn. You should as well, you might find that it suites you. As for need, you've proved one thing and that is you need a lot.

and how do i measure the width when its gonna be different all through out the car ??

It isn't like Geometry is a new subject, been around for centuries and determining what you have isn't all that difficult. What have you tried besides throwing your arms up in the air and whining for help?

where around KC do you live?

i live in a small town about an hour east of KC... knob noster.

lol i bet most of the people that joined this site didnt read the rules... like really grow up LOL

if you needed/wanted info just ask for it... dont have to be a dick about it...

If you weren't a disrespectful little shit, you'd get a lot more help from everyone. The growing up is your end. Pretty fucking rude to call someone names multiple times and tell them to grow up and expect help. Nice move. That'll get you far in life. Gotta love it when you can even fail on a web forum. Stupid thing is, it hurts you and amuses me. Keep it up :)

It isn't like Geometry is a new subject, been around for centuries and determining what you have isn't all that difficult. What have you tried besides throwing your arms up in the air and whining for help?

im honestly not good with geometry so thats why i asked....duh..