I am in the market for an efficient amp to power 3 12" punch HX2s...Can anyone recommend a good/sturdy efficient amp for within $325? I need at least 1500wRMS.

Thanks!

:dancing:

share with us your back bone.

What makes you ask about efficiency? If you don't have a strong enough electrical system you wont be able to support it, regardless of efficiency.

1500w is still 1500w whether you have a class a/b or a class d amplifier so efficiency is not a main concern unless you plan on having it enclosed and worried about the heat generated.

ok thanks dudes! btw, I'm currently on a stock alternator, but I used to have a 180A. I know I need a better electrical system to support it. I just prefer less power taken from the alternator to make the same output. I was wondering what anyone thinks about an autotek sm1 1500? I understand that it's class AB and not as efficient as some D amps, but I'm thinking of getting one.

Edited by tiktok

hifonics brutus

Crescendo bc2000 perfect and very awesome amp with clip meter!

clip meter = gimmick

maybe a topic for another thread tho. amp seems like a decent suggestion

clip meter = gimmick

What amp? The crescendo?

Anyone use the sundown saz 2000?

Edited by tiktok

clip meter = gimmick

No it's not actually.

1500w is still 1500w whether you have a class a/b or a class d amplifier so efficiency is not a main concern unless you plan on having it enclosed and worried about the heat generated.

No, those are two whole different animals. A/b pulls ALOT more then D, simple as that.

Efficiency of Class-D to Class-A/V yields a difference of about 20%.

Thanks dudes...that's what I'm saying! That's why a class D is what is needed, for less strain!! :trippy:

I seen an AQ2200D on ebay a little bit ago, but no more :ughdunno:

I'll have a .66 ohm load (three dual 4 ohm subs) so I need a .66 ohm stable amp, not easiest to find. I emailed Brandon and he said that the saz 2000D should be able to hang with such a low impedance, but I don't know for how long LOL...

I don't compete, but I have three subs and I would like to run all three. I know there's no reason to run such low impedance in a daily driver, but damn! What can I do? I plan on getting a 200A alternator, and possibly a second battery. Maybe a FG enclosure so as to shave the total weight down a bit but that's another story. So! anyone think that the saz 2000D would be a good choice?

-Matt

Thanks dudes...that's what I'm saying! That's why a class D is what is needed, for less strain!! :trippy:

I'll have a .66 ohm load (three dual 4 ohm subs) so I need a .66 ohm stable amp, not easiest to find. I emailed Brandon and he said that the saz 2000D should be able to hang with such a low impedance, but I don't know for how long LOL...

I don't compete, but I have three subs and I would like to run all three. I know there's no reason to run such low impedance in a daily driver, but damn! What can I do? I plan on getting a 200A alternator, and possibly a second battery. Maybe a FG enclosure so as to shave the total weight down a bit but that's another story. So! anyone think that the saz 2000D would be a good choice?

-Matt

You would not be able to wire down to .66 you're options are 1.34, 3 or a 12 ohm load. Whomever told you you would reach .66 was wrong.

I was only able to get down to .66 with dual 2's and 6 of them.

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

3_2ohm_dvc_3ohm.gif

3_2ohm_dvc_12ohm.gif

-Matt

You would not be able to wire down to .66 you're options are 1.34, 3 or a 12 ohm load. Whomever told you you would reach .66 was wrong.

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

3_2ohm_dvc_3ohm.gif

3_2ohm_dvc_12ohm.gif

Thats why he said he has (3) dual 4 ohm drivers and not (3) dual 2 ohm drivers, with (3) dual 4 ohm drivers 0.66 ohm load is possible along with a 2.67 ohm load.

-Matt

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

3_2ohm_dvc_3ohm.gif

3_2ohm_dvc_12ohm.gif

Thats why he said he has (3) dual 4 ohm drivers and not (3) dual 2 ohm drivers, with (3) dual 4 ohm drivers 0.66 ohm load is possible along with a 2.67 ohm load.

I would personally rather wire to 1.34 ohms instead of .66.. you won't notice between .66 and 1.34.. just less potential stress on your electrical.

yep... :peepwall:

0.66 is not where you will be wired to either... that's your nominal impedance rating..

If it were your DCR rating, then i'd say sure.. no problem.

You are going to have to measure the valule on the coils yourself because RF never put it in the manual..

Efficiency and anything below 1ohm is absurd to say the least. :suicide-santa:

0.66 is not where you will be wired to either... that's your nominal impedance rating..

If it were your DCR rating, then i'd say sure.. no problem.

You are going to have to measure the valule on the coils yourself because RF never put it in the manual..

ya i measured and they are 2.4 per sub. I need to recone the third, but hoping it will be the same, so that will bring it up to a combined 0.8 ohm load...almost 1 ohm... 0.8 ohm seems a lot better than 0.66!

clip meter = gimmick

I didnt buy it for the clip meter just something extra.

clip meter = gimmick

I didnt buy it for the clip meter just something extra.