An-i-no

New amp, muddy music.

I changed amps on my Front stage recently and it sounds like absolute garbage now.

I went from ~100wrms to over 200 on tap (not sure if I'm using all of it) and it's sooooo muddy now. I thought the amp was distorting so I turned the gain down til it sounded decent but it's way quieter than.before. I had to turn my high pass up to about 100hz (from 80, but I partially expected this) and aim the tweeters at the floor to get it to sound acceptable.

To top it off...it isn't even louder. I'm under the assumption that my drivers can't handle the power but other than that I'm stumped.

Edited by An-i-no

What amplifiers? Speakers?

Class AB amps are power hungry. Maybe the electrical can handle the added load. I've had similar experience going to bigger amps and not updating the electrical.

Hmmm...according to my Walmart cig lighter volt meter my voltage is better than before, so I don't think that's it.

When I re eq'd it, I ended up just having everything at -9 except for the ~50hz band. The 125, 800, 2k, and 5k all are at rock bottom. The speakers are pre-08 Hertz H

Hmmm...according to my Walmart cig lighter volt meter my voltage is better than before, so I don't think that's it.

When I re eq'd it, I ended up just having everything at -9 except for the ~50hz band. The 125, 800, 2k, and 5k all are at rock bottom. The speakers are pre-08 Hertz H

I would have to say the aq amp is better amp for your aplication :eek5wavey:

I'm starting to think that but I wanna find out for sure before I go switch them out.

The midbass is incredibly punchy now. It's just that the midrange has no definition, almost like I'm playing two different songs at the same time. It's all...on top of itself. The Tweeters were kind of edgy before and that shit is unbearable now.

my wifes' parents own a flea market car audio shop in atl and use to sell these, they had similar problems with sound issues and ended up having to return them all . did you buy it new?

The p 500-2? Nope. I bought it out of some guy's trunk. He had it on his subs though. That's a really bummer to hear.

What else changed? If nothing, that amp could be bad. Your eq settings sound seriously jacked. Is the phase the same?

Nothing. I simply switched out the amps. I thought maybe one side was out of phase somewhere so I double quadruple checked the wiring, nothing. Wired each side "out of phase" independently and it sounded different but not better.

The eq settings I did like I always do. Start out with it flat (Cept for the 50hz band, sub gain is set to that). It usually sounds bad that way so I remove the trouble spots. Usually the 125 and 800 are around -5 or 6, and the 2k at -3. With the new amp I HAD to turn those bands down that far, otherwise it was shrill and garbled, which led me to believe that the gain was too high but it sounds equally as bad with low gain, just quieter.

If nothing changed and you are not over driving your speakers it sounds like you have a bad amp.

I have a P500-2 that is bad as well :/ I used to love it though. Before you go and just throw out the amp find a way to check to make sure the amp is truly bad though imo! Good luck!

Kinda curious why you just didnt run your AQ amp bridged if you wanted more power for your front stage instead of buying another amp.

Kinda curious why you just didnt run your AQ amp bridged if you wanted more power for your front stage instead of buying another amp.

Was planning on attempting an active setup later with the RF amp on my mids and AQ amp running tweets/rears. Plus I got the RF for 75 bucks

No running active with rear speakers.

Accidentally neg'd you bassahaulic. Someone please fix my mistake.

In my town we have a street that everybody rides up and down showing off their cars. If I were to run active the only time I would use my rears is when I'm blasting them and showing off. Other than that I know what you mean.

Anyway...I'm feeling rebuildy guys. Looks like I have some number crunching to do.

In my town we have a street that everybody rides up and down showing off their cars. If I were to run active the only time I would use my rears is when I'm blasting them and showing off. Other than that I know what you mean.

Anyway...I'm feeling rebuildy guys. Looks like I have some number crunching to do.

:lol: