Also need to keep in mind that power isn't all. I've seen a 1k sound way more alive and dynamic than a 1.5k from another brand. Hell some people are even willing to accept thd levels above 10% and 0.5 ohm loads instead of getting an amp that can do the job at a higher impedance and way less thd. I'll take a 2k at 1 ohm and under 1% thd anyday over a 3.5k at 10% and 0.5 ohm.

Someone pushing their equipment beyond realistic limits is the fault of the owner, not the amplifier.

There's not much inherent to an amplifier that would cause an audible difference like you describe. There's something more to the story.

i dont see what the problem is... i mean steve meade said it works..... he is the GOD of car audio no? :suicide-santa:

Looks as though the shepard is leading more sheep to the slaughter.

Amp dyno

Sit back and be amazed! Try not to chit yo-self ///M5 :D

:huh:

Read that topic. Apparently unbeknownst to us, the DD-1 changed the car audio world.

Amp dyno

Read that topic. Apparently unbeknownst to us, the DD-1 changed the car audio world.

I unfortunately did :( Steve's nuts must touch the ground he's got so many people hanging from them.

I'll give him credit though, he's done a hell of a job making his name into a brand, for really no good reason at all. If him and the Kardashians ever teamed up, they could take over the world......maybe even change the world so much that dividing by zero would be possible.

Amp dyno

Changing the audio world for the better, setting up the law in car audio, evolution of car audio...

What are these people smoking ? :lol:

Lol as inaccurate as it probably is, the shit is cool I have to say. I would never buy it but it would be fun as hell to mess around with.

Also need to keep in mind that power isn't all. I've seen a 1k sound way more alive and dynamic than a 1.5k from another brand. Hell some people are even willing to accept thd levels above 10% and 0.5 ohm loads instead of getting an amp that can do the job at a higher impedance and way less thd. I'll take a 2k at 1 ohm and under 1% thd anyday over a 3.5k at 10% and 0.5 ohm.

Someone pushing their equipment beyond realistic limits is the fault of the owner, not the amplifier.

There's not much inherent to an amplifier that would cause an audible difference like you describe. There's something more to the story.

It really depends. If the manuf claims that this is what the product Will do at 0.5 ohm, then many Will do it. I've heard differences from a well known chinese oem vs a well thought through design with better components. Power in the latter was less, but also more alive and enjoyable at least giving me a better experience. Again it comes back to us, as Long as it is more power then hey it has to be good, no matter if it is square waves. Lol

Edited by rubenen

I unfortunately did :( Steve's nuts must touch the ground he's got so many people hanging from them.

I'll give him credit though, he's done a hell of a job making his name into a brand, for really no good reason at all. If him and the Kardashians ever teamed up, they could take over the world......maybe even change the world so much that dividing by zero would be possible.

SM and the Kardashians : what a team !!!

That one was gooood, Impious !:roflmao::roflmao:

You cant talk about Sundowns prices, like Jacob stated plenty of times his company is not an internet based brand that sells directly to the customer. If he wanted to he could and his products would be a lot cheaper to fit some poeples needs or wallets. Not justifying his prices or his company just stating facts on why it is what it is. Dealer based companies will always have higher prices then internet based companies, no matter how much the products compare to one another. The one thing I do respect about Sundown is he was having great success with Zenon boards and then started seeing companies imitate for a cheaper price, and what does Jacob do about it. He just re-tools his amp to differentiate them, while other companies are sticking with the previous boards (where's the innovation?).

It's about time someone gets the MASSIVE difference between a dealer based company and a direct company. Thank you.

SUNDOWN is not charging more than the "other guys" for amps -- but guess what ? Dealers make money too. I also don't think many people realize how many things we do for customers for after-sales support and warranty... trade-ins, upgrades, so on and so forth. We've done this for YEARS. I've had customers come back that bought a 1500D in 2006 that finally gave out and I'll take it on for credit on a new amp through the "discounted replacement" program. Things like this also give our products MUCH better re-sale value than many other brands.

What drives the majority of the industry outside of the forums ? DEALERS. And who are the guys that hold SPL shows ? DEALERS. I'm sure many of you guys enjoy competitions... without the dealer base we wouldn't have them.

I won't apologize for supporting the car audio industry... we set out to be a dealer based company and to support the guys that go out there and try to make a living doing what they love and we have stuck to it despite all of the ultra low-cost direct online companies coming up over the years... and we've done nothing but grow over the years despite any of this.

And yes -- several of our original models were based on "open boards" -- guess how many of our Class-D amps we have had custom tooled for us now ? All of them. All of our multi-channels have custom tooled crossover sub-boards on them as well. We don't believe in just sticking with the same thing... we believe in constant improvements.

If none of this at all matters to you -- that is completely fine with me and you can choose to buy anything you want :drink40: What I don't appreciate is when people try to claim that WE charge outrageous prices for our stuff... no, we do not... but the fact is as a company that supports dealers and distributors the end cost will end up higher. Period. Compare Sundown to Memphis, JL, etc at a local retailer... and again, if you don't care about that, or extra warranty, or upgrade programs, or better re-sale values, you are MORE than welcome to buy whatever product suits your budget the best and I hope you enjoy whatever you buy -- car audio is a HOBBY and everyone should have fun doing it or re-consider their hobby, IMO.

PS: Most of the direct brands do not work with Zenon -- they have moved over to the same build-house as AQ.

What build houses make most internet brand amps. Is a crescendo 3.5ks any different than a AQ 3.5k and so on. What's makes one brands quality better it worse when its all the same shit.

Zenon and S & I Corportation are two of the bigger amp builders in Korea.

Here is a link to an S&I Corporation Amp.... See any resemblence?

:popcorn:

Have to give headz up to Sundown for supporting the industry and actully using money on their designs.

On the other hand, I understand those that just want to the cheap option out there, but if there weren't any companies pushing forward new designs, then none of the "discount" brands would exist.

Still I might see a problem coming up due to business ethics from some buildhouses, nearly selling to anyone like prostitutes. Not even thinking of the "old" customers that has some kind of sales policy, warranty etc. being buttfu by "discount" brands selling the same at nearly the same time as well. In the end, people can get a brand product and the service that comes with it or just settle for xyz and get tons of excuses when shit happens.