that is it time to get some amps bench tested properly! we all should pool some money and get some amps tested properly!

actually I would love to see how much it would cost to properly bench test an amp and I would be game to toss in some money to cover the testing fee's

although this might be unrealistic if the cost is way to high vs the amount of people who want to know the truth!

as for amps I would gladly send one of my SAZ-2500 in for a proper test! and I am sure I can also get a atomic 7k and a AQ3500 along with a NS1 (the 4500 replacements) and I think some people wouldn't mind sending in a Cresendo 3500 and I think we could talk someone into sending in one of his DC amps lol!

If you are using a real test house it'll be somewhere between $1k and $2k an amp.

that is it time to get some amps bench tested properly! we all should pool some money and get some amps tested properly!

actually I would love to see how much it would cost to properly bench test an amp and I would be game to toss in some money to cover the testing fee's

although this might be unrealistic if the cost is way to high vs the amount of people who want to know the truth!

as for amps I would gladly send one of my SAZ-2500 in for a proper test! and I am sure I can also get a atomic 7k and a AQ3500 along with a NS1 (the 4500 replacements) and I think some people wouldn't mind sending in a Cresendo 3500 and I think we could talk someone into sending in one of his DC amps lol!

If you are using a real test house it'll be somewhere between $1k and $2k an amp.

just out of curiously what is would be the name of a real test house?

Storck Twin City Testing. Not sure they have the required loads, but they should have appropriate power supplies and in the past they owned an appropriate distortion analyzer. More of a shake and bake test house, but nonetheless that sort of place.

Storck Twin City Testing. Not sure they have the required loads, but they should have appropriate power supplies and in the past they owned an appropriate distortion analyzer. More of a shake and bake test house, but nonetheless that sort of place.

they analyze ricky bobby driving tactics?

Well for the price I got I can't get 5ks for any less.

And there you go, I would have done the same damn thing Bro. Good match for your install and more money in your pocket!

$$$ > hugging nutz! lol

not much of a nut hugger

Cool I will give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do and a cost!

also what test should i request be done to an amplifier? or would they know what to do?

I doubt they'll even take you seriously, either way before calling you should determine exactly what you are going to ask for because it isn't their job to specify a test just to do it.

I doubt they'll even take you seriously, either way before calling you should determine exactly what you are going to ask for because it isn't their job to specify a test just to do it.

got ya!

I guess I will have to first ask them what kind a tests they are able to do first and go from there! heck maybe i will learn something... or just get hung up on lol other then that i will let you know what goes down!

I can't remember the name for the life of me, it's European company with a test bench designed to analyze just about everything on an amplifier. Their test bunch was called some cube, or of the sort.

If I can remember the name I'll post the link for shits n giggles.

I dont think we should need to pay. The companies selling the gear should bear the cost. Where do they get the figures any way if they dont do proper testing. I mean its not like they just pull it out their ass and slap it on a manual.

I mean sure if you have a car you will do a dyno and assume your other products produce close enough results. I know some amps do a birth sheet but this usually just states a RMS rating and does not indicate load voltage or any thing else for that matter.

What can we expect to see on these tests and how will this affect the average Joe on street that does not chase numbers but still want a good product and not buy something that is over rated.

There was a thread on c a c o where a guy got a saz3000d and crescendo 3kwp and pulled them both apart. He said they were identical except for their cases & heatsinks.

The guys username was "807tubenut."

The guy also modified the 3kwp to see how much more power he could get out of it (just for fun), he seemed to know what he was doing.

Pretty much nothing new, mostly removing protection circuits...

Lots of amps share the same board. LOTS! It's a small world and people get boners for different reasons.

There is tons of information to be found and by searching around a bit you can see side by side what really matters. Do your homework and buy what makes you happy. 'all that matters in the end. Watts are watts and people are not paying me to run their product.

Personally I get wood when I save money on nice amps not because of the label on the heat-sink!

Hecks yeas brotha!

Of the internet branded amps I have ran Crescendo and soon DC Audio. When I decide to buy an amplifier absolutely no factor has to do with brand name. The reviews and customer service speak for themselves. I will run Crescendo and DC Audio anytime if their product fits my build. Currently I am running JL Audio amps. Why? Because they fit my build log criteria for amps. Small.

Personally I think Sundown amps are way overpriced. Here again, I am not going to buy them just because of the Sundown tag on them ;) Hell my 3kwp was them same freak'n amp as the SAZ-3000D (ok you got me, the caps are slightly different and the voltage protection circuitry is slightly different) which costs over twice as much.

Also need to keep in mind that power isn't all. I've seen a 1k sound way more alive and dynamic than a 1.5k from another brand. Hell some people are even willing to accept thd levels above 10% and 0.5 ohm loads instead of getting an amp that can do the job at a higher impedance and way less thd. I'll take a 2k at 1 ohm and under 1% thd anyday over a 3.5k at 10% and 0.5 ohm.

Edited by rubenen

got ya!

I guess I will have to first ask them what kind a tests they are able to do first and go from there! heck maybe i will learn something... or just get hung up on lol other then that i will let you know what goes down!

You know, if you wanted an amp tested SMD and D'Amore Engineering have their SMD AD-1 amp dyno which is suppose to be the real deal. They might test a couple for free just to get things up and rolling with that service. :ughdunno::peepwall::morepower1::bandwagon2::suicide-santa:

got ya!

You know, if you wanted an amp tested SMD and D'Amore Engineering have their SMD AD-1 amp dyno which is suppose to be the real deal. They might test a couple for free just to get things up and rolling with that service. :ughdunno::peepwall::morepower1::bandwagon2::suicide-santa:

Oh, your fucking kidding me right?

If that isn't a joke, its a lie. When will nooblets stop listening to those that only wish to profit even through lies.

What smd dyno this is the first I have heard.about that can someone enlighten me on the pros or cons heck maybe post a link

Cons, it won't work. Not possible. Here's a hint for you, if there are no published uncertainties then it isn't a measurement system.

*assuming it exists

Oh, your fucking kidding me right?

If that isn't a joke, its a lie. When will nooblets stop listening to those that only wish to profit even through lies.

You said "nobblets" hahahahahaha

I like DC Audio amps and wouldnt mind getting one along with Everest Sound Labs (they seem to be getting a lot of buzz lately). Im not to fond of Crescendo Audio and there customer service so I wont be using them again, I have nothing against there amps. I could care less about spending money or saving money, I buy what fits my needs (space, power, reliability, features and the companys' customer service).

You cant talk about Sundowns prices, like Jacob stated plenty of times his company is not an internet based brand that sells directly to the customer. If he wanted to he could and his products would be a lot cheaper to fit some poeples needs or wallets. Not justifying his prices or his company just stating facts on why it is what it is. Dealer based companies will always have higher prices then internet based companies, no matter how much the products compare to one another. The one thing I do respect about Sundown is he was having great success with Zenon boards and then started seeing companies imitate for a cheaper price, and what does Jacob do about it. He just re-tools his amp to differentiate them, while other companies are sticking with the previous boards (where's the innovation?).

Honestly who cares what the next person will run in there vehicle, I didnt know now days that I had to justify my product purchases with the next man. :peepwall:

Amp dyno

Sit back and be amazed! Try not to chit yo-self ///M5 :D

I just puked all over my desk

Amp dyno

Sit back and be amazed! Try not to chit yo-self ///M5 :D

I just puked all over my desk

:( Not the result I was looking for. Sorry bout your desk bro.... No hard feelings?.... :D

i dont see what the problem is... i mean steve meade said it works..... he is the GOD of car audio no? :suicide-santa:

I imagine something like that do-able, with solid-state loads but building one of those is a brainfuck and definitely not something that can be produced at a decent price.

I like DC Audio amps and wouldnt mind getting one along with Everest Sound Labs (they seem to be getting a lot of buzz lately). Im not to fond of Crescendo Audio and there customer service so I wont be using them again, I have nothing against there amps. I could care less about spending money or saving money, I buy what fits my needs (space, power, reliability, features and the companys' customer service).

You cant talk about Sundowns prices, like Jacob stated plenty of times his company is not an internet based brand that sells directly to the customer. If he wanted to he could and his products would be a lot cheaper to fit some poeples needs or wallets. Not justifying his prices or his company just stating facts on why it is what it is. Dealer based companies will always have higher prices then internet based companies, no matter how much the products compare to one another. The one thing I do respect about Sundown is he was having great success with Zenon boards and then started seeing companies imitate for a cheaper price, and what does Jacob do about it. He just re-tools his amp to differentiate them, while other companies are sticking with the previous boards (where's the innovation?).

Honestly who cares what the next person will run in there vehicle, I didnt know now days that I had to justify my product purchases with the next man. :peepwall:

Fuck. Can someone please fix the rep on this post? It was a -1, I went to hit the +1 as I didn't see a sensible reason for a negative rep but instead accidentally hit the negative again so now it's at -2 :(