jonbearsmt

alternator wishes come true??

awesome to hear jon, i'd take the alt to autozone or somewhere and let them test it, it's free and you'll get a rough idea of what its putting out.

^^^this... also can you take some photos of it... no excuses... cell phones is acceptable!!!!

parts stores testers only go up to about 90 amps... and my local alt builds tester only goes up to 60 amps.

i have been tangoing with h/o alts for years on my black lincoln.. finding out what they really so is hard in this town.

but i got a 400 amp current meter yesterday, so now i just need to figure out how to put a 300 amp load on my alt... perhaps a test tone will do it?

i also was busy working on something new today in the voltage world. pics coming..

also just to remind people.. my volt meter in my car.. is wired to the rear bank,

oh ok, i thought the stores testers went up higher then that. oh well, are you going to run 16v soon?

I just want a photo of the alternator bro.... Now get to it!!!

I just want a photo of the alternator bro.... Now get to it!!!

page 1 has three pics no?

I'm sorry bro... had a brain glitch... Yea I only have one page for this thread and it loads straight to the last post so I forgot to scroll through and look :suicide-santa:

some wires,.. 0 gauge for ground off the alt, and 2 runs of 0 for +off the alt.

2011-11-12_16-54-37_14.jpg

2011-11-12_16-54-44_579.jpg

2011-11-12_16-55-12_287.jpg

this was the first day i installed it.. cold start up at idle 2011-11-11_10-12-11_478-1.jpg

but now when its hot at idle i get 13.2

and at 1800 RPM im getting 14.2 hot

all voltage is taken at the rear of the car!

and i have yet to do ampreage testing.. but while im knocking i used to hit 12 volts pretty quick.. and if i didnt watch it high 11's.....

so far with the new one 13s~ at 1800 rms with the 4500d gettin it

nice!!! are you happy with that? or is it not living up to expectations?

few more things i want to do , he put a underdrive pully one.. thats 48 mm, he said there is a smaller one that is 44 mms that should bring me up to the 14~ i want to be at while at idle,

so far.. for the money .. its right ...

keep in mind that im also working kinks out from the 4G to 6G swap. a much bigger case alt.

but money wise 180 for the alt, included the pig tail, and the pully, then 20 bucks for the bracket, so im at 200 bucks so far its keeping it way up durring play, so as of right now... i think for the money its doing a great job.

i do wish i had a BIGBRAND alt to test it with side by side,

i wanted to share this with you guys, i load tested my alt today,

i ran the car for about an hour before my testing to give a hot result,,. we all know that heat kills efficiency so this is a honest test.

the only problem i had was presenting a heavy enough load . i put as much load as i could give it. but i could not find a bigger load with out rewiring my subs and that was just too much work today./

its a 240 amp unit and these are the results at 1800 RPM

2011-11-20_14-32-09_879.jpg

2011-11-20_14-32-03_878.jpg

Looking good so far, great price for that much power :drink40:

Good news man! I may hit u up on payday. Ciao!

Looks great.

Who is this asian guy? Is he local to you? Im stuck here in the worlds butt and could use a wee bit more juice.

Feel free to pm thx

were talking about a partner ship on the sales end,

ill need to talk to Aaron and mark before i say too much on here.. dont want to step on any toes,.

but at this point its just talk anyhow.

im really happy at this point. its a boss so far, the guy that was with me was doubting it i think because when he seen the results his eyes were big! and he said "damn its putting it out thats for sure "

im going to get a smaller pulley, a 44 mm and see if i can get a higher idle voltage in the rear in my application .

glad to see its working out for you... 240a for 200 bucks... what a steal

i cant wait to buy my newer truck so i can buy all the stuff already. maybe this alt will be on the list :popcorn: