hardrock2401

Ampless component suggestions

I would like some suggestions on a component set but have no plans to amp them. Please do not tell me its not that hard or just get a cheap speaker amp, I DO NOT WANT TO AMP THEM. I have absolutely no space for it.

My sub stage is in my sig, I am not asking for a component set to keep up with it as I rarely have my sub full tilt. Right now I have a set of RE Audio Coax 6.5s, and well they just blow....pretty sure my stock 4x6s/tweeter were louder and sounded better. I already have a tweeter pod from the stock ones, only went to coax to tide me over because my 14 year old speakers gave out.

Sooooo, what I have been look at are CDT Classics, IA component set, RSDs, Arc Audio KS6006, and the Image Dynamics CTX.

I tried to cover everything so if you need anymore info ask.

Thanks

I would like some suggestions on a component set but have no plans to amp them. Please do not tell me its not that hard or just get a cheap speaker amp, I DO NOT WANT TO AMP THEM. I have absolutely no space for it.

My sub stage is in my sig, I am not asking for a component set to keep up with it as I rarely have my sub full tilt. Right now I have a set of RE Audio Coax 6.5s, and well they just blow....pretty sure my stock 4x6s/tweeter were louder and sounded better. I already have a tweeter pod from the stock ones, only went to coax to tide me over because my 14 year old speakers gave out.

Sooooo, what I have been look at are CDT Classics, IA component set, RSDs, Arc Audio KS6006, and the Image Dynamics CTX.

I tried to cover everything so if you need anymore info ask.

Thanks

So you are going to use the HU to power them? Is it a stock head unit?

I heard the arcs on after matket hu..think was clarion.sounded okay.

You want to know what speakers to buy, but haven't listed a budget, speaker size limitations, mounting location, depth restrictions, or any personal taste on what you have heard in the past and liked/disliked.

And you wonder why your not getting any responses? :rofl2:

Picking speakers for a front stage is much more "what sounds good to you" then anything else. It's unfortunate that wall displays at stereo shops don't replicate the final outcome once in a vehicle, especially from one install to another.

What have you heard in the past that you liked? What are the REs lacking? Look into cone materials, and textile tweeters verse aluminum tweeters. Are you looking for midbass? Whats the largest size speaker you can fit in your mounting location, depth?

There's always room for an amp, especially with the small amps available these days.

There's always room for an amp, especially with the small amps available these days.

I wish I could see his face when he reads that :lol:

I know the alpine decks can use that smaller ktp-455 power pack that can fit behind the dash. Perhaps kenwood has something similar, or a new deck altogether.

If power is limited, next thing is efficiency, larger drivers.

x2, Rockord Fosgate has an amplifier the size of your headunit (maybe a little smaller).

Or the Sound Digital SD250.2 ... All small amps... Get one?

My trunk is completely full between a huge box, my m2a, and nsb I have no room...Id like to keep it under 200. I listen to most any kind of music, korn, limp bizkit, journey, ozzy, jimi hendrix, and rap when I wanna tickle my ears. I want 6.5s, mounting depth doesnt matter as in worse case I can make spacers.

I DO NOT WANT AN AMP

The only reason why people are offering you suggestions on real small amps is because you stated you didnt want one for space reasons, next time be more clear and state that you dont want one for personal reasons. If your just wanting a pair off head unit power, I doubt it will really matter which ones you get as they wont be performing at their best.

Well I thought I had clearly stated that in my my first post in the thread, guess not...I know thier not gonna be at their best pontential, only looking for opinions on what others have had experience with off of HU power

Once you find some magical speakers let me know, I'd like to try a pair.

Well I thought I had clearly stated that in my my first post in the thread, guess not...I know thier not gonna be at their best pontential, only looking for opinions on what others have had experience with off of HU power

You clearly stated you didnt want one cause you couldnt fit one, space reasons and personal reasons are not the same at all just an FYI.

But back on topic, most people will tell you their components on HU Power were ok but nothing outstanding or impressive.

Most speakers perform their best at or near rated power levels and to skimp out on the power to drive something to it's potential is a major loss.

Alpine type s comps get decently loud off of hu power, but the tweeters are a bit bright. They sound fine if they are off axis

Stick with a quality coaxial since you don't want an amp. Waste of money to buy $200 worth of comps and not amp or cross them over properly!

Problem is I dont want coax, I asked for opinions on what would be a good comp. set off HU power....didnt ask u guys if I need an amp for components or if they make small amps or if coax would be the better option.

Thank you to the very few that have actually given answers to my question

I'm in the same boat as Drama here. I don't wanna amp comps. But Id rather have a set of comps than coax. With my HU putting out around 22watts rms 55 peak. Not a lot for a bad ass set of comps. But for a decent set i don't see the problem with not having an amp.

Id love to have a relatively decent answer to this question of opinion on comps on HU power. Because i do would love to buy a set of comps.

And maybe one day grow the balls to amp my speakers. But i def don't want to right now.

Not using an amp is fine but expecting them to keep up with a couple high output sub while only using 1/2 or 1/4 of rated power is ridiculous

Well if people would take the time to read my first post I stated I do not expect them to keep up with my sub stage....call me wierd but I dont drive around listening to my system full tilt all the time. My sub is turned down most all the time, I just want something with decent output that will sound ok without an amp.

Well if people would take the time to read my first post I stated I do not expect them to keep up with my sub stage....call me wierd but I dont drive around listening to my system full tilt all the time. My sub is turned down most all the time, I just want something with decent output that will sound ok without an amp.

Then just go to sonicelectronix and read reviews on 6.5 comps and pick a set?