djlilmikeny

Whats wrong with my AQ1200???

take a multimeter, connect probe to power and ground terminal on amp.

Put the fuse back in the power line or switch the circuit breaker on, whatever u have in there now and measure OHM value set to DC.

If you get a near 0ohm reading once the power line is activated to the battery again.. STOP and remove fusing or shut off circuit breaker.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you trying to measure resistance with power applied to the circuit.

Could low voltage to the amp cause it to burn up?

Yes it can. Maybe that is the problem. Opening the cover and checking inside sounds like a good plan.

take a multimeter, connect probe to power and ground terminal on amp.

Put the fuse back in the power line or switch the circuit breaker on, whatever u have in there now and measure OHM value set to DC.

If you get a near 0ohm reading once the power line is activated to the battery again.. STOP and remove fusing or shut off circuit breaker.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are you trying to measure resistance with power applied to the circuit.

Could low voltage to the amp cause it to burn up?

Yes it can. Maybe that is the problem. Opening the cover and checking inside sounds like a good plan.

A local shop installed it I wonder what size wire was used?

Low voltage? The 50A fuse is a 32v...I usually run a 100A fuse which I believe is 12v..doesn't say on the fuse. The 50A fuse is the only one I was able to get hoping it will hold me till I got my 100A circuit breaker. When I put the 50A fuse is when I started smelling the burning.

Edited by DJ LiL Mike

Low voltage? The 50A fuse is a 32v...I usually run a 100A fuse which I believe is 12v..doesn't say on the fuse. The 50A fuse is the only one I was able to get hoping it will hold me till I got my 100A circuit breaker. When I put the 50A fuse is when I started smelling the burning.

Do you know how to upload pics to a forum? When you get the cover off upload some.

Low voltage at the amp. It doesn't matter what the fuse is rated for. Check your voltage at the amplifier with a multimeter.

Low voltage at the amp. It doesn't matter what the fuse is rated for. Check your voltage at the amplifier with a multimeter.

read pior answers

read pior answers

I never saw an answer from the op what his voltage at the amp is when the car is running.

read pior answers

I never saw an answer from the op what his voltage at the amp is when the car is running.

He never had a chance to before the amp burned up.

Okay, I opened up the amp and all i see is the board is a little dark/burned.

dsc01726sl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc01728j.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this fixable? will i need a new amp?? Is this definitly why it is not turning on? Or can it still be something else? Other than the burned spot, the rest of the amp looks fine.

Looks like you burnt just a resistor an not necicerily a MOSFET. Try replacing the resistor and try it in a different car. The resistor looks to be a 47 ohm 5% tolerance.

do u know what could have caused this? Can it be that I was running the amp too hard? Or the 50A 32V inline fuse that i put in?

Quick checks...

Disconnect your sub from amp... Will the amp power on? Check for voltage at amp

If it won't power on.

Replace fuses in amp... will amp power on?

Check wiring at any point where it passes through metal ( from battery through bulkehead)

What else are you running? Amp for highs/mids?

If you just start burning fuses, it leads me to believe either the amp had an internal failure, your battery was at a low voltage, causing a higher current draw than normal, or that a short has been introduced into the electrical circuit.

Oh and if you have a remote gain, disconnect them... They are prone to failure and are crap... Just my opinion.

Oh and if you have a remote gain, disconnect them... They are prone to failure and are crap... Just my opinion.

For the past 2 months I have been running my amp without the bass remote.

Quick checks...

Disconnect your sub from amp... Will the amp power on? Check for voltage at amp

If it won't power on.

Replace fuses in amp... will amp power on?

Check wiring at any point where it passes through metal ( from battery through bulkehead)

What else are you running? Amp for highs/mids?

If you just start burning fuses, it leads me to believe either the amp had an internal failure, your battery was at a low voltage, causing a higher current draw than normal, or that a short has been introduced into the electrical circuit.

The fuses look perfectly fine in the amp. The rest of the car is stock.

It would have helped if I saw all of the posts before responding, I read through page 3 and thought that I had read them all, missed the pics...

Yea the 50 amp 32v fuse could have been the culprit, but I suspect that the resistor failed prior to that incident, and was just perpetuated by new fuses and the excess of current allowed by the 50a/32v fuse.

It would have helped if I saw all of the posts before responding, I read through page 3 and thought that I had read them all, missed the pics...

Yea the 50 amp 32v fuse could have been the culprit, but I suspect that the resistor failed prior to that incident, and was just perpetuated by new fuses and the excess of current allowed by the 50a/32v fuse.

I usually ran 100A fuses before (they didnt say a voltage, im assuming 12 volts tho). I blew two 100A fuses within basiically 24 hours. omw to school on tuesday, and omw to school wednesday. I ordered a circuit breaker wednesday when i got to school. Then I bought the 50A 32V fuse (it was the highest Amp rating i could find) at Advanced Auto Parts on friday hoping it will just hold me till my circuit breaker came in the mail. I only realized yesterday afternoon that the fuse was 32V.

I would send it back to AQ if you can get a rma.

can the inline fuse blow from running the amp hard/max continuously?

Yes it can espesially if somethimg caused low voltage.

I would send it back to AQ if you can get a rma.

Yep, i called audioque, they finally picked up...and i sent it in right away on wednesday.

Thanks for all your help everybody!!! Hopefully Audioque will just fix it or send me a new amp.

Well I hope you can get a free one. :peepwall: