Sign in to follow this  
Dangrebel

just blew another mid amp??

Hey guyz, i heard 2 pops about 2 seconds apart then hit play on my iphone and silence. Ive had 2 different amps on my door speakers. ONe was an alpline mrp300.4 or something like that and now i have phoenix gold octane 9.0.1. both are 5 channel and i used only the 4 channels for my door speakers. I have pioneer 5800mp headunit, the pico fuse is blown so i catch a goodbit of alt whine and noise. which leads me to think that has something to do with the amps blowing? Could that have an effect on the amp if the fuse is blown? I checked all fuses and connections. It wasnt playin music when it happened either, which is weird to me. Please help me fix what im doing wrong!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the bad luck bro ...

Guess my first question would be why are you using 5 channel amps ???

Well, they are left over from when I first had a stereo, I used 5 channel amps for simplicity. So the we're just sitting there in my room so I used them. I just don't want to to hurt my Sounddigital sd250.2 I'm bout to buy.

Take a DMM and start trouble shooting all wiring through out your vehicle. Make sure nothing is pinched or grounded to metal.

Take a DMM and start trouble shooting all wiring through out your vehicle. Make sure nothing is pinched or grounded to metal.

Do this, you've probably got a wire shorting out somewhere.

Ok I will today. But it was 3 months in between my amps blowing. So I thought a pinched wire would have showed up earlier.

maybe you should find out what part of the amp is blowing...

IF it's the input side, i would be either getting a new headunit or grounding the rcas on the back of your headunit.

Yea on the alpine amp it was the input. So would the rcas not being grounded hurt the amp?

You can ground RCA's. There is a well known trick for Pioneers. ;)

I'm getting a new head unit for Christmas but would the ungrounded rcas hurt an amp? I don't want to blow my bc2000

I'm getting a new head unit for Christmas but would the ungrounded rcas hurt an amp? I don't want to blow my bc2000

It shouldn't hurt anything.

But re-Ground them anyway.

Ooooopz I double posted my bad!

Edited by Dangrebel