to chevyboy im thinking of putting 2 6.5s in my doors with no tweets. do you think that would be louder then having the comps?

Yes Seleniums will be louder than your average components but your still gonna wanna run some tweeters with them regardless, just cause PA speakers are loud does not mean you should ignore the upper frequencies.

To the OP the Eminators is just a marketing ploy from Eminence, looks likes the Seleniums but still has specs like the Alphas but not as good. If you dont like the Seleniums then you wont like the Eminence, they will be louder with less midbass. I think you should look at companies such as: B&C speakers, 18 Sound, Beyma, Faital Pro among others. They are more expensive but not geared just to get loud, sound way better than Eminence and Selenium by far.

I've been thinking about trying some B&C myself.

I did too but just didnt have the motivation to try and make some odd-shapped grills to fit their 8" drivers. Im quite happy with my Neo-pro's, glad I got thrm but if I were to switch out in the future it would be a pair of B&C 10's.

I did too but just didnt have the motivation to try and make some odd-shapped grills to fit their 8" drivers. Im quite happy with my Neo-pro's, glad I got thrm but if I were to switch out in the future it would be a pair of B&C 10's.

Them 8's any good on the lows? I think that is one concern many have...no doubt they hammer in the higher freq. Actually I was waiting for the neo 6.5s but they are taking too long and Mr sundown dont want to send me the proto;s.

that being said I can get a pair of the eninense drivers for less then a single neo

:ninja:

Yes Seleniums will be louder than your average components but your still gonna wanna run some tweeters with them regardless, just cause PA speakers are loud does not mean you should ignore the upper frequencies.

To the OP the Eminators is just a marketing ploy from Eminence, looks likes the Seleniums but still has specs like the Alphas but not as good. If you dont like the Seleniums then you wont like the Eminence, they will be louder with less midbass. I think you should look at companies such as: B&C speakers, 18 Sound, Beyma, Faital Pro among others. They are more expensive but not geared just to get loud, sound way better than Eminence and Selenium by far.

sweet will check them out.

Them 8's any good on the lows? I think that is one concern many have...no doubt they hammer in the higher freq. Actually I was waiting for the neo 6.5s but they are taking too long and Mr sundown dont want to send me the proto;s.

that being said I can get a pair of the eninense drivers for less then a single neo

If your looking at getting a PA driver then they will not get low unless you go with a 10" driver or bigger, they will have punch but not that much midbass. Most of them can be played from 100hz on up, maybe 80hz but that depends on power levels, door size and volume control among other things.

get some earthquakes! lol :peepwall:

edit: earthquakes really arent that bad, they are like the cheaper version of selenium. their supertweeters arent as loud as selenium supertweeters but their mids are pretty punchy. although i dont know what selenium mids sound like, i imagine they'd be punchier. good sq too in my opinion. good luck! :ghost:

Edited by Angelboy863

I am running B&C mids and I have mine crossed at 63hz.

People hate because they have no personal experience and just talk out their ass while others have listened to some shit Selenium set up and say all PA sucks.

Specs on my 10's

Frequency response: 50-2,500 Hz • Fs: 50 Hz • SPL: 96 dB 1W/1m • Vas: 0.95 cu. ft. • Qms: 4.5 • Qes: 0.27 • Qts: 0.26 • Xmax: 8 mm

Plenty of car mids around that don't have specs that nice. :drink40:

People hate because they have no personal experience and just talk out their ass while others have listened to some shit Selenium set up and say all PA sucks.

Specs on my 10's

Frequency response: 50-2,500 Hz • Fs: 50 Hz • SPL: 96 dB 1W/1m • Vas: 0.95 cu. ft. • Qms: 4.5 • Qes: 0.27 • Qts: 0.26 • Xmax: 8 mm

yeah true but which unit are u using, also its a 10" you dont see many car specific mids in that size either. Just checked Their site and the 6" drivers I saw were all well over a 100 +hz

I would love me some sub 80Hz drivers that can take 100RMS all day

Specs on my 10's

yeah true but which unit are u using, also its a 10" you dont see many car specific mids in that size either. Just checked Their site and the 6" drivers I saw were all well over a 100 +hz

I would love me some sub 80Hz drivers that can take 100RMS all day

I got the 8's in the rear doors. Go big or go home. lol

Iv run. In an enclosure and free air I didn't see much of a change

Any updates on this OP?

Any updates on this OP?

Yeah bro, i was begging jacob to bring them neo's out and nothing. Then suck my dick asked for them and his bandwagon chimed in so now looks like they may just actually bring them out soon. Not sure if i should try them emineces out any way. Its not like im a money tree and i do have the worry that they may not work for me. I could post my build log link if u want to follow but chances are it will go down in jan.

Any updates on this OP?

Yeah bro, i was begging jacob to bring them neo's out and nothing. Then suck my dick asked for them and his bandwagon chimed in so now looks like they may just actually bring them out soon. Not sure if i should try them emineces out any way. Its not like im a money tree and i do have the worry that they may not work for me. I could post my build log link if u want to follow but chances are it will go down in jan.

Who the F gave you a negative??? lol....

Anyway, the B&C are too expensive I assume???

Any updates on this OP?

Lol i have a mystery hater. To be honest i looked at them but the sixes were rated to only 120hz have you seen them any lower?

Any updates on this OP?

Lol i have a mystery hater. To be honest i looked at them but the sixes were rated to only 120hz have you seen them any lower?

yes, this here... :

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-647

Any updates on this OP?

yes, this here... :

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-647

Dang they do look good. Have you tried them? A bit over my budget for now but let see what jan brings.

Thx

Nope, but I know the quality from HT usage...

Keep in mind when you are looking for low frequency extension you can't just look at Fs. You have to consider Fs in relation to Q as well as the enclosure among other things such as power and displacement capabilities. Even if the Fs is reasonably low in frequency but the Q is also very low, you are running them pseudo-IB in your door and their displacement is fairly limited.....low frequency extension is still going to be limited. It's a simple fact of physics. Another thing to keep in mind that is B&C's rated Xmax is 2-way not 1-way because it's total coil overhang.

The moral of the story is that you will have a difficult time finding a pro audio style driver with decent low frequency extension in the type of installations we typically perform in car audio. It's a basic compromise of their design, there is no way around it.