I just recieved my new Fi BL 12 and am looking for an amp. What would be best. A used audioque 1200d, new audiopipe 1500d or a new soundstream 1200d. Sub has flatwind coil option only. Dual 2 ohm

Edited by chuck_norris

Then buy the cheapest one.

Does the audiopipe actually make rated power. Cuz as of now it is cheapest at 160. And my budget is very tight. But I want to be happy in the long run

I'd get the AQ.

I feel it's the best built amp out of the 3.

Ok. Got another question I could use some help with. I was playing it free air yesterday on my friends pioneer 1200 watt at 2 ohms making around 800 rms. It was making a pop noise on some of the notes. It didn't seem to be flexing near its limits.

If it was making a noise, it was at or beyond it's limits. Running free-air provides no air spring and the only thing controlling the driver is the motor force and suspension.

I don't see what the question is, but with the choice of amp, I'd either go with AQ or the audiopipe. Chances are you won't hear a difference, and the AQ like bassa said is probably built a little better.

I was thinking of trying out a used ap3500 just tto see.they have like 5 on craigslist for 200 bucks

I haven't tried either one, but I have heard good things about the AP series. I don't think there would be an audible difference in output between the Onyx and the AP. I would still rather own the AQ over both of them. How much are you looking to spend?

Buy the one that fits your budget! Basically not going to hear anything audibly different between the choices.

as little as possible. 150 to 200.

doesn't matter which you pick of the ones listed. shouldn't be able to hear a different. install it correctly and you should be fine.