Sign in to follow this  
aboveak

Small Xcon build

Eh i thought i might as well post up my crappy work so far. I am by no means the kind of person that tries to make shit look good from start to finish. As long as it looks great at finish, functions properly, and is pretty well built then i'm ok with it

This is going in a 2004 Silverado ECSB. Total vol. will be est. @ 5.2. I'm going to tune lower than i want @ 31hz and expect it to be more at 33-34hz just because that always seems like what happens and that's where i prefer it anyway.

xconbox001.jpg

xconbox002.jpg

Yes that is 1/2" mdf. I had a whole sheet sitting in the shop so i'm going to use that and fiberglass over it so it'll be closer to 3/4. The subs are mounted up and port facing forward with a flanged opening

I wanna see how this turns out.

Good start Alaska man!!!

Don't see very many fiberglass builds on here. Tuned in. :fing34:

Looking forward to this build.

I may delve in to the doors after this, idk yet. I ran out of resin last night and just picked up some more so hopefully I'll get some more done tonight and be able to post up some more pics for yuh guys

Thanks guys!

looking great so far. XCONs have made it to AK!

Am I the first one here that got them? I loved the ICON!! It was definitely my favorite driver by far. I'm sure the XCON will step that up even further.

This build was a little more difficult being that I couldn't do all the fiberglass at once. Normally I'd build the frame and then fiberglass. This was opposite. This was a fiberglass base I was using for my ex's truck and ended up making it work for my build. Kind of a PITA but it'll work out

very excited to see how this turns out!!

Got a little more done. It's kind of going slow but i'm in no hurry really. I still need a new amp and haven't decided which one i'm getting yet.

I tried kerfing this stuff but it was not having it. Idk if it's because you can't kerf 1/2" or if it's because it's been sitting around forever, but i've never had trouble with 3/4" before...so :ughdunno: Anyway so that's why it's fiberglassed instead.

On top of all this my router is missing... :suicide-santa: so my corners are done by hand and my baffles are hackjobbed with the jigsaw.

Enough talk here's a couple more pics

xconbox004.jpg

xconbox005.jpg

Looks great man!!!

Thanks! i'm not real happy with how it looks right now. I realized the port surface area was a little small and had to open it up a little bit.

Idk why my pics come out sideways on here...they load to the computer and photobucket the right way... :ughdunno:

I realized i never said the build was going slow. I've been doing too many other things and have only been able to work on it a few minutes at a time. I should probably be working on it instead of being on here but just giving an update.

I have gotten a little further. I have the port almost complete except for the top. I sprayed sealer on it and i'm ready for primer. I also got a the braces up for one of the baffles. I don't have pics at the moment but i'll post some later.

I never said what the finish will look like. The top and port will be marble painted and the rest will be black, probably textured.

I put the xcons in a temporay prefab box (i HATE prefab boxes but it doesn't sound THAT bad for what it is) The Xcons are AMAZING!! I absolutely LOVE them!! Jacob hooked me up with a new SAX-1200, so thanks to him for trading in my SAE-1200 with burnt resistors/caps. Great customer service there!! I recommend everyone consider his great customer service when deciding on an amp to purchase. You won't get that at many other companies

so i have a little update. It's not a whole lot but it's some more progress.

xconbox11002.jpg

xconbox11001.jpg

xconbox11002.jpg

xconbox11002.jpg

What is the last picture of?

Port, I'm guessing.

Port, I'm guessing.

Looks like port to me too.

toilet bowl???

Haha yeah that's the port. Guess I should have backed up some. I'm going to try and get the port painted this week if I have time

toilet bowl???

Square toilets? That must be comfortable to sit on...