sundownz

Sundown NeoPro 6.5" Pre-Order

These should ship out from our Factory on February 15th -- so we should have them around March 15th.

They will be available in 4 ohm and 8 ohm configurations.

Original discussion was here :

-- PLEASE read this before asking any questions in case it's been answered.

I will put up mounting data shortly.

*Updated*

I sent my last set home with Sean so I had him measure them real quick.

Depth : 3"

Cut-Out : 5 11/16"

These are designed as car audio midrange AND midbass drivers -- they sound a bit different from most of the "PA" style drivers on the market as they were designed to produce mid-bass in a car door.

REGULAR PRICE - $99 EACH

Pre-Order Price - $85 each for 1-3 pcs

Pre-Order Price - $75 each for 4+ pcs

Shipped in Continental 48 states

EMAIL For Alaska or Hawaii.

THIS IS USA ONLY

You can either Paypal me directly at sundownz@sundownaudio.com for the pre-order -- SPECIFY 4 or 8 ohm coils -- or you can order from your favorite local or online dealer.

As with any pre-order DO NOT place an order unless you are SURE about waiting -- there will be NO refunds for lack of advanced financial planning or unexpected delays. ETAs are a best guess and not guaranteed on a pre-order.

CIMG5117.JPG

CIMG5118.JPG

CIMG5119.JPG

Edited by sundownz

Oh god here goes 300$...

I saw that you said you put 200 Watts to these. Will that end up being the rms that you go with or are these going to be a little more conservative. Looking to go active sometime soon and I'm interested in these.

We rate them 100 RMS like we do the 8s -- they have a 2" coil and excellent coil cooling, though. Most mids rated for 100 RMS would burn to the ground taking what these do thermally... the rating is more of a conservative mechanical rating for those that run them down to lower frequencies.

I sent my last set home with Sean so I had him measure them real quick.

Depth : 3"

Cut-Out : 5 11/16"

Great News!!!

A few questions I did not see answers to:

1: Did you stay with the push type terminals?

2: Will they have the Sundown Audio logo?

3: How or will the 4/8 ohm coil affect the frequency responce?

Are you ever going to produce a 12" neo mid? I will be first in line for a set IF you do! Even if the never make production, I will buy the prototypes. :ughdunno:

Great News!!!

All sundown speakers and subs come with the Sundown Audio logo, especially the Neo-Pros'. Go through the prototpe thread where Impious explained the difference in having an 8ohm vs 4ohm coil.

Great News!!!

1) I did... they factory assured me they can get them to sit straight up and down on production and there was no price break for doing the spade terminals... so we kept the push.

2) Yes.

3) Minimal.

All sundown speakers and subs come with the Sundown Audio logo, especially the Neo-Pros'. Go through the prototpe thread where Impious explained the difference in having an 8ohm vs 4ohm coil.

Thank you Sir!!

Great News!!!A few questions I did not see answers to:1: Did you stay with the push type terminals?2: Will they have the Sundown Audio logo?3: How or will the 4/8 ohm coil affect the frequency responce?
1) I did... they factory assured me they can get them to sit straight up and down on production and there was no price break for doing the spade terminals... so we kept the push.2) Yes.3) Minimal.

Thanks Jacob for the quick responce!!!

I remember you saying you were going to measure and check if PE's speaker grills were going to fit your 8 and 10" drivers, did you ever get around to that. Assume they would work for these if they do for those.

Pre-sale go on 'till right before you get them?

Yes the grills from parts-express will work, i use them on my Neo 8s.

Yes the grills from parts-express will work, i use them on my Neo 8s.

Thank you for clearing that up. :):+1: fo' chu!

Are you ever going to produce a 12" neo mid? I will be first in line for a set IF you do! Even if they never make production, I will buy the prototypes. ughdunno.gif

If you were to run these active on a Sundown 100.4, which tweeters would you reccommend to match them? The Neo Pros would be installed in the bottom of the door in a 03' Jetta with the tweeter mounted in the stock A pillar location. Sub stage is two SA-10s powered by a SAX-1200D ported @34Hz in the trunk.

Edited by jokers10

Hope the glue dries clear or black! ohnoes9.gif

Heard these are a couple weeks behind schedule? Have a new ETA?

Damn now I gotta work hard...

If you were to run these active on a Sundown 100.4, which tweeters would you reccommend to match them? The Neo Pros would be installed in the bottom of the door in a 03' Jetta with the tweeter mounted in the stock A pillar location. Sub stage is two SA-10s powered by a SAX-1200D ported @34Hz in the trunk.

Still looking for a good answer on this. Really thinking about picking up a pair of these, but not unless I get a good set of tweeters, and my 100.4.