fearlessgangsta

Sundown Z vs SSA Xcon vs Zcon

I'm in the last stages of deciding my setup. I decided on 2 18's and want to know how these three compare to each other. I'm going to have 11 cubes tuned around 31-32 to work with and 2 Crecendo 2k's. I'm looking for a SPL sub,but with Monster lows to flex everything. That's about all I have to ask.

Edited by Fearz

zcons love smaller enclosures and get really low but so do the xcons! Either choice = win!

zcons love smaller enclosures and get really low but so do the xcons! Either choice = win!

I have heard that SSA subs are really good on the lows. I'm really looking to see what are the main advantages and disadvantages between the SSA's and the Z's? Also the SSA's are cheaper by a little bit.

Edited by Fearz

well I personally own two ZCON 18's and they are in about 11 cubes internally after displace and they have amazing SQ and awesome SPL just tune ur box around 32hz and you will be all set! BTW if u do go with the zcons you can always upgrade ur power later and they will not hate you for it :fing34:

I always thought the Sundown had a high rolled surround but I guess not so now I'm leaning more towards SSA.

well I personally own two ZCON 18's and they are in about 11 cubes internally after displace and they have amazing SQ and awesome SPL just tune ur box around 32hz and you will be all set! BTW if u do go with the zcons you can always upgrade ur power later and they will not hate you for it :fing34:

That really helps thanks and I'm thinking of watching Super Troopers now.lol

I have owned all three except the z was a v1 and they are all great drivers. I have a ZCON 15 now and love it!

SPL and flex usually dont go good together.

ive had nightshades and have zcons now. Ill never change my substage now.

FWIW, my 2 zcon 18s did 151.9 db on just 600w each and a 156.8 on 5k each. very versital and efficient drivers.

Plus the SSA line is designed and build in the USA. Sundown=china. You decide.

I think the Zcons may be the perfect fit. I want musical ability first off because my setup will be daily driven. And then SPL in the lanes comes seconds and I'm just going to get it metered one time anyway.

Edited by Fearz

I think the Zcons may be the perfect fit. I want musical ability first off because my setup will be daily driven. And then SPL in the lanes comes seconds and I'm just going to get it metered one time anyway.

ZCON ZCON ZCON!!! i gave up 2 kicker solo x's for 1 zcon 15 and could not be happier. its a VERY musical driver and gets REALLY loud and LOWW if i ever change my set up, it will be to add a second zcon 15. i wish i had found ssa about 2 years ago...:/

How does this help?

How does that help? Or this for that matter?

ZCON ZCON ZCON!!! i gave up 2 kicker solo x's for 1 zcon 15 and could not be happier. its a VERY musical driver and gets REALLY loud and LOWW if i ever change my set up, it will be to add a second zcon 15. i wish i had found ssa about 2 years ago...:/

Thanks man

How does this help?

How does that help? Or this for that matter?

Lol

I agree! If price and space isnt a option for u. Zcons all the way! I personally plan on getting 2 18 Zcons in 14cuft after displacements tuned to 33-34hz. Just make sure you can back them up. Whats your power like?

FWIW, my 2 zcon 18s did 151.9 db on just 600w each and a 156.8 on 5k each. very versital and efficient drivers.

Wow! What kinda enclosure are they in! 151db on 600rms each is amazing! :WTFBubble: Seems like it should of did the 156 with rated rms (2250). Is that a wall setup or bandpass? Cant be a regular ol ported setup. Unless u really kno wtf ya doin. :fing34:

Wow! What kinda enclosure are they in! 151db on 600rms each is amazing! :WTFBubble: Seems like it should of did the 156 with rated rms (2250). Is that a wall setup or bandpass? Cant be a regular ol ported setup. Unless u really kno wtf ya doin. :fing34:

he doesn't know what he is doing.. The subs are installed IB ... Full o' fail!!!

he doesn't know what he is doing.. The subs are installed IB ... Full o' fail!!!

He has sum vids on youtube. The setup looks gud n loud. He has a T Top 2.

He does a 156 and has a T Top 2?

Excellent setup for that car. He could hit 160 if he added 2 more Zcons. That would be one of the loudest wall car setups. Who has the loudest wall setup in a car thats Daily? Anyone know??

He does a 156 and has a T Top 2?

I'm at 150's at 34hz on Bass Ballin' with a single ZCON 18" on 5k, there is a lot of potential from these subs.