ncacoates

Mazda 8x SA-12 build

that sundown logo looks nice :)

lets see vids of this already !!

Nice numbers!

nice!!! very sexy build mem!!!

Wow that Sundown logo looks great! Where did you get it?

Wow that Sundown logo looks great! Where did you get it?

I got it from toolmaker he can laser etch just about any design you want.

Haven't made much progress as of late my work schedule of 5 10s has been kicking my ass. First order of business will be new batteries as mine are finally taking a shit after 5 years of abuse. Either way heres a crappy video of the last car show i went to. Ended up getting a 152.5 on music with drivers door open peaking at 36-38hz. I consider that stout considering my batteries were barley maintaining 12.5 and i was clamping 4300wrms. If i can get more power i think i can pull a 54+ on music just maybe and being no wall that's impressive to me.

looks beast on 4k

time for :morepower1:

:D

Looking great! Like I said before, I would love to hear this!

looks beast on 4k

time for morepower1.gif

biggrin.png

Seriously nasty for the power if i could just get more. I need to get a new bank of batteries and a single amp. Rise is kicking my ass on average im around 3-3.5 sigh.gif I ran a single 3k at .5 and rise was on average 1-1.5 so im thinking a single 6-7k amp might solve my problems. Just need to sell the 3ks and find something that fits the bill just limited on budget around 1200.

Looking great! Like I said before, I would love to hear this!

Thanks bud i really wish i was farther north or south things here in nc aren't to good for car audio. Id really like to make it to one major show this year so a bunch of people can get a chance to hear it.

I hear ya. Absolutely nothing going on here in north east Pa.

If you make it farther up north let me know.

:)

Well the old baby battery bank is finally kicking it fast. I didnt expect it to hold up under 6k for too much long but i cant seem to keep it from dipping into mid 11s almost instantly. As much as it hurt pushing the pay now button i got some killer batteries coming this week. I ended up going with the 3 XS Power XP3000s and ill be getting a XP2000 or 2500 for under the hood soon after depending which will fit. I figure going from a measly 150ah to 400ah+ sould put some serious kick back into the beast. If i dont get the gains im looking for it may be time to leave sundown amps for a large .5ohm capable amp. Never been a dd nut hugger but the m4a looks to supply stupid power at a lower voltage than the ns-1. I feel for a daily groundpounder I may sway towards the m4a.

Nice update man!!! Hope those batteries fix you up nicely!

Sounds like a Plan but xs doesn't recommend xp batts for under the hood.

aww dang i do remember hearing that.. its all good i slap d series under there price isnt too much diffrent.

Well the old baby battery bank is finally kicking it fast. I didnt expect it to hold up under 6k for too much long but i cant seem to keep it from dipping into mid 11s almost instantly. As much as it hurt pushing the pay now button i got some killer batteries coming this week. I ended up going with the 3 XS Power XP3000s and ill be getting a XP2000 or 2500 for under the hood soon after depending which will fit. I figure going from a measly 150ah to 400ah+ sould put some serious kick back into the beast. If i dont get the gains im looking for it may be time to leave sundown amps for a large .5ohm capable amp. Never been a dd nut hugger but the m4a looks to supply stupid power at a lower voltage than the ns-1. I feel for a daily groundpounder I may sway towards the m4a.

look into a AB1100.1 :)

look into a AB1100.1 smile.png

Funny you say that i was looking at the VFL-500.1 and the 750.1 lastnight. I never really hear much about them but i can honestly say what i have has always been awesome. At this point im gonna see what gains i get with the new batteries then move up from there.

On a side note got the tracking number and hopefully get them before the show Sunday id like to hurt some feelings lol. Nothing like 225lbs of batteries shipped for free either lmao.

Found the main culprit of my voltage issue last night when i was disconnecting the rear battery bank. Soon as i took the ground off my entire car died instantly. Had a wtf moment and check the front battery.... reads 7.98v lmao. Replaced it with one of the good ones and now the cars back to charging between 14.5-15.1.

One of the cleanest builds ive seen! Great work bro. That being said I HAVE to get a demo! You are not that far away from me and you mention that sundown is close to you. I would happily drive down for demo then maybe we roll to sundown if you havent been? Let me know bud and again AWESOME build!

:)

Glad to hear that you realized your front battery was dead. That could have haunted you for a while.

I can rep for both DD and American Bass. My M3a has proven it self. I have a VFL-450.1 to replace it :) I cant say to buy one over the other. The dollar per watt ratio maybe better with AB.

One of the cleanest builds ive seen! Great work bro. That being said I HAVE to get a demo! You are not that far away from me and you mention that sundown is close to you. I would happily drive down for demo then maybe we roll to sundown if you havent been? Let me know bud and again AWESOME build!

Much appreciated man its really been a long process and alot of hard work. Id gladly give you a demo if you were up my way. Ive been to harass the sundown boys plenty of times only lived 15min away for a couple years when i was going to school now its only like 2 hours at most. Im sure we could work out a weekend to meet up there and bug jacob and brandon.

Glad to hear that you realized your front battery was dead. That could have haunted you for a while.

I can rep for both DD and American Bass. My M3a has proven it self. I have a VFL-450.1 to replace it smile.png I cant say to buy one over the other. The dollar per watt ratio maybe better with AB.

Yeah it seriously could have cause issues that's for sure. For right now im holding off but an m4a and a VFL-750.1 are in serious consideration.

Well they came in and i couldn't wait to get them hooked up so this setup is temporary. Didn't bother charging them as all of them were floating at 12.9-13 so dont worry about that lol. Anyways i just got back from a 10min drive full tilt a majority of the time and it never went under 13.8 and maintained 14-14.1 most the time. rockwoot.gif

2012-07-19_17-45-08_38-1.jpg

good stuff!!!

Went to the first real show today since i got this setup. Managed a 151.5 sealed at first. I figured with the new battery bank i could add my jumpers in to run .25ohm an amp and to my surprise it got dirty lmao. Stayed pretty stable just had to watch voltage but i was able to get a 154.4 on my first try. These scores we all sealed on the windshield with music btw. I feel with some more work ill be able to do a 155 sealed and a 157 door open. Either way i got a short video with my crappy cell phone camera but its better than nothing i guess.