ncacoates

Mazda 8x SA-12 build

Its come time to upgrade and really get serious. Ive made a long of progression to this point but its time to go big once and for all. This will be a slower build as money is an issue till tax time. Ive already got my box design from RAM which was an awesome guy to deal with and a quick turn around in all manners. I will also be making door pods for multiple sets of components our a 3 way setup.

Current equipment that will get carried over to the new build.

2 - Sundown SAZ-3000D

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown SAX-100.2

DC power XP250

4 - Lifeline AGMs 50ah

75ft 1/0

Equipment still needed.

12 - SA-12s

Copper buss bars

3 or 4 100ah+ agms (to come way later on)

Ill at least give you a guys a look at the box design for starters.

25ge7o3.png

Im tuned in for this one :popcorn:

Looks like the subs are gonna be sold here in the next couple days so that means taking the old setup out and begin on the new one. Parents got me sick router and a jasper jig for Christmas so cutting all the sub holes should be cake now. Look forward to updates of the build very soon.

et86j8.jpg

Sweet gifts. :D

Should make life a little bit easier.

:gift: Sweet gifts indeed, going to use 'em to do something special with the new enclosure?

Got a jasper a few months back and it sure cuts down time compared to a jigsaw!! Tuned in for this one!!!

Thanks guys i cant wait to get started myself. Yeah i guess i am going all sundown but what can i say they make awesome products and i live 2 hours away so if anything goes wrong i can throw a brick threw their window. (jake if you read this it wasn't me if it happens haha) I pulled most the equipment out tonight and ill get the box out tomorrow after work. Gotta borrow the company truck this weekend to get 5-6 sheets of mdf for the box, trim panels and false floor. Im gonna try and get the car torn apart and prepped for this weekend so ill try and get a few updates when i do that.

8 12s... holy hell thats gonna be loud :D

First 4 of the sa-12s ordered it should light a fire under me ass to get moving on the box this week.

Small update to add on today. 130 bucks later and there are 4 sheets of mdf awaiting my saw tomorrow if i get off early enough. As you can assume pictures may actually start appearing.

:popcorn: Between the wood and ordering some of the subs you should feel EXTREMELY motivated :drink40:

Well i always forget sundown is so close i order today they are supposed to be here tomorrow lmao

Ill be watching this one bud.

glad i could help you out with the build ;)

thanks again for the 15s bro cant wait to see how this one turns out :popcorn:

Heck yeah man you really got me moving by getting the btls. I wanna see your build too it should be wicked loud as well.

Heck yeah man you really got me moving by getting the btls. I wanna see your build too it should be wicked loud as well.

Thanks bro :drink40:

Well didnt get off work till 530 so no wood cutting for me today. Though i did start on the false floor the other day and got four of the subs in today. So here y'all go the first of hopefully many pics to come.

2012-02-08_17-43-16_497.jpg

2012-02-03_14-25-07_269.jpg

tuned in for more pics :popcorn:

Well i got all the wood cut tonight and im off at 2 tomorrow so y'all might just get to see a finished box this weekend. Anyways here are some pics from the crappy cellphone camera lol.

2012-02-09_16-24-08_755.jpg

2012-02-09_17-09-11_700.jpg

2012-02-09_18-48-19_886.jpg

those are teaser pics lol

Got a good bit of it done today probably finish the last bit up over the next couple of days. no huge hurry as i wont have money for the other 4 sa-12s for a couple weeks.

P1020721.jpg

P1020723.jpg

Got a crap load of stuff ordered that should get here this week and im heading to the garage right now to get some more done on the box. look for pics later on tonight