Sign in to follow this  
Ohjay

'08 Dodge Caliber build

I figured I might as well start this build log too, it should help keep me motivated trying to keep both builds moving. This is my brother's vehicle and his 2012 Mod class MECA build.

Equipment being used in this build:

230amp DC Power alt.

stock under hood battery with a single Kinetik 1400 in the rear

JVC HDR50

Kicker KS69

Soundstream pcx270.2

SSA Zcon 18"

Sundown SAZ3000D (thanks Steve!)

I only have a few pics right now, I'll get more soon.

Some shots of the big 3 looking ugly with the tape and big washers, but that was only temporary.

101_0621.jpg

101_0622.jpg

101_0624.jpg

Power cable through firewall.

101_0626.jpg

More pics coming soon, possibly a step by step guide to doing a large case alt swap on the Dodge 2.0L as well!

keep up the work bruh!!!

not bad... cant wait to see more pics!

I was going to take a lot of pics during the alternator swap but I felt like crap that day and it would slowed us down even more. This swap is a pita but well worth it.

This is the port of entry.

101_0386.jpg

101_0387.jpg

Changing the speakers in the door is a breeze in this car, just pop off a grille and swap 'em out. Makes for boring pics but here's one of the Kicker's installed.

101_0637.jpg

Here's a shot of the amp mounted to the seat. I'll get some better shots and pics of the 2 channel when I get a chance to tidy up the wiring a bit.

101_0628-1.jpg

Close up of the big Zcon.

101_0634-1.jpg

Shot of the box installed. He hasn't made up his mind yet what he wants to do for the exterior so it hasn't been finished up. We'll run the wires through the side of the enclosure the next time this comes out.

101_0627-1.jpg

Quick shot of front stage amp.

101_0255.jpg

I'll try to get pics of the amps installed tomorrow.

Man seeing this makes me want to get the build in my 07 Caliber started.Can't wait and im tuned in to this build for sure!!!

Sorry for double post but im curious if you had any vids of the system in action.

Sorry for double post but im curious if you had any vids of the system in action.

I tried to get some video of it but my cheap digital camera does not take very good video and the mic is horrible. I will try to get one today since he's coming by later.

doing a build with 2 15" xcons when i get the money for it. looking good bro!

Two 15s in this car would be great. We're already thinking about the next setup in this one, also thinking about a pair of 15s, and toying with the idea of a trio of 12s.

I tried to get some video of it but my cheap digital camera does not take very good video and the mic is horrible. I will try to get one today since he's coming by later.

doing a build with 2 15" xcons when i get the money for it. looking good bro!

Two 15s in this car would be great. We're already thinking about the next setup in this one, also thinking about a pair of 15s, and toying with the idea of a trio of 12s.

how much did the alternator run you? i know dc doesnt have the caliber on their website so im just curious. and yeah a trio of 12's would sound and look great!

i guess i will start posting updates on here since i have been changing a lot of it in the last year.

bought me a ZED Ra a year ago, i love this thing.

IMG_2130_zps6b5af1e9.jpgIMG_2129_zps8101d976.jpg

got an SSA plate from toolmaker and decided to try some plasti dip on my car.

IMG_1889_zps3f65fab4.jpg

IMG_1952_zps574e0f4f.jpgIMG_1958_zps79ee7a8b.jpgIMG_1963_zpse62f0c39.jpgIMG_1966_zpse3b1a230.jpg

my first enclosure sucked, obviously, since there was only around 4.5 cubes net with only 70 square inches of port, so i decided to finally get around to building a new enclosure.

IMG_1729_zps3736e095.jpgsubbox_zps2df7ba93.jpgIMG_2121_zpsde2bdb41.jpgIMG_2133_zpsc0d63e6d.jpgIMG_2127_zpsd95a8cbe.jpgIMG_2131_zps487ff80f.jpgIMG_2135_zpsddcbe16b.jpg

the box is not done yet but i got tired of messing around and wanted to hear it, so i will end up finishing it later. right now it is right around ~6.5 cubes net tuned to 33~34 with two 6 inch aero ports. The ports are 4 inches away from the bottom of the enclosure, so when we get some time we are going to trim the ports down another inch and see what we can get.

we have not done much testing, but 42 hz seems to be my peak down in the kick. IMG_2137_zpsee05a6a5.jpg

What size and type is that sub? 

Is it still the 18 zcon?

Edited by pmureika

I feel bad for you. My wife has this car and it sucks.

Is it still the 18 zcon?

Yes it is and still on the sundown 3k

I feel bad for you. My wife has this car and it sucks.

Hahaha, its not all that bad. I have had a few minor issues with it. The catalytic converter went out on it but luckily ot was still under the warranty, i just change all the brakes, new tires, and new front struts all in the last 3 months. Other than that its an alright car, nit the greatest but it gets me 29 mpg even with the weight in the back.

Is it still the 18 zcon?

Cool I have a 2009 Jeep liberty with a 12" zcon on 1500 watts rms.

It gets Very loud!

Is it still the 18 zcon?

It gets Very loud!

Yeah i love my zcon but im not sure what i want to do for my next setup. I was thinking 2 zcon 12s or 4 xcon 10s on a crescendo 5500 but its hard to get the response i want in winisd with those, so im not sure.

Is it still the 18 zcon?

It gets Very loud!

Yeah i love my zcon but im not sure what i want to do for my next setup. I was thinking 2 zcon 12s or 4 xcon 10s on a crescendo 5500 but its hard to get the response i want in winisd with those, so im not sure.

I would love to do two zcon 12's on a better amp. If I could fit the box in the space I have.

Is it still the 18 zcon?

It gets Very loud!

I would love to do two zcon 12's on a better amp. If I could fit the box in the space I have.

I may try the zcon 12s but im not sure yet. Im gonna have to do some modeling in winisd to see if i can get a response that i want. I think i can get the response i want with two xcon 12s but im not sure i i want to run a 5500 on them.