hispls

Got to visit the factory in Simi Valley

Pictures? :peepwall:

Very cool. I hope to be able to do the same someday.

:NeedPics:

Sounds like a very interesting trip.

Awesome trip. Thanks for sharing.

:fing34:

Would have to kill you afterwards ;)

JK

Actually I didn't take any. I didn't want to inadvertantly leak any super secret tech and honestly it appeared to be mostly clutter, boxes, and a sweet looking test bench that I'm not tech savy enough to half appreciate. It is just Stephen and his wife working there these days. Apparently recent healthcare mandates forced him to cut his employees a few years ago.

Really a shame since in his hay-day in the early 90's he had over 100 employees and a much bigger facility.

Edited by hispls

Really a shame since in his hay-day in the early 90's he had over 100 employees and a much bigger facility.

Wow, that is a shame..

Here is a leaked picture of Stephen from 1955:

back_to_the_future_doc_brown.jpg

I agree with Hispls about Stephen and his "factory" in Simi Valley. He refurbished a home amp for me. Incredibly talented and knowledgeable. The only factory that i have visited that was even cooler was Manley Labs in Chino.JPS

Damn, sure wish I could have thought about this when I was out in LA for work last year. It would have been much more awesome to meet Stephen and see the ZED wonderland than it was visiting the sub par shops I was able to find. If I ever go back I'll have to remember this little detail.

Hmmmm looks like I should find a way to visit next time I take the wife to see the family in Riverside.

J

Would have to kill you afterwards wink.gif

JK

Actually I didn't take any. I didn't want to inadvertantly leak any super secret tech and honestly it appeared to be mostly clutter, boxes, and a sweet looking test bench that I'm not tech savy enough to half appreciate. It is just Stephen and his wife working there these days. Apparently recent healthcare mandates forced him to cut his employees a few years ago.

Really? When I came by and asked why no one was working for him he did not say anything about that. The time I came before that and he did have people working for him, there weren't that many workers anyway.

Jealous for sure.