crazyikon86

icon with hole in the face

just installed 2 brand new 12 icons. got into an accident and an object broke the plastic face. Is this just a dust shield that can be remover and replaced or patched. or will it need to be sent in to be fixed? i havnt had time to remove it from the box to see more. thanks.

the cone or the dustcap ??

pics please..

if its only the dustcap its a easy fix.

That would depend on the age of the ICON wouldn't it? It it's the older one then yeah it's an easy fix. If it's a newer one the entire front is the dustcap and I would imagine it would have to be sent in for proper repair. Then again, I've never dealt with a sub with a full size dustcap like that so I'm not sure what all it entails, it could be simpler than I imagine it to be.

Which style does it have? Someone with experience with the full size dustcaps may be able to chime in more information on this than me for sure.

Best to post a picture of it. If it's a simple fix we will let you know.

Glad to see you are alright coming out of an auto accident.

I hope that is all that got damaged, despite my passion for audio, safety comes first.

Yep, dustcap is a goner. As I mentioned before, I'm not sure what it takes to replace that dustcap on a full front one like those have but most likely it will need to be sent in for repair.

Yes, the dust cap is done, but I cannot tell if the cone is damaged. Might want to remove the dust cap to see the state of things behind it.

damn the C came off, or did you peel it off? glad no one is hurt also.

If you can get the dustcap off without damaging the cone you can see if Mark/Aaron will ship you a new cap.

time for a recone i bet

Try and peal the hard shell of the dust cap off, it it comes off without damaging the cone, we should be able to simple sell you the replacement for it no problem.

Go buy some CA glue from your local hobby supply, gap filling 10-25 second and you're good to go

Yeah, looks just like the dustcap only. You can see those sexy cooling channels. ;)

Go buy some CA glue from your local hobby supply, gap filling 10-25 second and you're good to go

No.

The incredible goop.

No.

The incredible goop.

^

This!

Thats what I used when I blew off a dust cap.

I figured if I used CA glue and it came off again it would take the cone with it as it would be into the fibers.

With the GOOP I thought I might have another chance if something went wrong.

That said it has never came off again and the little bit of excess I could rub off with my finger to make it look pretty again.

No.

The incredible goop.

Hmm.. I've always used CA glue... What do you guys use on your Subs Nick?

So the part that says ssa is that the dustcap?

Yes.