Sign in to follow this  
harvester51

dcons or ZCON!!

Okay everbody my cousin is getting ready to put a system and wanting to put some bass in tjere and she wants it to get loud but also have pretty good sound quality and what would yall run 2 15in dcons or 1 18 zcon either way it would be tuned to about 33hrtz also will buy the amp when we decided which we are going with.

So 600wrms or 2200wrms? Zcon for sure. You have to ask how much are you willing to spend on everything. Besides the cost of the woofers, the Zcon will cost a lot more for amp, electrical upgrades, etc.

I would do a liitle more research on your choices. There is quite a difference in design between the two models.

A pair of DCON 15" on 1-1.2K would be very impressive in output and sq as long as it's in a properly designed and built enclosure.

Well i actually have a dcon 12 tuned to 33 hrtz and it sounds pretty good but she wants more output than the 1 12 can do and im bout to order a xcon 12 for my truck! I was just wondering if the zcon sounds good cause i know it gets very loud in a good box

With the right enclosures both will have great "sound quality"

Well i actually have a dcon 12 tuned to 33 hrtz and it sounds pretty good but she wants more output than the 1 12 can do and im bout to order a xcon 12 for my truck! I was just wondering if the zcon sounds good cause i know it gets very loud in a good box

Well 2 Dcon 15s in a ported with more power would be louder in its optimal application than a dcon 12 on less power in its optimal application would it not?

Okay and a zcon will still have plenty out put if i just put 1500.1 on it

Yessir

Okay sounds good ill talk to her and see if she want to pay the extra money for the zcon! And accessories

Okay me and my cousin where looking around a little and ended up finding the aa smd sub and what do you guys think of this sub particularly compared to the zcon 18?

Okay me and my cousin where looking around a little and ended up finding the aa smd sub and what do you guys think of this sub particularly compared to the zcon 18?

It's a fair amount more expensive, its rated at 3500 rms. Its performance will be based on the enclosure it is put in.

Post up some pics of your cuz, I kid, sorta :roflmao:

Save the $ and get the 2 15" Dcons. She will love them and she wont have to break the bank on amps and electrical. My .02

Yea thats what i was thinking to save the money and im sure they will be plenty loud and sound good

YUP!

Get em, and do work son.

2 Dcons!

A pair of Dcon 15's in about 5.5 cubes tuned to 31hz on a ZED Minotaur would be yummy. If you want to save money on an amplifier, there is a SKAR amp coming.

Well i already have a kicker 1000.1 sitting in the garage and was wondering if that would be to much power for the set?

the kicker would be a lot easier on your electrical than anything you need to power a zcon.

Post up some pics of your cuz, I kid, sorta :roflmao:

Save the $ and get the 2 15" Dcons. She will love them and she wont have to break the bank on amps and electrical. My .02

My exact thoughts. :D

the kicker would be a lot easier on your electrical than anything you need to power a zcon.

Not necessarily. The Zcon will play fine on 1000 watts.

Not necessarily. The Zcon will play fine on 1000 watts.

I can vouch for this. Lol

Dcons are more realistic for a budget system with great bang with amazing sq. As a zcon owner I vouche for zcons but they will add $$$$$ real quick. Amps electrical to maintain voltage. What kind of vehicle not sure if I missed that. Also for sq two icons would be right on point and they get low and loud. There's my pennies

Dcons are more realistic for a budget system with great bang with amazing sq. As a zcon owner I vouche for zcons but they will add $$$$$ real quick. Amps electrical to maintain voltage. What kind of vehicle not sure if I missed that. Also for sq two icons would be right on point and they get low and loud. There's my penis

:peepwall:

I don't have much to add, except that I had a single 10" Dcon ported and it was plenty loud and sounded damn good. I can't imagine what two 15's would do.