Briggiboy33

How would I get an audio job?!

If you want to work in a bay at a local car shop, you can skip college.

What exactly do you want to do in "Car Audio?" Design speakers? Design electronics? Install stereos? Custom fabrication?

this go be helpful for me also..im in the same boat

:WELCOME:

:WELCOME:

thanks

If you are going to college study electrical engineering and business. These can help further your knowledge of electronics and help you run a business.

Pay attention in physics and ask plenty of questions.

if you wanted to be the installer what would be the best things to study/know

Man up find a building advertise and do.good work. I started 913 customs with me and mtopper on the forum in my garage. And then just continued to grow and.now I own a shop with a new partner. Mtopper decided to focus more on school. The quality of.work you do.will be what separates you from the rest. Your best bet is to volunteer at a local shop and prove yourself. But unless you own or are that good there is no money

Some places require you get you MECP certification.

If your planning on going straight into an install bay, you can take mecp classes, get certified, and start applying to shops.

You can always do it the long way if all you have is spare time. The long way is becoming a regular at a shop, and applying just to be a hand. A hand will clean and clean, and learn by watching. Then they will upgrade you to simple jobs, and once you prove yourself, you can become a normal installer. The fast track is to get certified, and do lots of installs privately and take photos of your work. From there you apply with a solid resume.

If your planning on going straight into an install bay, you can take mecp classes, get certified, and start applying to shops.

I like this idea

Man up find a building advertise and do.good work. I started 913 customs with me and mtopper on the forum in my garage. And then just continued to grow and.now I own a shop with a new partner. Mtopper decided to focus more on school. The quality of.work you do.will be what separates you from the rest. Your best bet is to volunteer at a local shop and prove yourself. But unless you own or are that good there is no money

if this hobo can do it. anyone can...

Thanks everyone. I'd really like to install and build enclosures... The shop that's close to me, the guys there are dick heads... Btw the name is "Total Auto Concepts" in wareham ma... Like I'd go in there and try to talk with them, get advice or whatever and they Are just dicks about it. Like he sits behind the counter on his computer and makes it seem like I'm bothering him... Every time unless your asking to buy an amp or some subs he is a dick... So any way to get it out there that I make sub boxes? Or I install speakers head units amps whatever... Thanks

Thanks everyone. I'd really like to install and build enclosures... The shop that's close to me, the guys there are dick heads... Btw the name is "Total Auto Concepts" in wareham ma... Like I'd go in there and try to talk with them, get advice or whatever and they Are just dicks about it. Like he sits behind the counter on his computer and makes it seem like I'm bothering him... Every time unless your asking to buy an amp or some subs he is a dick... So any way to get it out there that I make sub boxes? Or I install speakers head units amps whatever... Thanks

If this is what you want to do for a living, not just on the side. Ask yourself, how much money do I want to make, do I need to make yearly, to support the lifestyle I want.

So not much money in it? =( lol well what would have good money in it about car audio stuff?...

So not much money in it? =( lol well what would have good money in it about car audio stuff?...

I never said there wasn't. I'm simply saying everything is relative to the lifestyle you want to live.

Would you be happy working at an install bay making, 20k, 25k a year?

Certainly if you owned your own shop that's a different story.

I would do some more research. What you may enjoy doing now, you may not like in a few years. You may also find that you enjoy working on your stereo, but when it comes down to working on other people's stereos, you get tired of it rather quickly.

I'm actually in the same boat. I would love to make a living off of audio and custom fabrication but unfortunately the income will most likely never satisfy my desires to buy everything I see haha. Instead I'm currently attending college to become a mechanical engineer and if I wish to further pursue the audio lifestyle I will also try to get my electric engineering degree giving me the best of both worlds. With this I would hope to get a decent paying job and MAYBE open my own store one day. Sorry to thread jack and I know I'm ranting on about my life, but maybe this could be something that would interest you and still give you the option of success even if the whole business thing fails.

i am in the same boat i am putting the finishing touches to my resume and turning it in at the 3 shops in town, Express Automotive is a rather new business and has an awesome owner. my resume will mention my goal of increasing my knowledge and understanding of mobile A/V and other automotive services. i turn eighteen in 3 weeks he said Bring in a resume he seemed very accepting of the idea of an apprentice tech.

Try the same, always make Very Sure that you do it the right way, and come off as Seriously interested. True proffesionals (IMO) are people who love their field of work, and another person pursuing the same passion is not competition but an ally.

Make your car look as clean and well done as you can even if your like me and too broke to afford a dash kit...i try and keep my stuff neat and tidy. First Impressions are alot.

If you want to do car audio for fun and enjoy it. DO NOT make it your career. You will begin to despise it, and never do it for fun.

I've been offered a few installer jobs as of late, at multiple different shops in the area, and turned down every single one. I want to keep it fun and a hobby.

If you want to do car audio for fun and enjoy it. DO NOT make it your career. You will begin to despise it, and never do it for fun.

I've been offered a few installer jobs as of late, at multiple different shops in the area, and turned down every single one. I want to keep it fun and a hobby.

:fing34: X2

damn it , I had an entire post written out and I pushed a button and went to youtube!!!! Ill have to type it up again but im going to summarize it, ugh. An hour of typing wasted...

Oh to sum up my lost post.

Im 17, I wanted a car audio job. I went to local car audio shop seeking advice. I then volunteered to work to learn more about car audio and get school volunteer hours. I did this to get my foot in the door since one of his employees was moving away. I became good friends with everyone at the shop. They all liked me. Then the guy moved away. He had a job opening. Some one else got it, (it was the owners cousin or something) but this is because he got laid off. But I didnt stop. I still helped out because I needed to hours. Im setting up car audio shows with my audio team Team NWSPL for this year. Im bring them in customers and im gettiing %10 of the sale from the people I bring in. There business isnt doing to well right now because of that damn car toys a few blocks down. But this summer when his cousin leaves he told me we will do an internship because he knows Im a good installer/build/salesperson and a friend. This is how im getting a job their. But my dad owns his own business and my family has alot more money than most kids my age and if my dad will hire me for more $$ then obviously im going to do that. But I like car audio more. So we will see in about 2 months, and im pretty much guaranteed the job.

There, thats my summary, my first post that was lost was about 4 paragraphs long explaining everything. I left out a bunch of stuff, but this is what you have to do.