im not confused.... im telling people what my contact with Everest sound labs told me.

NOTHING more.

NOTHING less.

i asked the questions,.... these are the answers

maybe you can start to see why i was offended as a consumer.. and felt like i was being seen as a fool........... and these are the kinda things that are being told to a potential team member

I felt that ESL had a good product and wanted to try them out. I have talked with both owners and the are very knowledgeable in the business. So I went with them.

and thats how i felt, and what i tried to do.. but i was passed on to the guy that has givin the info i have relayed

this is not a personal atack ,.. to you or to ESL. i simply wanted to know about the equipment i was interested in.

as far as warranty .. i know of SPL amps that are sold with no warranty only a DOA guarantee

I didn't take it personal at all! Its unfortunate that it happened for sure. Personally I think whoever you may have spoke with was just trying to "sell" the product. Expecting someone who doesn't know a thing. But fortunately like me your a competitor and know a little bit about the stuff. Not just some kid off the street...So his plan backfired!

I'm not saying these are cookie cutter or cheap. I am simply stating how easy it is to "build" and sell amplifiers. This particular board is a generic board with a few tweaks for the company. Also, Jon has posted what he has been told by a company affiliate who obviously is misinformed or really has no idea what he is talking about. Why on earth would they direct a potential customer to a guy who is clueless? In fact, why would they re-direct him and not handle the questions themselves.

The online community is small and everyone knows everyone. If they don't, they can find out. I can easily pick up the phone, call one person and tell you every detail about this amplifier, where it was designed, built, etc. . We are a tight knit community here and like to protect each other. We don't want anyone skarred from a bad deal or getting screwed, so everyone looks out for everyone. Every one is skeptical at first. If they prove themselves, all the better with a good manufacturer in the community. If they pose no value, they are not needed. IMO, they've already shed a negative light on Jon, so that affects me negatively. It only takes one bad apple. . .

If its so generic then why is it the only board with its layout? Why wouldn't they just use the 4 torrid or 8 torrid board like everyone else?

I don't know why they would do that either. However, do you know how many people call everyday wanting to be on the "team" just so they can get cheaper equipment? You have to weed out some of them. And I'm not saying Jon doesn't deserve to be on the team, or should have been redirected. But I don't know how he approached them either. If it was just "hey I would like to be on the team....well?" The I could see that maybe happening. But I am not saying that justifies that person not knowing the facts.

I am in the community just as you are. I am a competitor and travel to several events each year and have for years. I know what it takes to make it in this sport.

And unfortunately you may run into people who are "full of it".

That's what we like to prevent around here. The bullshitters. I'd like to see the owners in this post, especially given the negative light already shed on them from hearsay.

That would be nice....but I don't think they are on any forums yet.

If they would like a forum space, have them email me. :)

That would be nice....but I don't think they are on any forums yet.

If they would like a forum space, have them email me. :)

Thanks.

I will pass on the message!

I'd just like to see them in this thread to comment and clear everything up.

They called a buildhouse, picked out a generic board and sink and had the BH engineers install components to meet their spec, and voila. Any of us can do it. You call up a company, tell them you want a 5K amp with .001% distortion at 4ohms that is stable to X ohms, draws X amount of current, etc. They build some protos, ship them to you, you test, agree or disagree, wait til they get everything right, pay them, and bam you have amps. You don't have to know a damn thing about amps, electronics or anything. All you need is money. It's pretty simple and has been done for quite some time, and some people have become quite popular doing this.

If people only knew how easy it really is to become an amplifier manufacturer/vendor if you have the capital!

They called a buildhouse, picked out a generic board and sink and had the BH engineers install components to meet their spec, and voila. Any of us can do it. You call up a company, tell them you want a 5K amp with .001% distortion at 4ohms that is stable to X ohms, draws X amount of current, etc. They build some protos, ship them to you, you test, agree or disagree, wait til they get everything right, pay them, and bam you have amps. You don't have to know a damn thing about amps, electronics or anything. All you need is money. It's pretty simple and has been done for quite some time, and some people have become quite popular doing this.

If people only knew how easy it really is to become an amplifier manufacturer/vendor if you have the capital!

about 30-40 grand to get something going

More if you want a custom heatsink casing.

More if you want a custom heatsink casing.

I missed one word in quotations "Unique".

guys they are actually from new york. as far as talking down other companies I have sat down with both owners and never heard either of them talk down another company or brand. I on the other hand will give reviews based on what any piece of equipment does in my setup and have been taken the wrong way a few times . I still dont trash talk nothing except adictive 500.1 . esl 5k is a very well designed amp that runs good and does good power. strongest amp out no. but very strong. they will have 2500,3500,5k,7.5,10k . we have tested the 3.5, 5k , and 7.5 the 5 and 7.5 were very strong 7.5 excells.

John has lived in fla for a while and competed for years . Tony has worked for a few large companies soundstream being one of them . they took extra time and money redoing this design a couple times to ensure a good product. they do have a one of a kind output section stamped with esl. they have been slow to start but building up. really good guys . but only two people no one else.

How did you test the amplifiers' strength?

between myself, step harris , neil barber, jim myrick , and a few others we were the first to get proto types ,and first batch with drop in tests against other brands. such as mojo4k ,aa 500.1 powerbass 4k, powerbass 5k, stetsom 5 and 7ks . clamped tested 12 and 16v tests.no there not the strongest amps . but strong. tests were a while ago and didnt write any of the info down. we were simply making sure they would hold up and be competitive . I like them and many others are running these amps in fla alone. over 20 esl 5ks are being prepaired to run in inac ,sbn , world finals . alot of competitors in texas aswell . Im not saying they are the best but very respectable . 7.5 and 10k are not even avail yet. they are slowly growing a nice company. starting with comp equipment. then entry level, and highs, mids ,so on. I am happy with my purchase and will run again or run diff equipment . I still would like to run 7.5-10ks from dc, american bass , cactus ,and a few others.

From what I understand they plan to release a 3.5k,5k, and 10k for the competitors and people who want larger amps. I believe they have done away with the 2.5k and 7.5k. They are planning to release more consumer friendly model's such as 2k and under, as they will be dealer based. Along with a couple of 2 and 4 channels. But none of that is finalized as of yet. Right now they are just working on getting the name out. And as Nick said they will be doing it very soon.

I am not sure what Nick's test results were. But I will release my findings once I get through testing. Both 12 and 16v.

yea its been a couple months since I spoke with john but he told me then that the 7.5s where going to be comming and the 10ks afterward . I really liked the 7.5s they were strong. prototypes were.

I can't wait to test this bad boy! Only gonna be able to wire down to .7 at the moment. So it won't be full power. But once my jeep is done I'll drop one down to .35 and see what kind of power she makes! plan is to run 2 5k's at .67 daily in the end!:D

I just don't see how a clamp test is really an accurate way of comparing amplifiers, as it doesn't account for distortion, ie: clipping

I run all mine at .7 . tried .35 and one clipped . but that was in my box. a team mate ran 2 5ks at .35 ea in a wall with 4 15s and played music all day.