Sign in to follow this  
tkev77

subwoofer question

this is a really stupit question can i cause harm to my sub for tuning it to 25 hertz?

No, but in reality why do you want to tune so low in a vehicle? Cabin gain tends to add to the lower octaves. Most rap and hip hop style music is recorded around 30-35 hz.

bc when i was building my box i did the displacement for a 2 inch high port and that was counting the two sheets of 3/4 mdf so that only left me with a 1/2 port on the in side and the port is as long as it can go so yea its eather i pull apart the box and start over or run with it tuned to 25 hz

Wait.. Yeah, what kirill said

did you really make a port that is 0.5inch wide and 2 inch high? :s

That really is a "stupit" question.

But really you need to explain your box problem more. Post some pictures.

stupid can't you spell.

stupid can't you spell.

Read the first post by the OP, you'll get why he said that.. ;)

ok i fixed it now i used one 1/2 and one 3/4 mdf for the port insted of two 3/4 the ports out side size couldnt be bigger than 2 inches and with the two 3/4 peaces that left 1/2 air way which would tuned it to 25 hertz bt by me using one 3/4 and one 1/2 gives me 3/4 of air space in the port and tunes it to 32 hertz the ports inside size is 3/4 high and 10.5 wide and its 31 long

oh and im sorry i cant spell.spelling and reading gives me trouble but i can work wonders with numbers and do amazing things with my hands

oh and im sorry i cant spell.spelling and reading gives me trouble but i can work wonders with numbers and do amazing things with my hands

No worries man, it is the people that don't try to form sentences or intentionally misspell things that bother me.

It is very hard to understand your setup, can you post pictures?

People misspell words all the time. If you create a thoughtful well written question. You will get a thoughtful well written answer from one of the well informed members on this forum. Again I can't understand what your problem was. I am thinking you used a 1/2" piece of wood instead of 3/4" for part of your port?

25Hz ? Use a sealed box ! If possible. what sub is it ?

i cant get any pics at the moment because im at work but i did fix my problem.

i used diffrent size mdf to make it work the top of the port is 1/2 board and the bottom is 3/4 and the center (where the air will flow) is 3/4 from top to bottom which is alot of room bc the port is 10.5 wide.

the box is for two of the new sa-8v2 each sub is split from the other and are in about .6 cubic feet each tuned to 32 hertz on 600 rms watts a peace.

im hoping to be in the 130 dbs with this small box but im not getting my hope up yet

adhd.gif

ok i fixed it now i used one 1/2 and one 3/4 mdf for the port insted of two 3/4 the ports out side size couldnt be bigger than 2 inches and with the two 3/4 peaces that left 1/2 air way which would tuned it to 25 hertz bt by me using one 3/4 and one 1/2 gives me 3/4 of air space in the port and tunes it to 32 hertz the ports inside size is 3/4 high and 10.5 wide and its 31 long

I believe his port is 3/4" x 10-1/2" x 31" long, The enclosure is .6c.f. tuned to 25 hertz.

this is a really stupit question can i cause harm to my sub for tuning it to 25 hertz?

stupid can't you spell.

stupid can't you spell.

Read the first post by the OP, you'll get why he said that.. ;)

Talking to S Deyoung about his spelling.adhd.gif

Seriously you do not pay attention at all.