b34tBoX

Bang for Buck Shallow Mount Sub. 10's

I don't have much room at all, so driver needs to be less than 3.5" depth.

Looking for a dual 10" setup for sealed application.

Was browsing what's available and came across:

Pionneer TS-SW2501S4. (3" depth, 300RMS and 20-290Hz freq. range)

Rockford Fosgate Punch P3SD410 (3.5", 300RMS and 45-250Hz freq. range)

Now, judging by spec Pioneer would be the one to get, more shallow and more broad range, including <30Hz.

These are manufacturer specs so you never know though.

Don't want to spend anymore that $150 each, and something that plays a wide range including <30Hz, as flat response as possible.

So far that Pioneer looks like a winner.

Only meaningful spec there is mounting depth. You have no idea how flat or low the driver will play without the T/S parameters.

Also look into the Dayton line of shallow sub at Parts Express.

What is this going into?

If it is to be mainstream, Kicker would be my choice.

What is this going into?

2005 Civic coupe, behind rear seats. (which are slide all the way back. Have about 6" of maximum depth)

If it is to be mainstream, Kicker would be my choice.

Doesn't have to be mainstream. Looked into the CVT's. Mounting depth too much.

I like the Polk Audio MM1040. But 4.5" depth is too much.

Think I might just do up the Pioneers.

Edited by b34tBoX

Hell, these Clarion (ya I know) WF2510D look pretty legit too, and under $100. Plus look nice..LOL

(300W, 2 13/16" depth, 40-1000Hz freq range)

I think it's safe to say they are hitting lower than 40Hz here.

Edited by b34tBoX

im in the same boat, i was considering 2 RF shallows 10s or one JL 13TW5, i could get the 2 rfs and amp for about 400-600 while the jl with amp would rune be 600-800, so i am also unsure.

the RFs are 3.65 mounting

http://www.rockfordf...x?itemid=120427

the JL is 2.54

http://www.jlaudio.c...r-drivers-92181

rf also has an 8", 2.66 depth tho

http://www.rockfordf...x?itemid=233191

i decided to contemplate(lol) on buying the JL but never got around to actually purchasing it. i currently have an old 13w1 in a ported box and it takes up too much space in my trunk. i was considering getting a 13w6 at a time but have decided against taht due to me needing to utilize my trunk at times(luggage, etc) its an audi a5, so i dont really have much space to work with sad.png. havnt gotten around to getting dimensions due to my back being fucked up(nor have i cleaned it sad.png )

edit: and yeah, that clarion looks nice

edi2: i havnt had the chance to hear any shallow subs in person either, if any1 has heard any sub, what do you recommend. from what i've gathered, the jl is the "best", but im assuming its because of bias and name/brand...

Edited by salgutierrez

Thanks, been talking to a few owners of shallow mount subs on Youtube..haha

I think I'm going to do a pair of 12's instead of 10's.

Pioneer TS-SW3001S2. (12", 3.25" depth, 400RMS, 93dB sensitivity, 20-230Hz freq. range)

Then I can wire to Class-D amp @ 1ohm.

The people (who have installation experience) say these have great output and acoustics, as well dig deep for any kind of music.

Can be had for ~$120 each.

Edited by b34tBoX

I have an Alpine Type-R 12" Shallow I am trying to sell at the moment, however i think the mounting depth is at 3.5". Has the aluminum cone and if you have heard of any alpines new subs, they impressed me quite a bit, and this shallow held up to the standards. I put it side by side with my friends JL Tw5 shallow and I got better results as far as SQ and sound blending went. post on this if your interested or find it on ebay with all the specs.

I've heard the pioneer and wasn't that impressed. The only shallow subs I have heard that sounded good were the Memphis. I think they are the reference series and about 3" depth.

Buddy has the Vega stealth subs and really likes them. I haven't heard them yet but I know they were more than $150. Probably closer to twice that.

I bought the MTX shallow mounts for my truck after modeling up the response for the airspace I have.

They are rated 400 RMS, but I have the pair on an AQ2200 at 1 ohm and the clip light on my gain knob see plenty of action. Been a year now of daily abuse. They are loud and still going strong.

I bought the MTX shallow mounts for my truck after modeling up the response for the airspace I have.

They are rated 400 RMS, but I have the pair on an AQ2200 at 1 ohm and the clip light on my gain knob see plenty of action. Been a year now of daily abuse. They are loud and still going strong.

I'll assume sealed since they aren't meant for ported.

Looked them up, they look nice, have videos?

Edited by b34tBoX

videos won't EVER show you anything useful in a speaker.

I am a little concerned at the mounting location which you haven't described. Just because a woofer will "fit" doesn't mean it will work.

videos won't EVER show you anything useful in a speaker.

I am a little concerned at the mounting location which you haven't described. Just because a woofer will "fit" doesn't mean it will work.

Behind the driver and apssenger seats.

Kinda squeezed in there, but should work.

Counting on clearance for excursion, the pole vent, and room for the woofer to breath?

Counting on clearance for excursion, the pole vent, and room for the woofer to breath?

Caculating top depth of sub which is about 3.5" max, I'll be using 5/8" MDF. I have about 7" of total clearance for depth. Sounds doable.

ah fk, put it off again, until i needed my trunk space -.-

so what do ya think?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=107996

rf t600-2

Rated Power

(RMS Continuous Power): 200 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm

300 Watts x 2 @ 2-Ohm

600 Watts x 1 @ 4-Ohm Bridged

1-Ohm x 2 Stable

2-Ohm x 1 Bridged Stable

Total Power

(Sum of Rated Power): 600 Watts RMS

with 2 of these

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.aspx?itemid=120425

P3S 10"

Nominal Impedance: Dual 2-Ohm

Power Handling (Watts RMS): 300 Watts RMS

600 Watts MAX

wired

2_2ohmDVC_2ohm.png

i was trying to get a deal on a single JL 13TW5, but it fell through

Im running two 12" Pioneer TS-SW3001s4, and let me tell you they hit very nice. Didn't think a shallow mount would sound so good.

Look at all the space!

http://www.soundsolu...i-santa-fe-ltd/

gallery_23098_629_70693.jpg

gallery_23098_629_27229.jpg

thanks, gonna check this out and see what i want now, lol.

from what i understand(correct meif im wrong) hatchbacks and suvs are the best vehicles for banging out with the latter being the best. the thing is, these would be going in my trunk, so it wouldnt sound as loud.

you can port these subs, which does require a larger box but does give more output...even in a trunk im sure they'd sound fine.

you can port these subs, which does require a larger box but does give more output...even in a trunk im sure they'd sound fine.

so i really like your set up alot, props on it laugh.png . i was thinking about going the same build tbh, i just need to get some time(and no rain, unless i clean out the garage, which is a mess, lol) and came across the polks, only 1" more. what do u guys think?

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/mm/index.php?s=mm1240

it looks really sexy too, specs from sonicelectronix as polk doesnt really have them

• 12" Single 4 ohm Mobile Monitor Series Subwoofer
  • Power Handling:
    • Peak: 800 watts
    • RMS: 425 watts

Recommended Enclosure Specifications Recommended Enclosure Type Sealed Minimum Sealed Box Volume .88 cubic feet Maximum Sealed Box Volume .88 cubic feet Top-Mount Depth 4-5/8" Cutout Diameter 11"

i did not real both pages,.

but i did install a set of Clarion shallow mounts this week in a truck box on a alpine m500

sounded good

That looks good crackinhedz. Any videos?

People have been saying that the shallow mounts don't like the lows, any experience with these compared to a full sized sub?

Yeah Jon, the Clarion's actually do look decent, considering..

Edited by b34tBoX

so i really like your set up alot, props on it laugh.png . i was thinking about going the same build tbh, i just need to get some time(and no rain, unless i clean out the garage, which is a mess, lol) and came across the polks, only 1" more. what do u guys think?

http://www.polkaudio...ex.php?s=mm1240

They look nice! and Sonic Electronix has a great price too! (Polks website says $280 each, which is insane.)

I was looking at the JL shallow mount, but that is around $400+ for one...which is also insane so I went with the Pioneer shallow mounts. But yeah, the Polk's look nice. Just read as many user reviews as you can.