linus73

i love my new xcons

Hello everyone. My name is steve and i may be a newbi here on ssa but definitely not a newbi to the car audio scene. I have worked at many sound shops since 1993 and have owned my own shop for the past 3 years. car audio is my passion. I compete once in a while when i have time to. I just wanted to thank ssa for the new xcons i received today! They are by far the best 10" subs i have used thus far. Great sound, and loud! I have had many setups in my cars in the past and in my current lexus is 250 i have used orion 10" hcca, orion 12" xt rpro (which smoked) and alpine 12" type r's. I sold the orion hcca's and ever since that i missed them. My trunk is small, so

12's really dont fit to well because of width issues. Im working with 30 inches wide at its max. So i started searching for some better subs other than orion hcca( which were my best sounding setup) i ended up choosing the dual 2ohm 10" xcons. I have not regreted the purchase one bit! i spent a bit more on the xcons than the hcca's , but money wasnt the issue here. I just wanted something different that no one i know of have used or has had. These xcons sound better and do the job more easily as my orions did. When they finally break in im sure ill be even more excited as i am. Thanks ssa for your fine craftsmanship and service. Now if i can just get the loot together to make an opening dealer order, i can introduce ssa to my customers, and have a line that those dang flea market and discount malls cant compete with!

Awesome! Post some pics or videos.

gayhaaay1.gif and welcome to SSA, nice little review on the Xcons. I always wanted to try a pair Xcons myself, I agree with ricksi30 pics or vids.

There is some pics in the "how did you guys find ssa" not sure about page # maby close to 58 or so. I will do a video tomorrow and post it to youtube and on my photobucket account. I made one earlier but the sound on my phone was terrible.

Thanks for the welcomes.and replies

Edited by linus73

nice review man!

I want to try out some xcons myself

Welcome

WELCOME.gif

That's wonderful to hear. Glad you like them and that you found SSA. :)

:WELCOME: to the forum!! Glad to hear you're loving your XCON's. I can't wait to try my one 10" XCON with a pair of 10" PR's out and see how it does.

here are some before and after pics of the install.. the xcons are d2 wired to .5ohms , powered by a mmats 3000.5, 2 runs of 4ga, 2nd batt (kinetik 1800) in rear trunk, on stock alt, enclosure is 2.63 net internal volume after displacement tuned to 33hrtz.

here is a lil video while i tuned it, the volume did not turn out good! it is a direct link to my album.

http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/stevelobello/?action=view&current=20120503_152337.mp4

20120504_072449.jpg

20120503_142559.jpg

20120503_142607.jpg

20120503_142614.jpg

IMG_20110330_022416.jpg

my old orion enclosure

box5.jpg

thanks for looking and the comments.

Great looking box and subs!

The xcons are sounding better as each day passes. Man these subs are really awsome! No smell to em like my orion's had. These babys are begging for more, and if i had better electrical in the ride i would give it to them (warranty issues is why i dont upgrade the alt yet) gonna have to wait 5 more yrs to do that. But anyway these xcons outperformed just about every other sub i have tried, as well as my customers too. My 2 xcons sound soooooooo f.....ing AWSOME! maby ssa will have the zcons available in 10's soon.

Edited by linus73

pics or a vid please

did you bulid the enclosure?

sorry seen the pic late^^^

Loving the positive feedback. :) Zcon10's are probably not going to happen for normal production.

So far, xcons have surpassed every sub I've ever owned also. Best sounding by far. Way better than w6's and with the Wiring options make them more real world acceptable. I see no reason more people aren't using these!

the pics are above. did you see them? and here is a link to a short video, excuse the terrible volume! http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/stevelobello/?action=view&current=20120503_152337.mp4

and i have a guy i use to build all of my enclosures. he is out of michigan city and builds enclosures for my shop exclusively. i could build them myself but too much time spent actually in installing alarms and remote starters and sound systems. besides my back is shot and i cant lift sheets of wood and do strenuious work. we build enclosures for all types of subs, tuned and ported to specs, 2" front if needed and fully braced.

i took a nice lond drive from chicago to calumet city. i was banging the sh...t out of the xcons all the way there. MAN OH MAN! these bad boys finally broke in on the way home. it was insane! the bass was hitting soo hard and loud i was like what happened? it sounded like i magically upgraded to another 1000 watts in power, which i didnt. and i agree with nineball about bieng the best 10" subs. like i said before i had 10" orion hcca's and they sounded great but the xcons on the other hand blow them away! these 10" xcons ( if in the correct enclosure and properly tuned with full bracing will easilly blow away a set of 12's that most people can buy. my 2 10" xcons sound like 4 twelves, NO JOKE! and when i show my customers how loud my setup is (before letting them know i have two 10's) they guess and always say 4 twelves. and when i show them whats in the trunk THEY ARE AMAZED AND BLOWN AWAY! LITERALLY THAT IS. I im gonna meter my ride with my audiocontrol and see if i doing what i did with my old orion hcca's which was 140.5db. ill post a video on my photobucket account and put up a link here. AND IF 10" ZCONS WERE MADE I WOULD BUY THEM TOO! i am currenty getting the funds together to buy 12 units

Thats awesome bro! Congrats as well to the equipment! :)

Thats awesome bro! Congrats as well to the equipment! smile.png

thanks! i wish ssa had an amp line, i just might try one.

Again I am happy that you love your XCONS! They are by far some of the best drivers that I have ever owned. I would put them in my top three and I have owned a TON of different subs.

To build an amp up to SSA standards would be not very cost effective I don't believe.. Just my opinion. But with SSA's motto being built in america, I'm assuming that principal would still apply for any future products. And IIRC, an all american amplifier may cost a bit compared to what other brands offer watt to watt. Also, iirc, some pieces that are produce in every amplifier are only produce in other countries, which again, would go against the SSA motto. But if it could be done, without a doubt I would too buy!!

To build an amp up to SSA standards would be not very cost effective I don't believe.. Just my opinion. But with SSA's motto being built in america, I'm assuming that principal would still apply for any future products. And IIRC, an all american amplifier may cost a bit compared to what other brands offer watt to watt. Also, iirc, some pieces that are produce in every amplifier are only produce in other countries, which again, would go against the SSA motto. But if it could be done, without a doubt I would too buy!!

If I'm not mistaken Aaron or Mark said it is something that they might consider. If so I'm right there with you guys.