Brendon

Brutus BRZ2400.1D or Soundstream RUB1.2500D

I'm in the market for a new amp and will be running it @ 2ohms on X2 SA-12s is either one of these any bit significantly better than the other (SQ, Doing rated etc)

Edited by Brendon

I personally have had good luck with hifonics. My subs are 6 years old and still bass racing to this day they outlasted my Pt Cruiser lol. I have them hooked up to a vfl 100.1 @1ohm in a sealed box and the car slams. I don't know much about soundstream so I really can't say anything except that my Hifonics have never done me wrong.

The Hifonics are good bang for your buck, make sure you buy with a warranty because I have seen a ton not work right out of the box, ex: they go straight into protect. The Soundstream Rubi2500 has cheap mounting feet on it, so do not mount it on a box. I'd go with the Hifonics personally, unless you find an older Soundstream. Check out Audiopipe, imo they are better for your buck! Good luck :)

Thank's for the feed back so far, what line of AP do you recommend? I checked there website and I found the AQX2500.1 but that does 1150 @ 2ohms and I can't find a 2 ohm rating on the APK2500.1, I would love some more feedback thanks guys.

Edited by Brendon

ive owned both of these amps....

GO WITH THE HIFONICS

i just sold my soundstream rubicon 2500w cause its a pos.... the amp would overheat sooo quick and go into protect within 10-15 min of playing music....

the hifonics brz2400's that i had never went into protect and they would let me beat on them all day long....

Why not spend more money on a smaller more quality amp?

Woofers can't do anything with 2,400+w of dirty power.....

Why not spend more money on a smaller more quality amp?

Woofers can't do anything with 2,400+w of dirty power.....

Well 340 is my limit, I'm currently on a zx750.1 it has a birth sheet of 925, my subs are d2s so it would be wired up at 2 ohms, any suggestions? Thanks.

Edited by Brendon

Are you looking to buy new no matter what? Also, are you willing to run .5ohm?

Willing to buy used as long as it wasn't abused what amps would be okay to run @ 0.5 daily on just the big three and a extra batt?

Why don't you sell those SA12s and buy 2 that are D4 ohm so you can buy a better amp that you can run at 1 ohm?

Just depends on the total power you will have.

But with around 1,200-1,500w you'd be fine at .5ohm.

Edited by bassahaulic

Suggesting running at .5 is crazy overkill on the electrical... We don't know what he has and I'd be scared regardless of killing the amp quicker... Being tested at .5 and running daily are 2 different things, not everyone has your expertise and apparently awesome budgets Drew.. lol

Suggesting running at .5 is crazy overkill on the electrical... We don't know what he has and I'd be scared regardless of killing the amp quicker... Being tested at .5 and running daily are 2 different things, not everyone has your expertise and apparently awesome budgets Drew.. lol

Same question still stands BRZ2400 or RUB2500?

Edited by Brendon

I have far from an awesome budget.

I don't feel .5 is that bad of a strain on electrical or a decent amplifier.

OP, out of the two I'd reccommend the BRZ, I've seen good things from Hifonics in the past.

Anyone else wanting to weigh in on the subject? I'm leaning towards the BRZ, I honestly thought everyone would be saying SS I guess not lol thanks for the reply's guys I appreciate it.

Edited by Brendon

Soundstream used to be one of the best in the business, but like many older companies, they are just a shadow of their former selves.

I agree Hifonics,MbQuart,Autotek, and Crunch are all made by Maxxsonics which is a good company and pricing is affordable and some of there amps are 4000watts rms @1ohm.

Try to find a used Sundown saz 1500 : would be a very good match with your subs.

I know Crescendo and DC make cheap 2000 w amps. Take a look at them before buying the Hifonics.

You already have a Kicker amp ? So you could run a single zx 1500 to the subs. Sell the one you have for the 1500. I'm sure you can find very good deals here.

good luck !

Try a used aq2200 amp. There is one for sale in the classifieds.

FML! Now I'm going to need to return it..It should be here tomorrow..Thanks for the heads up!

New is not always better, just saying the amp you ordered "could" be built better. Those companies are always trying to figure out ways to save money and bring in more profits.

They are supposedly more efficient.

also this is in the description on SonicElextronix

The Gladiator Series by Hifonics is a robust and power hungry (lol) new line for 2012. These amplifiers boast a wide set of features such as a built in diagnostic mode that will detect shorted speaker leads, low impedance, dangerous high temperatures, DC shorts and will shut down the amp to help prevent damage.

Edited by Brendon

Just had my Hifonics Gladiator GLX1000.1D amp installed with my two 12" Pioneer TS-SW3001 shallow mount subs installed. Only had it going for about an hour, but wow...I was hesitant about shallow mounted subs, but they kick ass.

here are some pics of my system...

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w184/crackinhedz/Car%20DVD%20Headrest/