Sign in to follow this  
NDMstang65

Official SI Demo Car Build Thread!

P&S has NEVER come off any car I've used it on (even on the roof of one car).  Why pay more money for other deadener when it does nothing more performance-wise?  I don't buy products because of the name.

If speakers and speaker wire were the same way I'd be using Sparkomatics all the way around and walmart wire...but they're not the same.  :)

You dont live where i can reach 130+deg F in your car.

For me, the peformance is pretty pathetic. Luckily thats not the case for you.

do you want me to bring the spl enclosure for the mags?

i aughta slap you on the forehead with teh fo millies for even thinkin about that

after all that work i put into that chit, ill be gat damn if that is coming out of that car for a f'n ugly ass mdf box.

:soapbox:

Exactly. :lol2:

Yes that is Peel-n-seal on the doors.  I use it exclusively.  Everything else I've used oozes out over time.  P&S stays put, doesn't run, and is the best bang-for-your-buck out there. 

...of course if you don't use a heat gun with P&S you need to be punched.

And yeah Chad, I'm trying to get the teg finished by then to come up there that weekend!

P&S + Spectrum + Rattle pad FTW :)

The secret to P&S is metal tape... you cover every seam starting with the very first piece and it'll stick. This was every piece is effectively taped down to the car metal and/or the piece below it. This prevents tar leakage and falling off. I know it's not insanely hot here... but the P&S in my old car has stuck for over 4 years now with no issues using this method.

Maybe it only works if you are OCD like I am and cover EVERY seam... right Nick ?

Edited by sundownz

Enclosure was sprayed again today except this time no solvent popping! :bigok:

Here are pics of the install of the enclosure, amp, and subs. The end caps aren't on the amplifier yet but I have to wait until my Olympus comes back to put the end caps on because I lost the end cap screws. :Doh:

painted.JPG

installed.JPG

installed2.JPG

I totally forgot those amps light up the letters.

A light under the amp rack to light up the subs would be cool.

O my, that's pretty. Powered her up yet?

So beautiful!!! WHere's the frontstage amp?

looks really nice guys

will look even better with the end caps

make sure to post pics with em on

very, very nice!! personally, i like the wires showing, especially since they aren't just ordinary wires.

very nice finish on that enclsoure and overall fitment!!! a very worthy install for your demo/daily car!! (and for awesome subs)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Yep, the amp is under the false back seat. I thought I posted pictures of that also but apparently not. But like Chad said, the amp is getting fixed right now - it went ballistic (apparently it doesn't like almost a g of force being applied to its internals - i.e. the integra at its limit around a turn), almost blew my right Koda, and then continued to distort HEAVILY on the right channel. So I made a phone call and the amp is being fixed now. :)

final looks really good

pucking amazing looking!!!