BavarianBeast

Best midbass for ft1-se?

What would be the best mid bass I could get for the ft1 "supertweeters"?

I was thinking of going 8" but I dont think the ft1's would pair up with an 8" so maybe selenium 6"?

edit: Impious gotz this

Edited by lithium

You are not going to want to mate an 8" driver to a supertweeter.

Really most 6.5" driver's won't really work well either.

Supertweeters don't play low enough, any driver of reasonable diameter isn't going to play high enough unless you plan to aim them all on-axis and even then that only partially solves one of many issues.

Best solution is to ditch the supertweeter and use something more logical.

ok then now lets change the thread what would be the best tweeter to match up with a selenium 8" midbass

Would need significantly more details about the system, goals, etc. Most importantly the model # of the mids, Selenium made more than one 8" mid.

its going into my kick panel near your feet I want alot more midbass, factory for my car is 5.25" and Im going to just have ethier 8" or 6" cut out and technically run IB, I was interested in super tweets cause right now i have mb quart reference tweeters and there not loud enough. cause of my xcon ........

the tweeters and midbass will be run of a soundstream STL4.500 so midbass will see 250 and so will the tweeters. I will have gains on 0 because of my 4v headunit

Didn't answer all of the questions. Need to know the model of the midbass, what your goals for the system are, what equipment you will be using, what your preferences are if you know them, etc etc.

or maybe even crescendo pwx-8 they say there usable fq is up to 5000 hz and they say the ft1 ideal cross over is 3400hz?

LOL....they aren't useable up to 5khz, atleast not by my definition of "useable". Depending on your definition of "useable" you could claim an 18" subwoofer is "useable" to 20khz.

How are the mid and tweeter going to see 250w ?? That amp is rated 80w x 4 @ 4ohm

my system is just a daily set up, im looking for the best midbass im interested in sundown neo pro 8's , selenium 8's , crescendo pwx-8 .... If I could afford it I would get ScanSpeak revelator 7" . so basically im interested in the best budget midbass , and tweeters for around $300 together

the mids I was going to run them on bridged channel at 8 ohm a piecs thats 4ohm at 250w , and your right the tweeters will only see 80w each

• Available in both 4 and 8 ohm
  • Rated 200w RMS
  • Usable freq response 76-5100hz

this is from crescendos website of the pwx-8

the mids I was going to run them on bridged channel at 8 ohm a piecs thats 4ohm at 250w , and your right the tweeters will only see 80w each

I'm not sure I understand.

You were going to run both 8" mids together in parallel bridged from the amp?

DO NOT do that.

What were you planning to use for a crossover?

• Rated 200w RMS

I don't care what the website says.

Don't use that driver up to 5khz.

lol alright I didnt think it would be a bad idea, I was thinking of using a mb quart crossover until I can get one that perfectly blends the midbass and tweeter together

• Rated 200w RMS

I don't care what the website says.

Don't use that driver up to 5khz.

I believe you , I was just mislead by what the website says, I thought it was too good to be true. I just want my car to blend well with my xcon my bass is fine right now I just need to give my front stage a whole re working so thanks for the help.

lol alright I didnt think it would be a bad idea, I was thinking of using a mb quart crossover until I can get one that perfectly blends the midbass and tweeter together

I presume a passive crossover?

Terrible idea.

Without knowing the crossover frequency, you are just throwing darts at the board. If you don't use drivers of the same impedance as the crossover was designed to be used with, you will change the crossover frequency and end up with giant gaps in the frequency response. If the passive has any built-in extras, such a zobel networks, they will be rendered useless and change the behavior of the crossover. Generally speaking it's less than ideal to use a passive crossover with any speakers other than those with which it was designed to be used.

I think you need to take a step back and come up with a better plan for something within both your budgetary, equipment and knowledge constraints. No offense, but based on your posts in this thread I don't think an active setup would be a great plan for you right now at this moment in time.

I think your best plan of attack would be to find a good pre-designed component set.

What are your speakers right now?

i found the crossover specs a while ago let me go look for them, i remember they were in a good place to cross over a 6" with a tweeter

I was just mislead by what the website says, I thought it was too good to be true.

It is. It's called "salesmanship" :)

Im runing an mb quart reference component set and its not enough midbass and the tweeters are not loud enough , whats a better component set for around $250 that will give me excellent midbass and good highs

While the specs say the 8" PWX mids play up to 5000hz, is it ideal in all situations? No. Will it do it? Yes.

If all you have to work with is a full range signal with a highpass of say 80hz, you can run the PWX8 that way and let it roll off naturally without worry. You can then use our passive high pass crossover on the FT1 supertweeters. It will play fine.

Ideally it would be better to have the 8's play from 80 -300 and then have a dedicated midrange speaker play the 300-5k range and then have your tweeters play up from that, but not everyone has that capabilities, budget and/or space. Or maybe even knowledge how to set that up.**

So in reguards to the question here...... I will say that the PWX8 will do what you want it to do and you can purchase the supertweeter 12db crossover from us as well. It is not listed on the website currently, so email us at sales@crescendoaudio.com and we will help you out.

**This is just an example and not meant as a reference.

Edited by Epicenter Jon

Im runing an mb quart reference component set and its not enough midbass and the tweeters are not loud enough , whats a better component set for around $250 that will give me excellent midbass and good highs

Midbass has a lot to do with installation. I assume this is a door installation.

Have you deadened & sealed your doors? If not, that's step one. No sense in changing speakers until you have the installation solidified.