BavarianBeast

Best midbass for ft1-se?

OP : in résumé you should fix your instal or simply run a comp set ? What do you chose ?

I'd rather use a comp set and don't worry aymore ! With $300 you can find some good ones.

yea I was looking at either hertz esx 165 , or maybe hybrid audio imagine 6 or something from dls. and maybe down the line ill switch over to active once I get a better amp cause in my opinion this soundstream amp im running isnt verry sq oriented even tho its an a/b. The only problem I have is finding a dealer that carries most of the brands I want so I can hear them in person side by side.

The Precision Power Sedona amps have a Bandpass option that seems decent, really one of the better looking ones I could find while trying to find something for my Crescendo 8's and FT1's. Seem fairly inexpensive. I thought of running this for just my mids and running a bass blocker for the tweeters, and a hp filter from other amp on my 6.5's

http://www.sonicelec...cture_id=407739

oh thats considered bandpass then my amp has that same feature.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=23973&picture_id=411633

Maybe run tweeters on the front channel and midbass on rear channel?

Looking at the amp it should work. Run hpf at 4k on the fronts and the mids band passed at 70-300 or so on the rear channel. Just need a filler midrange. Look at another 2 channel to run the midrange band pass at 300-4k. That's what I will do but M5 is way more knowledgeable about it than me. Atleast I "hope" I can maybe pull off that same scenerio with mine.

I really hate to sell mine and buy two new sets of components to keep up with my subs.

Thats why I just want to do a 2 way for now cause my amp only has 4 channels. yea I really need something to keep up with my sub and I want mids that can blend nicely with my subwoofer.

Well, honestly I am probably going to run my current component set to do the duties from 300hz up. my 8's from 70-300 and the FT1's from 4500 up. If it sounds like ass I will rip it all out and do it over. I like a loud pronounced tick tick tick tick in my music but dont want screaming high pitched words. So I may run the FT1 at 5500+. Hopefully it works.

Look forward to see how yours ends up, let you be the guinea pig, LOL. Mine will all be in next week.

nah I ditched the idea of ft1-se ill just use the 100 to add on to get a good set of components . im just having a hard time to decide what will my money go best to I like hertz I like the focal polyglass I like the rainbow SLC 265.25 NG. idk what to get im so lost lol .

And I would concur.

No, I was concurring with M5 that I wouldn't run active off of an amplifier only.

Budget is relative. I'm on a budget...bet it's different than yours although I may actually spend less an audio amusingly.

Generally speaking I'd do it with a headunit. Sell yours, but something that can do it. Used is definitely more than okay. Going to cost you a few hundred bucks to do so.

For a plug in to what you have option, for $109+ shipping you can have a single miniDSP. That would also be cost effective.

or my HU.... which has active capabilities... will be going up very very soon...

Sorry forgot to mention I will be running a pioneer 80prs which has what's needed. Although I'm glad to hear clearafication on the amp xovers

do you guys recommend any alpine headunits im a fan of alpine. I know they have that alpine imprint is that pretty good?

Bass Engine Pro is great, Imprint I am not so much a fan of. Any of the older BEP units are sweet.