Kangaroux

Kangaroux's 99 Pathfinder

Trying to figure out what is causing all that noise...I think it's just the door slapping the actual body of the car right where the handle is since the gap between those 2 things are real small. Gonna need some more weatherstripping...again...lol

Thats what I was gonna suggest.. Some weatherstrippin on the inside of the door to stop it from rattling.

Haven't done much with the build since I'm broke lol. Figured I'd at least make a quick vid. Volume isn't all the way up to prevent voltage drop and clipping

Nice! looks like its moving some air for sure...

Next vid should be a Hair trick :D

I like it aalot. Just might downgrade to a nice single 18 like that.

looks great man!!!

Nice! looks like its moving some air for sure...

Next vid should be a Hair trick biggrin.png

Don't know if it's moving that much air just yet..lol

I like it aalot. Just might downgrade to a nice single 18 like that.

Yeah, I'm addicted to single 18 setups. Out of the 5 or so setups I've ran, 3 of them were single 18 setups. Lot less hassle compared to running a pair of 12's, plus it looks cooler and is less expensive lol. And the word "downgrade" should never be used when talking about the xcons ;)

looks great man!!!

Thank you sir. I still have a bit of work I want to do to it, but for now it sure does a decent job lol.

Nice work man.

More deadener!

Time for two 18s!

The pathfinder is actually deadened up just about as much as I can go before going too extreme lol. I have audio technix all around with those pieces of scrap wood attached to them for even more added mass. I probably have close to 10 tubes of that PL375 silicone too so I don't get too much panel movement either.

As for adding a second 18, that's the plan. Gonna wall it off with 2 of them and still run the AQ2200 but drop it down to half ohm daily. I ran it at .5 daily with my last setup and it seemed fine though it got a bit warm, so I would definitely want to put a couple fans on it to keep it cool. I figure I could probably break a 150 with a pair of 18's off the 2200 considering I'm doing around a 147 at the moment with a single 18 non-walled.

Also, while this isn't really relevant to my build log, I recently built a box for a local that's currently housing 4 12" obsidians running off a sundown saz-3000. I decided to step up my game and play around with those kerfs some more and it came out looking great. There are 35 pictures and I don't feel like posting up every single one so if you are interested in viewing the album link is below. Any criticism is appreciated (though try not to make fun of me too bad :( )

http://imgur.com/a/G4UfX#0

Looking great!

Looking great!

Show tomorrow, should be able to grab some vids. I'll get em posted up for you guys

Put up a 145.4 @ 40hz today. Not impressed with the number but it got me a first place trophy so I can't really complain, then again the setup isn't built for metering whatsoever and I wasn't expecting a high score either. It sounds great and digs real low so I'm happy :)

On a semi-related note, I was playing a rack city remix that drops down to 20hz and someone said my tire was shaking. I went out to check and sure enough the rear tire would move back and forth about 1/4" when the 20hz note hit

Nice lol tuned in for when you wall it :)

Been sick all week so I made a quick flex vid but it was kinda dark out and my camera sucks so it's hard to see it. Song hits at 23hz and it shakes EVERYTHING. I know I've probably said it a thousand times but I've never had a sub that could dig so low and still sound so good as the xcon

looks good came a long way.. i like to see other builds with the same vechicle as mine because there arent many ...i still have that singer 200ampalt when your ready im in no rush to sell it im using it as a back up just incase my other one takes a dump on me

i have a 97 qx4 basically the exact same car except for the drivetrain and transferbox

(it uses the system from a skyline)

I had 4 15's and 20kw in it, right now i just have the door speakers in it and a hho system because i was getting 8mpg highway ( i get 25 now)

im gonna put 4 18's in it eventually in a b pillar wall mine is fully "armored" ive been shot at in it before so i know it can at least stop a 45 handgun

the windows dont go down anymore but the door panels go

exterior door skin-> 2 layers of dynamat-> then a layer of 1/4 inch alumnium -> then a layer of 3/4 inch mdf with 8 lb/sqft rigid foam inbetween both layers and the alum and the door

the roof and trunk are the same way the floor is just 2 layers of dynamat

the car is bagged on stock rims, matte black paint all over