Kangaroux

Kangaroux's 99 Pathfinder

And you tried to tell me that you couldn't do it. sigh.gif

And you tried to tell me that you couldn't do it. sigh.gif

I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said I wasn't comfortable doing it cause I didn't really have the materials for it lol (resin etc.)

My box builder puts wood glue mixed with wood dust in the inner part of the kerf. No problem so far, without any nice 45 like you added !

My box builder puts wood glue mixed with wood dust in the inner part of the kerf. No problem so far, without any nice 45 like you added !

My plan is to fill up each kerf with PL400 so then once I bend it into place it'll squish out any of the extra and keep all the kerfs filled up. Lay a little bit of glue on top and then drop the 45 right behind it. Should be solid as a rock :)

Looks great

Looks great

Went to the depot to get some stuff.... got wood?

b9Kho.jpg

Part of my jigsaw came apart too so I had to get some JB weld as well. I had fixed it previously using some random adhesive I found laying around the house but when it cured it was almost like a gel and obviously didn't hold up to the intense vibrations of a jigsaw.

FZAby.jpg

The 2 shafts that move up and down (lol) came apart. One is for the blade, the other is for the scrolling. Put a ton of JB weld on the inside and plenty on the outside. Made sure to wipe down the whole thing to get rid of oil, then I sprayed the gears with some WD40 in case something was locking up causing the 2 shafts to come apart.

2nvDn.jpg

HpQ1D.jpg

IT BEGINS

oIy77.jpg

sEUTv.jpg

Whatchu know about a 10" 45°, son?!

bD79q.jpg

EqO9c.jpg

WZGJP.jpg

a1nLP.jpg

Plenty of PL400 for maximum deebeez (the number after 'PL' indicates your approximate dB gain when used to seal your box)

nEhnJ.jpg

2sf6k.jpg

Ym0td.jpg

If you're like me you probably get distracted when doing box builds and you fuck something up...quick tip of the day!

You might have noticed my kerf piece was a couple inches short...easy fix for that:

SPEKr.jpg

k6UAO.jpg

cB5v4.jpg

The trick is to use screws that are around 1 1/4" long and to drill it in from the back. That way you don't see any screw marks on the front and it looks normal. Next you need to sand down the 2 edges of wood that are touching. Just a slight bevel is fine. Then, grab some body filler, or if you're like me and don't have any, grab a handful of some fine sawdust and mix it with plenty of glue. Lay down a small bead of glue in the groove you made from sanding, and lay down your filler.

Stho0.jpg

If you used the sawdust method, give it a good 4 hours or so to sit and dry up before sanding. You want it to be as dry as possible when sanding, or else you'll rip it apart and little chunks will stick to your sandpaper.

Anyways, moving on.

5hf7K.jpg

4BV8G.jpg

Pa4Mp.jpg

AJM0H.jpg

Edited by Kangaroux

adhd.gif

glad you got it mang

Fo sho...thanks for the extra wire! Deal of the century, lol.

'

werd_msword.gif

Edited by Julian

adhd.gif

glad you got it mang

Fo sho...thanks for the extra wire! Deal of the century, lol.

'

werd_msword.gif

You need to update your signature... :peepwall:

Been sanding for the past hour to get that seam flush. My arm is quite numb lol. I need to pick up a filler to get rid of all those tiny holes, and maybe something to color it a bit so it's not so dark.

I got the back and side + 45 all glued and ready to go, just going to let that dry overnight so when I come to prime and paint it tomorrow it isn't excessively glossy. I'm going to prime and paint the port and the back/side seperately so that way I can do as smooth a job as possible on it. It's harder to get it to look nice once everything is assembled because you can't really angle the spray can that well. I also still need to pick up some glossy red paint for the kerf itself, but for now I'll just leave that primed until I get some paint.

Also...reason for no pics this post is cause I mainly just sanded down that seam and the camera was upstairs...plus I'm tired, so deal with it lol.

Very nice! Kerf looks sexy :)

Sanding is a bitch.....it will be worth it in the end!

Very nice! Kerf looks sexy smile.png

Thanks! I accidentally moved the blade over a 1/4" instead of a 1/2" for one of the cuts so that's why it looks like there's an extra cut there. Thankfully it didn't mess up any of the kerf (as you can probably tell, lol).

I got the side and back put on this morning as well as painted the port (minus the kerf, like I said because I need some red paint still). I'll get some pics up in a bit. All that's left to do is cut out the sub hole, the flush mount, and then the bottom. Once that is done I'm going to be sanding for several hours lol.

Sanding is a bitch.....it will be worth it in the end!

That's what I tell myself the entire time I'm sanding lol! Hard to stay motivated when you do the same thing for hours at a time.

Nice progress, you need a few beers after all that sanding biggrin.png .

lol. Gas station 5 minutes from my house has a soda machine where you can get 1 liter of any kind of soda you want for 74 cents. Might be swinging by there for a mountain dew later, lol.

All that hand sanding would wear me out. You can get a sheet sander for like $40. Heck you can even pick up a cheap belt sander for less than $100.

Looking good so far!

All that hand sanding would wear me out. You can get a sheet sander for like $40. Heck you can even pick up a cheap belt sander for less than $100.

Looking good so far!

Now that I'm looking at it I think I'll just skip the sanding until I pick up a belt sander, cause I'm not gonna get anywhere with the tools I have right now lol.